If your checklist does not run as expected

• Aerosoft

I just went over all the posts in this section and though we had a few issues (all should be solved with the updates that will be released soon) most posts are about interruptions of the checklists. Perhaps it is good to explain a little on that.

See, the checklists modules are based on the Airbus Logic (or lack thereof) so the flight is cut into phases (read vol 8 of the manuals about that). Just like the Airbus systems wait for a trigger event to go the next phase the checklist will do as well. Inside each phase there are many different steps and each one has a trigger event. So if the checklist calls for a light to be switched on it will halt there until the light is on. There is very little room for variation there. The light is on or off and when that step of the checklist is not completed it can not continue to the next step.

Now checklists vary from airline to airline and country to country. So it could be that what you are used to is different from how our checklists work. We based our checklist mainly on those run by airlines like KLM, Lufthansa, BA etc. They are very similar.

So when you get stuck, try to figure out what the system is waiting for, don't start to click and point to all kinds of controls to see if it perhaps might be that one. Above anything else, even if you are experienced bus driver, at least run the step-by-step flight on time so you know what our bus expects of it's bus driver. The checklists we included are a remarkable powerful option that makes your flight easier, safer and more realistic. After all, this is a machine flown by two highly trained professionals. Take the help it offers, use it to lower your workload so you stay ahead of the aircraft at all times.

• Aerosoft

but sir, some times i get stuck with the checklist , however there is no indication of what the bus is asking me to do so it can go for the next phase

Try the Step by Step flight as the manual will assist you there for EVERY step.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mathijs:

I have noticed sometimes, the checklist get stuck in a step you have no control... for example, after you have landed and the checklist text says "leave runways" (or something similar), and still it get stuck, even when you get the parking and stopped the plane (fully off, or just connected to the ground or APU).

Of course, after that, if you want to fly again... you must restart the Simulator.

Thanks,

Jose
Tenerife, Spain.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jose,

• If you experience similar problems again e. g. the CL got stuck at a certain point after landing then please tell us the exact airport as well as the runway and parking position so that we are able to reproduce.
  • If you are stuck there is also the option in the CL menu "SKIP ITEM" ..... so you can proceed to the next CL item if for any reason the previous cannot be fulfilled.
  • You do not have to restart the simulator just load the TURNAROUND aircraft state......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf:

Thanks for your reply.

Just Yesterday I have flown with Airbus A321, and landing in GCRR - Lanzarote runway 03, parking number 6, with the default FSX scenery.

And in the Checklist, after landing and with the text "Leave Runway", it not appear the "Skip Item".... Just the text blinking "leave runway"...

Ohh Sorry... i Never used that option of Turnaround... I will check..

Thanks,.,,

Hi Rolf:

I noticed i have installed the free Canarysim scenery mesh, but not include the airports, and the runways or buldings.... just the montains, and all around the islands...(altitude montains) but the airports are the FSX default.

I think this addon scenery is not wrong, cause I have landed in GCXO (Tenerife Norte), and the checklist works perfectly, and of course, the airport Tenerife Norte also are integrated into Canarysim.

Thanks in advance....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jose,

just did a landing at GCRR ILS RWY03 and left the runway using the taxi way at the end of the runway. No problem at all e.g. when I left the runway the message disappeared and shortly after that the AFTER LANDING CL started. I used no add-on scenery or airport just FSX basics........

Regards,

Rolf

Sometimes the message bar keeps displaying 'Follow AES instructions' even though the pushback is already completed. What helps then is disabling the checklist via the mcdu and activate it again.

HI Rolf:

Yesterday, I repeated the Flight from Tenerife Norte to Lanzarote (GCXO-GCRR), and all worked fine.

Well, just with one difference, I did it disconnected from Ivao, but I think this is not a point that supposed a great difference and made that the Checklist has worked in a different way ...

Although, I must say, this problem of getting stuck in that point "leave runway", has happened to me other times, even in airports that I have used the airbuses and the checklist has worked fine till the end... so I suppose my computer could have some particular configuration problem...

Well, if it happens other time, I will get some pictures, just in case Aerosoft considered it will be a issue with the Airbus.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

After a period of trouble free operations I now find I cannot use the A320.

Using Checklist "On" and Copilot "On" I cannot get past the selection of "*Start Push" or "Start" and cannot find a way of advancing to taxi.

Push Back takes place but will not complete, the option "Start" continues to be illuminated and the aircraft will not respond to power advance.

In fact when I try to make a small increase in power the engine races on in steps to max revs but the aircraft doesn't move.

I cannot turn Checklist off and so the flight cannot progress at all. Advancing Aircraft State to "Taxi" or "Take-Off" makes no difference, nor does starting at different airports.

I've uninstalled and re-installed but still have an unusable aircraft.

Any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
  1. What kind of pushback function you are using e. g. are you using AES (setting the function AES PUSH in the right MCDU / OPTION / CHECKLIST to YES) or the builtin function - then set it to NO?
  2. You have to make a selection between a START with PUSHBACK or START without. This you can do using the right MCDU or the Keyboard using 1 or 2 (please see text on the INFOBAR). Please make sure that those keys are not used by other programs like EZDOK.

The whole function is also explained in detail in the Vol6 StepbyStep tutorial.

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf,

Thanks for the response.

1. No AES PUSH and right MCDU/OPTION/CHECKLIST set to NO

2. Keyboard 1 and 2 operating ok.

I've now switched aircraft from A320 British Airways G-EUUU to A320 NEO Lufthansa and completed flights without any issues!

Re-loading the BA version still gives all of the previously mentioned problems.

I'm running P3D v2 by the way, I should have said so in my original post, if this is significant please accept my apologies.

Regards,

Barry

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Barry,

the difference between those two version is that LH is a CFM and BA is the 320 IAE version 3e.g. complete different folders in the aircraft folder. Try some other 320 CFM and IAE versions as well as do the same for the A321 versions If the problem is the same. For me it seems that there is an installation problem - I do not know if this is might be related to P3D v2.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

I've now checked other A320 models and the problem is consistent with the IAE version. CFM types work ok.

The problem seems to be linked to the engine start procedure, N2% doesn't show. I now think my original suspicion regarding the PUSH sequence being at fault was incorrect. It just happens that engine start was concurrent with PUSH and it seems that because the engines weren't completing START, PUSH never got completed. I had done a re-install before I contacted you so for the time being I'm going to use only the CFM models and will remain suspicious about a possible P3D issue.

Thank you for your attention,

Regards,

Barry

• 1 month later...

My Checklist always stugs at the Item APU Bleed ON. No response activating this button manually. Continue reading the Checklist only possible using the tool SKIP ITEM

All Airbus Types 318/319 and 320/321 are concerned.

Mike Oskar

Hi Mike Oskar,

starting the APU needs some time (as in RL). So please wait and have a look at the UPPER ECAM APU page and you can see how the APU is running up......

Regards,

Rolf

Archived