FL100 speed restriction always in force

mas618

Hello guys. Not sure if this is me, a bug or a feature. Even though I delete every speed restriction in my complete flightplan (and re-check and re-delete if I do any changes), the bus will always adhere to the 250/FL100 rule in managed descent, ie I'll see the bus level off and decrease speed at FL100 even though I've deleted any restrictions prior to takeoff and again prior to TOD...

Is this hard-coded into the VNAV behaviour of your bus, a bug or something I'm not doing correctly..?

Otherwise a really beautiful product worth every penny! Thx

Mas

• 1 month later...

Hello guys. Not sure if this is me, a bug or a feature. Even though I delete every speed restriction in my complete flightplan (and re-check and re-delete if I do any changes), the bus will always adhere to the 250/FL100 rule in managed descent, ie I'll see the bus level off and decrease speed at FL100 even though I've deleted any restrictions prior to takeoff and again prior to TOD...

Is this hard-coded into the VNAV behaviour of your bus, a bug or something I'm not doing correctly..?

Same here. When I'm deleting the 250kts speed limit below 10000ft, the restriction would remain active untill actually passing 10000ft. I delete the restriction via the 'VERT REV' page in the MCDU (either 'CLB SPD LIM' and 'DES SPD LIM'). The 'SPD LIM' line in the 'F-PLN' page would disappear but the PFD is still showing the magenta speed limit of 250 kts. I was testing in AP on (managed mode) and AP off conditions.

Am I missing something here? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

post-64534-0-60830300-1421164171_thumb.j

post-64534-0-33922500-1421164186_thumb.j

post-64534-0-82304300-1421164195_thumb.j

post-64534-0-71222000-1421164204_thumb.j

post-64534-0-55411100-1421164220.jpg

post-64534-0-43511900-1421164228.jpg

To my knowledge this is not a bug, but a feature. I'll confirm it with one of our RL pilots though.

Ps.: Simply use selected speed if you want to keep your speed up. I don't get why simmers must always have everything done in managed mode...

To my knowledge this is not a bug, but a feature. I'll confirm it with one of our RL pilots though.

Good evening. Did you find out whether this is a bug or a feature? This is no big deal (as you suggested, this can be very easily bypassed by switching from managed to selected mode), I'm just being very curious about it because I'm wondering what could be the benefit of 'forcing' speed to 250 kts below 10000 ft in managed mode even if there's no restriction entered in the MCDU? Why would airbus give pilots the option to either enter or delete restrictions (I'm referring to the 'VERT REV' page) if the speedlimit is hard coded into the airplane below 10000 ft? Doesn't make any sense to me, so could anyone please shed some light on this mystery? Cheers.

Fwiw It's not a matter of having everything 'managed' but rather a question of descent planning/management. In Norway f. Ex the speed restriction below fl100 is not always in force, so having the fmc calculate TOD based on another/higher speed schedule is helpful. But I fully appreciate the scope of this product, and I just wanted to make sure it was not me doing something wrong! I truly love this product.

Archived