Preview: Aerosoft FSx announcement, Paris 2007

Very nice, Aerosoft! I think I still have the original Paris scenery - probably in "Mum's" arric in a dusty box somewhere :lol:

Fred, your comment:

I just feel sorry for your Greek customers they are still waiting for their "old" scenery Greece and the French can nearly walk through their virtual "PARIS" is it going to be the same old story new products before updates. the scenery Paris looks fantastic but I hope you don't invest to much time on it so other scenery products will be delayed remember "SanFransisco" or "Battle helicopers".

If you are interested in Greece, here's two thoughts:

first: Look for "Hellas Scenery Project" - they have created a LOT of stuff for Greece.

second: Try FS Genesis mesh for the area and add All Roads of Europe.

There's really a lot of good Greek stuff to be found.

There's really a lot of good Greek stuff to be found.

If you think greece has poor sceneries just take a look at portugal... It took 25 years of FS development to come up with Lisbon 2007. Yes! 2007 we never had our international airport for FS properly modelled.

Ok so you might say FARO and Wonderful Madeira are nice, yes, but they represent 1/4 of air traffic in Portugal... Plus, no VFR scenery, not even landmarks or proper meshes.

There was some freeware stuff, but nothing closed to today's standards.

And ChrisB is right, THERE IS some greek stuff around.

Excellent idea!!! I´m still missing that "MS Paris Expansion Pack".

Please Math, do one fs2004 version cause I think I would not have all the upgrades for the sceneries I already have for Paris (FVR Ille de France base pack and autogen, FVR Paris aerodromes like St. Cyr and Beynes-Chavenay, Aerosoft CDG, Simudesign Orly and Le Bourget).

It would be the final touch for the existing collection while all the stuff is moving to FSX, this will take time (I can leave the missions for FSX, no problem)

Its my vote...

Congratulations.

Mario

• Aerosoft
Excellent idea!!! I´m still missing that "MS Paris Expansion Pack".

Please Math, do one fs2004 version cause I think I would not have all the upgrades for the sceneries I already have for Paris (FVR Ille de France base pack and autogen, FVR Paris aerodromes like St. Cyr and Beynes-Chavenay, Aerosoft CDG, Simudesign Orly and Le Bourget).

It would be the final touch for the existing collection while all the stuff is moving to FSX, this will take time (I can leave the missions for FSX, no problem)

Its my vote...

Congratulations.

Mario

If we can afford and FS2004 version we will do it. But it will loose serious money as the FS2004 market HAS already died to next to nothing. So it would either be a pretty expensive add-on or I would have to use PR money to do it. Either way, it is not a thing I am looking forward to, small companies that do not have to sighn deals with FNAC as we have to do now could take a bit more risk, but for us that is different. Not to speak bad about others, but to make Paris 2007 a success we really need very different sale results.

And until you tried some of the missions in FSx, don't make up your mind to fast. I have over 3000 hours logged in FS and I can not remember having had so much fun while I tried to complete the last advanced missions in FSx. They really offer a whole new experience, with option you can not even imagine now.

Thank you Mathijs, pretty clear, I understand. I thought that sceneries still can be easily made both for fs9 and fsx (as we can still find scenes fs2004 and 2k compatibles), on the other hand I cant imagine a product like the Falcon in other platform than in FSX.

You are flying FSX with DX10 or DX9?, which could be the optimal hard req. for a bundle of products like FSX + Paris2007?

Thanks for your replay.

Mario

• Aerosoft
Thank you Mathijs, pretty clear, I understand. I thought that sceneries still can be easily made both for fs9 and fsx (as we can still find scenes fs2004 and 2k compatibles), on the other hand I cant imagine a product like the Falcon in other platform than in FSX.

You are flying FSX with DX10 or DX9?, which could be the optimal hard req. for a bundle of products like FSX + Paris2007?

Thanks for your replay.

Mario

It is surely possible to create scenery that works on both sims, but it would be FS2004 scenery and would use non of the new features of FSX. Now that would be a big shame as all the cool new features would be lost. Keep in mind for the next few months that a product you see advertised as working in both sims, simply means it is a FS2004 file that 'works' in FSx, nothing more.

I fly FSx on a Vista machine with Dx9, I do not believe a beta of Dx10 is available and I written a full article hardware for FSX at http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8707

Now that would be a big shame as all the cool new features would be lost.

Which features are you talking about? The moving car traffic, improved ground texture resolution? Can you elaborate on some of the features that you keep mentioning?

advanced glare.

realistic reflectrions

advanced water dynamics (waves and all)

better shinning

improved render to texture mapping

etc.

mostly visual stuff. all DX10...

I'm not sure those are what he's talking about. Or are they Mathijs? Those don't really have a huge impact on making a scenery great or not with the exception of maybe "improved render to texture mapping."

Also why do you say "all DX10?" All that stuff works under DX9 currently. I personally think that DX10 expectations are running way too high right now. There may be some heartbroken simmers when it's released.

Thank you for answering Mathjis. Nice topic that about hardware.

I´m learning more about FSX with you than all the promotional presentations and the stuff around.

It seems that the migration will be slowly in my case, probably starting just with the FSX box and see how its going before buying new hardware, I´m pretty interested in the final efffect of DX10.

But still for me, I asume 1 year of life at least with fs2004 running simultaneosly with FSX until the hadrware would be at the stores at a good price.

Cheers

Mario

• 3 months later...

hey there just a little question :)

I'm living nearby Paris, and working at the place called La Defense. So I'va litte question as I've seen the Arche of La Defense on one of the screen , I'm curious to know if all the affair center of La Defense will be done, and well maybe the Tower of the SG that are well not more than 2 or 3 hundred meters behind it. And where I've worked for one than more year with a great view of Paris which I don't have anymore unfortunately :)

Thanks for the answer and just in case here is the picture if them http://eras.free.fr/images/SG/sg2.JPG that might help finding which building I'm talking about :D

Anyway I really hope it'll be on track for February release, I can't wait to see Paris in it's full glory ;)

• Aerosoft
hey there just a little question :)

I'm living nearby Paris, and working at the place called La Defense. So I'va litte question as I've seen the Arche of La Defense on one of the screen , I'm curious to know if all the affair center of La Defense will be done, and well maybe the Tower of the SG that are well not more than 2 or 3 hundred meters behind it. And where I've worked for one than more year with a great view of Paris which I don't have anymore unfortunately :)

Thanks for the answer and just in case here is the picture if them http://eras.free.fr/images/SG/sg2.JPG that might help finding which building I'm talking about :D

Anyway I really hope it'll be on track for February release, I can't wait to see Paris in it's full glory ;)

Next week we'll have some updated news on this release. We had some delay because of sat images (we wanted recent ones) but we got those now. and are moving forward at speed now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just read some great news on Simflight today... :)

All I can say here is thank God for FranceVFR and their new sceneries for FS9... :wink:

Aerosoft your FSX rendition looks very promising from the screenshots listed here, great job on this effort so far...