Cockpit window from outside: make green tint more prominent

bpcw001

Hi,

for my custom livery, I'd like to make the cockpit windows look more "greenish" when looking at the aircraft from the outside.

Any hints on how this could be achieved and which files would have to be adapted?

Thank you

Hi bpcw001!

The external glass colors for the A320/A321 are defined in the file: AIRBUS_EX_GLASS_C

You can easily decipher which windows are for what on the shapes already. They are either oval, round for the sideward windows or in case of the forward windows (which are important here) pretty edgy and have the largest glass area in one piece.

Identification should be so no problem. I hope you use Photoshop to paint your textures, so you can add there a green layer and play a bit with opacity and the transparency settings. I would start with "color" on the render settings there.

Copy that glass variant then to your livery, so it will be loaded on startup instead the general fallback one.

• 1 month later...

Hi, did u manage to get the windows more tinted?

Yes, I did. It works exactly as Stefan Hoffmann wrote by changing AIRBUS_EX_GLASS_C.

However, in order to adjust some reflection effects in different lighting conditions, you might also want to adjust AIRBUS_EX_GLASS_S.

Still, I've never gotten it work as good as it is in the A319 by default. Strange enough, but the A319 seems to work a bit different from the A320 in terms of model, textures etc.

Archived