Framerate issues, revisited again

I ran windows defender through the system and everything seems to be in order. Are there any known programs that conflict with the bus?

Thanks and it is an honor to write the 200th reply to this topic,

Tom

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I think I've fixed it by uninstalling FSX and Installing it clean, not sure what the issue was but I think it was my lack of patience. Now I can continue flying this stunning aircraft and eagerly look forward to the imminent release of the A330.

Thanks for all help given,

Tom

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with FPS running A320. Just have brand new installation of FSX SteamEdition and A320 add-on (from steam). FSX runnig smooth right out of the box and with some free aircrafts from the net. But if I select Aerosoft A320, FPS extremely drops to 1 frame per 8-14 seconds. Tried to reinstall both FSX and add-on, but nothing happend.

Have not ideas how to fix it... May be anyone know?

3 minutes ago, Doublehead said:

Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with FPS running A320. Just have brand new installation of FSX SteamEdition and A320 add-on (from steam). FSX runnig smooth right out of the box and with some free aircrafts from the net. But if I select Aerosoft A320, FPS extremely drops to 1 frame per 8-14 seconds. Tried to reinstall both FSX and add-on, but nothing happend.

Have not ideas how to fix it... May be anyone know?

Can you please provide your complete system specifications?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Can you please provide your complete system specifications?

Thanks.

Core i5-2400 3GHz, 8GB Ram, NVidia GTX650, Windows 2008 x64

PS: I had FSX and A320 addon some years ago on this PC and it was very good (PC was switched off for years :) ). But I my son brings his licenses back and I cant use it here now.

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Can you also please post the following file here:

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\AB_ND_GDI.log

Here is only 2 strings

--------------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\

3 minutes ago, Doublehead said:

Core i5-2400 3GHz, 8GB Ram, NVidia GTX650, Windows 2008 x64

PS: I had FSX and A320 addon some years ago on this PC and it was very good (PC was switched off for years :) ). But I my son brings his licenses back and I cant use it here now.

The news isn't good.  Your computer specifications is the very minimal capable of running the Aerosoft A320, so as you have found those minimal specifications produce minimal results.  You'll need to get your frame rates above 18fps for the aircraft to really function well, and the only way you may be able to do this is to reduce your FSX graphics settings and fly from airports that use default textures without any payware AI Aircraft. Additionally, your computer only has 6GB of RAM, so I would be sure to avoid running any other software while you're running FSX - that should help a bit.  If you have any graphics tweaks or Affinity Mask settings, I would remove them.

Doing the above, you should be able to sustain 18fps or better.

Best wishes.

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The news isn't good. 

Heh... Just do not expect new A320 is so resource greedy. Old version of A320 worked fine on this PC...

Tried to set minimum settings - and nothing changes. 1 frame per 10 seconds.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please exit the simulator, open the Airbus Configurator and enable all debug/log options. 

Afterwards restart the sim and load the Airbus again. 

Wait a minute, exit the simulator again and post the above mentioned file again.

30 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please exit the simulator, open the Airbus Configurator and enable all debug/log options. 

Tom - you're a wizard :)

Problem was in the configs. By default, after fresh installation, there was not any A320 related ini files.( in the C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\ directory I mean). I beleve it was because I have cyrillic letters in the username.

Configurator said no SharedConfig.ini found etc. I have copied all these files from x:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\500201\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\ and now IT WORKED fine :) FPS is good for me, around 25-35 on the ground!

Thank you alot!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's the same in my FSX-SE. Since the Aerosoft Airbus X and the new A318/319 my fps are really bad. But I have a lot of Addons inside, really much. GSX, EzDok v2, AS16, ATC-Pro X, UTLive, FTX Global and openLC and a lot of airports and a lot of aircraft. Usually I fly from EDDM or EDDH (taxi2gate addon and justsim). At these airports and at all the other addon-airports I have only 13-17 fps. Ok, then I deleted my fsx.cfg file. And again, bad fps. Then with tweak, so I maybe got 2-3 fps more. Very bad.

Then I made a test flight with the Ultralight in Friday Harbour.. 150 FPS!!!!! So my FSX is not the fault. Then I tested it with the project airbus in EDDH and EDDM. 30-40 fps!

So, Now I overclocked my CPU (AMD FX 8350 from 4,2 to 4,7 Ghz). Made now nearby ten flights with the airbus X at daylight with the same weather. In 2 flights there have been 21-28 fps. This is wonderful. But in 8 flights the fps droped down to 15-18 fps. That is too bad and not acceptable. Now I dont know, why the fps sometimes drop, sometimes not. The CPU is conctantly at 4,7 Ghz. SO what is the problem sometimes? Please help. I really need every frame per second!

My system:

AMD FX 8350 with 4,2 Ghz (OC 4,7Ghz)

Nvidia GeForce 1050

8 GB RAMs

Win10 :beatcomputer_s:

• 1 year later...

Hi. I have purchased the A318/A319 addon via Steam Store and the frame rates are almost non-existent to the point where I can't even do anything. However the A320/A321 version works absolutely fine with high frame rates. The latter was not purchased on Steam. Is this a Steam issue?

Thanks

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

The news isn't good.  Your computer specifications is the very minimal capable of running the Aerosoft A320, so as you have found those minimal specifications produce minimal results.  You'll need to get your frame rates above 18fps for the aircraft to really function well, and the only way you may be able to do this is to reduce your FSX graphics settings and fly from airports that use default textures without any payware AI Aircraft. Additionally, your computer only has 6GB of RAM, so I would be sure to avoid running any other software while you're running FSX - that should help a bit.  If you have any graphics tweaks or Affinity Mask settings, I would remove them.

Doing the above, you should be able to sustain 18fps or better.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

I was just reading your post from January of 2018 regarding the extremely low frame rate. Anyway, I just upgrade my P3D to version 4.5 and reinstalling all my addons. I've have the Airbus 318 through the 321, and had this Airbus installed in the past, but I don't recall having this type of issue with slow frame rates. I first installed the Airbus 318 and 319, and the I did not notice any jerkiness or slow frame rate. But after I installed the Airbus 320 and 321, that's when I noticed it. My frame rate averages around 10 fps and everything to too jerky. I thought I would leave you my computer information so that you can find out if that's the problem, so here they are:

Windows 7 Home Edition, 64 bit

Processor: Intel i5 processor 2310 cpu 2.9Ghz.

Installed Memory: 8Gb

Video Graphics Card: Nvidia GForce GTX-960, total memory 4,095 Mb.

Ken.

11 hours ago, kmanning said:

I was just reading your post from January of 2018

I can't remember anything I did yesterday, let alone a post almost a year ago....  LOL!  Do you have a link?

11 hours ago, kmanning said:

I first installed the Airbus 318 and 319, and the I did not notice any jerkiness or slow frame rate. But after I installed the Airbus 320 and 321, that's when I noticed it.

We have seen two people report this.  Of course all the staff and thousands of people have both the Airbus Pro products installed (plus most have the A330) and they haven't experienced this issue, and none of the files are shared operationally except the Fuel Planner, Flight Plans, and Company Route Planner so it's difficult to know where to start with this.

Just a couple of questions. 

1. Where did you install the two Airbus products? 

2. Did you disable computer security and then run the installer as Admin?

3. Are you 100% sure any previous version of the Airbus Pro was uninstalled and any remaining files/folders were removed, and you rebooted before reinstalling the Airbus Pro?

4. Are you 100% positive that both Airbus products are the same version / revision? 

Archived