Preview: Aerosoft FSx announcement, Paris 2007

• Aerosoft

paris.jpg

It is 12 years ago Microsoft released “Microsoft Paris” for FS5. Isn’t it time somebody did a good job on this city again? We certainly thought so and early next year we’ll show you our version of this great and famous city. This product has incredible detail that you will only see when you land your helicopter (or ultralight?) in the streets to complete some of the missions that are included. In fact, we believe this new product in the 2007 line of Aerosoft come close to what Microsoft promised you on the cover of their 1994 cover. It took some time, but Aerosoft will deliver where Microsoft only promised (lol).

The product is scheduled for a release in February 2007 and will cover the whole center of Paris with all heliports in that region. It is possible that a Fs2004 version will be made available when demand is high enough. Please note the images shown now are very much work in progress, we are not yet willing to show high detail images.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Simply OUTSTANDING! Were do we get that awesome looking Eurocopter?

Nemeth Brothers EC120, in most of the good sim site libraries as limited-feature freeware, or payware with Simmarket...

Yes, but you need a BUS to use it, not a ruddy aeroplane !!! :-)))

My thoughts EXACTLY :shock: lmao But then I guess if we want things to look realistic, maybe the small details need to be there. :idea:

Besides, then we don't have to run out and buy bus simulator.

LouP 8)

COOL :shock: i wonder what the UK will be like. Ime glad they have added towns and cities into it now. Ime gonnah have some fun with this and soon as it comes out. ime off to town to get it.

Er, `they` haven't. It's an announcement of an aftermarket product for FSX. Which will be no more accurate in its towns and cities than previous versions, escept for the additional photorea; elements. Which is why products like this are needed.

And there's no reason to go dashing off to town just yet, Samuel. FSX is't released until mid-October... :wink:

I just feel sorry for your Greek customers they are still waiting for their "old" scenery Greece and the French can nearly walk through their virtual "PARIS" is it going to be the same old story new products before updates. the scenery Paris looks fantastic but I hope you don't invest to much time on it so other scenery products will be delayed remember "SanFransisco" or "Battle helicopers".

• Aerosoft
I just feel sorry for your Greek customers they are still waiting for their "old" scenery Greece and the French can nearly walk through their virtual "PARIS" is it going to be the same old story new products before updates. the scenery Paris looks fantastic but I hope you don't invest to much time on it so other scenery products will be delayed remember "SanFransisco" or "Battle helicopers".

The Greece project is not one we control, we would only distribute that one and it is done by a completely different team. SFO was a problem, we surely admit that (but also by a different team). I do not recall a product Battle Helicopters actually.

But there are currently NO projects that rely on the same manpower used to create this Paris, it is completely done by a different set of people.

..and willanyone actually be able to land a FSX helo..? MS had better do a good job updating the flight modelling of helos! Lots of building crash possibilities there!

• Aerosoft
Hi,

Looks great ! But will the scenery be compatible with FranceVFR's Flight Paris BasePack :?:

Regards

Jean-Marc

At this moment we have no idea as I have no idea about there plans for FSX. Our product covers a small area in high detail and does not come close to major airports so it should be relative easy to cut a section from one into the other. With the current flow of products it is near impossible to guarantee compatibility with other projects. I know that there are some more projects for France being considered (besides France VFR) but as long as we stay reasonable and stick to the FSX SDK's we should be fine.

However, as always, our only guaranteed compatibility will be with FSX. And compatibility demands will be most urgent from the boxed distributors so we got to listen to them. We just signed a few major deals for distribution in France and hired a Alejandro to handle our affairs in France (and Spain btw), so you understand this is a very important market for us.

Thanks for a quick answer. :D

Meanwhile, I noticed you did delete a bunch of posts on your french language forum. As far as I understood, those posts, related to your Paris scenery, were issued today by France VFR. To my eyes, such a behaviour is unfair. :evil:

• Aerosoft
Thanks for a quick answer. :D

Meanwhile, I noticed you did delete a bunch of posts on your french language forum. As far as I understood, those posts, related to your Paris scenery, were issued today by France VFR. To my eyes, such a behaviour is unfair. :evil:

Yes. I did delete two messages (and one of mine). However I do not believe it was unfair as we were accused in the first message. I responded and made it clear the issue was not a topic of discussion on our forums. The poster however insisted and posted again, I decided to remove both posts. These are our forums, we pay for then and the people who post here are our guests, we expect them to behave and to follow our guidelines.

"Battle Helicopters actually" Sorry mathjis that was the sea hawk I know it was a great project to be proud of as a developer every rivit on a ship and the software details are so good that the US military used it. I know you at Aerosoft are not responceable for scenery Greece. It's just me the first two scenerys I would of liked for FS9 were German airports 2 the area I live in and Scenery Greece as I like flying to the Greek Islands maybe you can understand my frustration at times. Just look out of your office window you can see Paderborn Airport (OK maybe the parking lots) but you don't even have your homebase as software thats the only critic I have on Aerosoft. OK just one small question for a new version GAP4 are you going to include the "new terminal" at Baden Airport?.

• Aerosoft
..and willanyone actually be able to land a FSX helo..? MS had better do a good job updating the flight modelling of helos! Lots of building crash possibilities there!

Contrary to popular believe there ARE changes in the flight models. Helicopters are far easier to fly now

Darn,Darn,Darn...I can see I'm going to need help with my house payments next year, and foods going to be out of the question, what with a new computor, operating system, FSX, and all these wonderful new products, not to mention, a whole fleet of aircraft to update. WOW! :shock: :D