Error: Model failed to start up (A318-A321)

Grandpa11

Hi,

after installing some new liveries (simtexture only) with the livery manager I get always the depicted error-mesage when I try to choose this plane for flying. What can be the reason for that? Thank you very much.

Peter

post-75981-0-76661100-1416328939_thumb.j

Hi Otto,

Thank you for your answer. As I wrote, all these liveries are from Holgi (simtexture.de), installed with the AS LiveryManager.

Regards

Peter

Did you verify that the liveries are for the Airbus A320/A321 version you have installed? Airbus X Extended liveries may not work with the new version as they are completely different models.

An advanced solution would be to check the appropriate aircraft.cfg file and make sure that the model names in all the [FLTSIM.X] entries are valid i.e. there is a .air file in the same folder whose name exactly matches each "model=" entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Correct any mismatches by changing the name IN THE AIRCRAFT.CFG FILE ONLY; DO NOT RENAME ANY FILES IN THE DIRECTORY!!!!

Ran into this issue myself...here is how I fixed it:

Not sure why it happens, but one of Hogi's paints (that I've found so far)...the "Neo" is somehow appending an S to the Sim=A320 line.

Also, the Model line was in fact missing the Sharklet parameter. (I did install it using the Aerosoft livery installer, and I did not have the previous version)

Maybe they were testing a separate .air file to model the neo's new parameters, but decided against it in the final version. Anyway...the solution is simple....

1. Go into your aircraft.cfg file of the model that is giving you the error.
  2. Look for any sim=A320S entries in the file.
  3. if you find one, just delete the s and all should be OK.
  4. Finally, add "SHARKLET" to the model line (if its in fact a SHARKLET model)

Here is one of Hogi's paints (TAP A320 Neo) that added the "s" to the file and was missing SHARKLET:

[FLTSIM.17]
title = Airbus A320 NEO TAP Portugal CS-TMW
sim = A320S <<<<<<<<<<<Delete the S
model = SHARKLET <<<<<<<< Add this line if the model is a SHARKLET
panel =
sound =
texture = TAPNeo
kb_checklists = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id = CS-TMW
atc_airline = AIR PORTUGAL
atc_flight_number =
ui_manufacturer = Airbus
ui_type = A320-214 CFM Sharklets
ui_variation = TAP Portugal
ui_typerole = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types = GATE
Regards,
Steve Dra

Hi stevedra,

thats the best tipp I ´ve ever got. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Peter

My pleasure Peter.

I was puzzled myself as to why it was happening, but I've been painting and config'ing in flightsim for years, and knew it had to be in the .cfg file somewhere.

I'm really enjoying the Aerosoft Bus...I wasn't sure if anything could pull me away from the 777 I've been flying exclusively since she came out, but I've always wanted to learn to fly the bus, and figured it was time. :)

Enjoy your flights!

Steve Dra

Archived