What can I do if Holgi's Livery is not working?

Holgi

• Deputy Sheriffs

First of all,

sorry if you have this problem ...

... and now I will help you regardless of your "anger"! ;)

The great thing is that these textures are going to install for all aerosoft Airbus versions!

- AIRBUS X
- AIRBUS X EXTENDED

And now also for the brand new Airbus Series Version, but you must still consider anything!

(At least as long as the Installer do not have this option!)

1. first, you can use the installer (He helps us to plant the aircraft.cfg and the textures.)

2. now you copy manually the texture - folder again (if you have the choice, choose clean or dirt)

3. please overwrite the files when asked!

4. copy the folowing 6 files from the "Update AirbusX Extended" folder into the new texture folder

- AIRBUS_EX320_STABIS_L.dds
- airbus_vc_enviromap.dds
- AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_C.dds
- AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_L.dds
- texture.cfg
- thumbnail.jpg

5. please overwrite the files when asked again!

6. the last and most important step is the right texture.cfg

you can take this file from a working Airbus of the same type (copy and overwrite)

this means if you are install an A320 IAE you copy the texture.cfg from a working A320 IAE

if you are install an A321 CFM you copy the texture.cfg from a working A321 CFM ...

Note still following:

If you get an error message when you use the Sharklet versions then change this in the aircraft.cfg.

As an example, the A320!

old AIRBUS (fault Version):
sim = A320S
model =
new AIRBUS:
sim = A320
model = SHARKLET

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

2. now you copy manually the texture - folder again (if you have the choice, choose clean or dirt)

From where can i copy the folder?

From your ZIP-File ....

... or better tell me what Livery you want to install. (downloadlink from our downloadarea!)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I try to install the Finnair A321 NEO version but this didn't work. Anyone here know how to fix this problem ?

I think you forgot this part to change in your aircraft.cfg?!

old AIRBUS aircraft.cfg:

sim = A321S

model =

... pleas change to ...

new AIRBUS aircraft.cfg:

sim = A321

model = SHARKLET

Hi all

Holgi please correct me if I am wrong but I think from the 1st AIRBUS version, some textures have to be removed from the texture folder, I mean from an old repaint for the 1st AIRBUS version, if you make the appropriate changes to work with 2nd version, there are some textures inside that they are not needed anymore.

Can you please confirm if I am right with this one, I didn't make any any repaint at all for the AIRBUSes but I have observed this by comparing repaint texture folders.

Thanks

PS : If this is right can you add a section at your 1st post to describe which have to be removed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi all

Holgi please correct me if I am wrong but I think from the 1st AIRBUS version, some textures have to be removed from the texture folder, I mean from an old repaint for the 1st AIRBUS version, if you make the appropriate changes to work with 2nd version, there are some textures inside that they are not needed anymore.

Can you please confirm if I am right with this one, I didn't make any any repaint at all for the AIRBUSes but I have observed this by comparing repaint texture folders.

Thanks

PS : If this is right can you add a section at your 1st post to describe which have to be removed.

I confirm and it's correct, but try this step by step post and you have no problems with my textures!

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88415-what-can-i-do-if-holgis-livery-is-not-working/?p=633132

... please try it! ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Great

No, I don't have any problems installing the repaints, just wanted to know for saving some space and maybe will be useful from the other guys too.

Thanks for support

Ah ok, but please compare the textures with one from your standard installation before you delete one of them!

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot get the Delta A320 repaint to work for the life of me. I just upgraded to V 1.21 today, and the A319 repaint came out great. However, the A320 will not install using the livery manager, and upon doing it manually; the repaint worked but the cockpit is completely black as well as the windows. The aircraft also shows on the FSX main screen as If its completely dark.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Cannot get the Delta A320 repaint to work for the life of me. I just upgraded to V 1.21 today, and the A319 repaint came out great. However, the A320 will not install using the livery manager, and upon doing it manually; the repaint worked but the cockpit is completely black as well as the windows. The aircraft also shows on the FSX main screen as If its completely dark.

Please follow this steps ....

• Deputy Sheriffs

tried those steps multiple times, and it works. However, the cockpit and cabin are still black

I think you forgot the update textures! Look insid my zip-files you found folders for clean and dirt and one update folder. This folder has the correct textures!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I don't understand how to install. So I just uninstalled the AXE, do I need to reinstall it or can I just download a paint and replace the files?

Cedar makes a video ...

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88488-another-problem-with-the-texturelivery/?p=649144

Please check this!

Hi Holgi,

1. Where can I find the : "Update AirbusX Extended" folder?

2. Can you further explani step 6, as it is not clear to me.

Thank you for all your great work.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You found this folder only by the old liverys.

All others, made by myself, are working with the Livery Manager.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running into the following problem when installing some of the older liveries into the latest Airbus version: For example, I've installed Turkish 321 IAE NEO using the recommended procedure, but upon loading the livery the body of the airplane is of a darker color than the tail and cockpit area. In white colored airplanes the fuselage, between the cockpit and tail area, turns out as dark grey.

Help with correcting this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm running into the following problem when installing some of the older liveries into the latest Airbus version: For example, I've installed Turkish 321 IAE NEO using the recommended procedure, but upon loading the livery the body of the airplane is of a darker color than the tail and cockpit area. In white colored airplanes the fuselage, between the cockpit and tail area, turns out as dark grey.

Help with correcting this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Don't forget this!

Note still following:

If you get an error message when you use the Sharklet versions then change this in the aircraft.cfg.

As an example, the A320!

old AIRBUS (fault Version):

sim = A320S

model =

new AIRBUS:

sim = A320

model = SHARKLET

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I have done as you suggest above for NEO versions, however I got the same problem with your A321 CFM Air France F-GMZB 1.0 from May 2013. Sorry, I should have also mentioned this in my original request.

I did install the config. fix that Aerosoft suggested for the older liveries, but still got the problem of the fuselage color.

Thanks again for any guidance.

Archived