What can I do if Holgi's Livery is not working?

Holgi

Hi Holgi !

I have now try to install Airbus X livery and Airbus X Extended livery nothing is working..

I have try to do your steps whit changing FSX.cfg...I try what you recommended but stil not working...I get black pictures or the half of the plane is grey and the front is normal...

Are the Airbus X Extended version plane extually working for the brand new Airbus A320/A321 V.2 ??

I hope this problem can bee fix...Maby is because of the new Airbus V.2 version, because the livery from the Airbus X Extended work before the latest version on Airbus V.2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Holgi !

I have now try to install Airbus X livery and Airbus X Extended livery nothing is working..

I have try to do your steps whit changing FSX.cfg...I try what you recommended but stil not working...I get black pictures or the half of the plane is grey and the front is normal...

Are the Airbus X Extended version plane extually working for the brand new Airbus A320/A321 V.2 ??

I hope this problem can bee fix...Maby is because of the new Airbus V.2 version, because the livery from the Airbus X Extended work before the latest version on Airbus V.2

Give me a sample ...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Holgi !

Man I need help..

I'm a total beginner, not familiarized with the directory structure and files locations...

Running Prepar3d V2.5

Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 is my first 3rd part aircraft/model I'm trying to install.

All models that come pre-installed show correctly in Prepar3d.

Tried to install some liveries...

Download the zip file from http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2364-airbus-a321-iae-tam-pt-mxi/

Used the Livery Manager/Add Livery, selected the zip file, Livery Manager recognizes the livery, gives option to clean or dirt.

Every thing seems OK but When I go to Prepar3d the livery does not appear on the vehicle selection menu...

When I check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A321 IAE directory there are Texture directories to each model, however, I cannot find any Texture directory for the new livery I tried to install...

When I go back to Livery Manager the livery is installed with all the options for backup/uninstall availables...

Tried to uninstall and re-install.

No effect.

The same thing repeats to every livery I tried to install.

I didn't tried manual installation because it seems intimidating...

Am I missing something?

Does Prepar3d requires any additional step?

Thanks in advance,

JC

Hallo Holgi !

same with me. After installation your livery with the Livery-Manger http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2394-airbus-x-a320-germanwings-d-aipz/ under Version SP 3 Hotfix C, the directory structure and files locations of your livery seems to be o.k. But it does not appear on the vehicle selection menu in FSX. I guess there is still a big error inside the Livery Manager :byesad_s:

Regards Nick

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hallo Holgi !

same with me. After installation your livery with the Livery-Manger http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2394-airbus-x-a320-germanwings-d-aipz/ under Version SP 3 Hotfix C, the directory structure and files locations of your livery seems to be o.k. But it does not appear on the vehicle selection menu in FSX. I guess there is still a big error inside the Livery Manager :byesad_s:

Regards Nick

Hello Nick,

pleas try this livery manager!

Hallo Holgi !

Regards Nick

The same exact problem happens to me. All installed ok with the Livery Manager coming with the package, all folders created but when I log into FSX Steam the aircraft does not appear at the menu.

Hello Nick,

I also download this new livery manager and when trying to install the same liveries as preciously it gives me an error message: This livery cannot be installed.

Any hints?

Hello Nick,

Hallo Holgi,

thx for your quick answer. I installed the livery manager from your reference. First impression was that it´s working fine but the result is the same: The livery is installed a the right place but it still doesn´t appears on the vehicle selection menu in FSX. What´s goeing wrong with SP3? Using the old Service Pack everything is o.k.. No probs with the liveries. :help_s:

Regards

Nick

Just to let you guys know that now Livery Manager is working for me.

Nice for you ... but absolutly not nice for all other guys here, where the "new Livery Manager" is not working fine. Holgi !!! We need an answer because of the still exisiting problem with your Liveries !

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nice for you ... but absolutly not nice for all other guys here, where the "new Livery Manager" is not working fine. Holgi !!! We need an answer because of the still exisiting problem with your Liveries !

Ok, please give me more information:

- Installationpath from your FSX

- Downloadlink from your Livery

Ok, please give me more information:

- Installationpath from your FSX

- Downloadlink from your Livery

Hallo Holgi,

thank you that you try to help us:

Downloadlink is:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2394-airbus-x-a320-germanwings-d-aipz/

Installationpath of FSX on my Computer is:

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Regards

Nick

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hallo Holgi,

thank you that you try to help us:

Downloadlink is:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2394-airbus-x-a320-germanwings-d-aipz/

Installationpath of FSX on my Computer is:

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Regards

Nick

Hello Nick,

please check this LiveryManager again!

1. download

2. grate a new folder (\LiveryManager)

3. unzip all files into it

4. start Livery_Manager_A320_A321.exe

5. insert your FSX path when asked

6. download your paint

7. open your zip - file with your manager

Hello Nick,

please check this LiveryManager again!

1. download

2. grate a new folder (\LiveryManager)

3. unzip all files into it

4. start Livery_Manager_A320_A321.exe

5. insert your FSX path when asked

6. download your paint

7. open your zip - file with your manager

Hallo Holgi, thx for your answer. I followed your instructions exectly ... but no success. In the Livery Manager, where all installed Livery are listed, the new Livery is visible. When I start the FSX ... no chance. I can´t choose it there. But the standard Liveries from Aerosoft are still visible there.

Regards Nick

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hallo Holgi, thx for your answer. I followed your instructions exectly ... but no success. In the Livery Manager, where all installed Livery are listed, the new Livery is visible. When I start the FSX ... no chance. I can´t choose it there. But the standard Liveries from Aerosoft are still visible there.

Regards Nick

Do you use the steam edition?

• 3 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Holgi

Any aircraft are fitted to the same problem I do not know what reason, please help me sir

help me plz

Please login to display this image.

Please use this LiveryManager!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

The second way is to copy a texture.cfg from a working airbus, same model and enginetype into your not working texture folder!

in English you are an artists, not a painter! an artist creates unique art work! a painter paint houses!

I don't know, Chris. ;)  See the Merriam-Webster definition of a painter:

Definition of PAINTER

:  one that paints: as

a :  an artist who paints
b :  one who applies paint especially as an occupation

Of course in these categories Holgi is the 'a' case.
A reason why I prefer the term 'repainter', though it's the 'texture artist' that seems to sound most rewarding.

im not arguing with MW, but here when you need your house painted you call a painter; he will usually apply a single color paint over your house,

when you need a picture drawn; you call an artist who uses multiple colors, depth, shadows, and other techniques; hence the art form of painting ;)

(there is an implied complexity when useing artist vs. painter)

• 1 month later...

Archived