German PNF - Copilot voice

airbusflyer

Hey,

the PF voice is a good one and sounds very real. But the PNF sounds very unreal and not German. You already had a good one which had a nice voice (warm and friendly).

I'm not meaning things like please/thanks/... which are not necessary and not that real. But the female voice is so...though and like a comouter :/

Any chance to change it or a user can make one?

• 4 weeks later...

In the new A320 V1.20 still sounds as described. In the A319 it's fine. Where is the problem?

Also the volume is complete different between the two types (A319 - A320). I have on both volume settings around 90% for the pilots due IVAO ATC. But on the A320 it's on 90% much louder and then on 92% on A319.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also the volume is complete different between the two types (A319 - A320). I have on both volume settings around 90% for the pilots due IVAO ATC. But on the A320 it's on 90% much louder and then on 92% on A319.

Sorry we are using for both types the same files so technically it is impossible that that the volume is different. You can adjust all sound volumes using the right MCDU / OPTIONS / SOUND / VOLUME. I just checked and cannot confirm your findings if all settings are identical in both types.

• 2 weeks later...

So pick any of the other ones.

But where is the sense? I'm using the German PF and like to use the German PNF. Why should I now choose a British PNF? I guess it's your job to figure the problem out and not me to change files etc. (what would an option as I guess the pilots use the same phrases and in the A319 it's fine)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

being back from the HOLIDAYS I just checked and you are right. The GERMAN PNF in the A320/321 have not been changed. I do not know why but we will correct it with the next SP. For the time being you can copy the content from the A318/319 :

FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Sound_ASC\German_PNF

to the respective folder

FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC\German_PNF

or just use the Standard PNF because she is also a German........(but woth nearly no accent)

Regards,

Rolf

@Hanse

thank you very much. This was a helpful and friendly comment. I've done or will use the STD voice as I currently flying with British Airways.

Wish you a good new year :)

PS: I think you will not consider it but a nice thing would to use different voices for different aircrafts. Germanwings = German and British Airways = British and so on. Like on PMDG aircrafts with their specific aircraft settings. But anyway....

• Deputy Sheriffs

PS: I think you will not consider it but a nice thing would to use different voices for different aircrafts. Germanwings = German and British Airways = British and so on. Like on PMDG aircrafts with their specific aircraft settings. But anyway....

I think that the voices should not be linked to the home-country of an airline. I have been travelling by air for many years with various airlines and experienced that the cockpit crews are often multi-national. Personally I know a lot of "foreigners" flying p. e. for a big German airline. So summerizing it means that it should stay as it is because then you have the flexibility and everybody can adjust his settings to his personal taste.

Regards,

Rolf

@Rolf

of course thats true :)

Just another question: Is it possible to change the voice without quitting FSX or changing the aircraft? Or is chaning the livery enough? So that I can park the A/C and then switch from German to British or to US?

Archived