No Sounds FSFK ?

Lawman (LA-901)

I searched for a solution but couldn't find one....

I recently updated FSFK to the latest version and now I find myself with no sounds. I downloaded all of the available add-ons but still nothing. At one time I selected a hot key for sounds (on/off) and thought I heard a pilot (for a second) I've noticed some of the sections are "greyed out"..

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Lawman

• Aerosoft
I searched for a solution but couldn't find one....

I recently updated FSFK to the latest version and now I find myself with no sounds. I downloaded all of the available add-ons but still nothing. At one time I selected a hot key for sounds (on/off) and thought I heard a pilot (for a second) I've noticed some of the sections are "greyed out"..

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Lawman

Lawman, are you sure the link to the sound folder is setup correctly in the General Settings? I amk not at home so I can't check, but I seem to remember there is a path setting there.

Hi,

the buttons are disabled because you are recording a flight (as far as I can see it from your screenshot). In this mode you can only change the profile.

I also see from your screenshot that you have set the sound active mode to "While FSFK is active", this means that you only hear sound if FSFK is the active application (has got the main windows focus). I think this is not what you want. Please change it to "Always on" or "While FS is active" and you should hear your sounds.

Hope this helps

Thomas

Thomas,

I deleted FSFK today along with all the templates and the sounds... I reinstalled the entire program and I'M STILL having the same problem. I'm not sure what my original screen shot looked like (except grayed out). I have never recorded ANY flights (at least on purpose)... I'm not even sure how to do it! Somehow this happens when the two programs meet because nothing is grayed out prior to FS9 being connected.

mathjiskok

The sound files are where the program installs them... I never move sound files around for just that reason! If you have specific things I should check... let me know.

I appreciate the help from both of you and hope I can get this resolved.

Charles (Lawman)

Whenever your are connected with FS (which your screenshot shows) your are actually recording a flight. While connected with FS you are not allowed to change some options (means that those will be disabled/grayed). Simply disconnect and you are able to change your sound options.

Regards

Thomas

Thomas,

I understand what you are saying about the recording aspect of it but that is not what is happening. I changed the settings to what you suggested. Now... the only time I can hear the ambient noise or even the pilots is when I minimize FS9. Once I maximize FS9, the FSFK sounds go away.... This is driving me nuts because it used to work perfectly! Grrrrr

Thanks for your patience Thomas

Lawman