Framerate issues, revisited again

How is your Power Options settings in windows? Set it to high performance as I found Bitdefender as ex. as I just tested that program set it to Power saver. perhaps this could help eliminate the stutters, if thats the situation on your PC.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Is your windows indexing in background?

Try to disable indexing service (restart) and check again.

As Mathijs said, too many variables.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Vasily, could you post the exact link to the so called Aerosoft statement about the A320/321 "problem not being a big concern"? If you can not find this then I would suggest you edit it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Vasily,

you refer to a post before yours. I actually don't see the connection ...

As a direct response to the several items in your post you were asked not to mix up items in this topic but to open own topics for them. This is still the case, so please follow that advice.

Dear Frank;

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94004-file-ecam-d2dlogini-not-found-in-cusers/ post #24, there is also another one that I'm currently looking for. I will post it here as soon as possible.

Dear Tom;

The post that I have referred to (post 132) said that if I am getting horrible performance (I was), but thousands of others are not then the issue is most likely with my/his/hers system. May I remind you that before fixing the Config, I was getting VERY BAD performance with the Bus. After installing the MISSSING file and being able to disable the ECAM, my performance got much better and is now working great!

Sorry, but the title of this topic is FPS issues, and my FPS issues WERE CAUSED by the Airbus Software, not by my system. If this is not the right place to post comments about performance and FPS, would you then please direct me to the appropriate forum topic.

Many Thanks,

V.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dear Vasily,

Mathijs stated in his post (132), that if frames go down to 1 (he was referring to a post where this was said) then this can hardly be a problem of the bus, if it works for lots and lots of others. The reason for that must be somewhere on the machine. Even a very strong machine can go down on FPS if add ons start to negatively interfere with each other.

For example: when the A318/9 where first time released along with the new WXR it turned out that for some user ASN gave horrible FPS while for others everything was fine with ASN. So, who is to be blamed here? Aerosoft? ASN?

What I try to say is, that the answer to your FPS problem is most likely on your machine, and that can't be analysed from the distance (i.e. here in the forum). There simply isn't an answer like "hey, you have problems with FPS, just switch button x from on to off and everything will be fine".

Could you please reflect on post #134, especially the third paragraph. Many thanks.

From the formatting I would guess that's the WXR part, right?

But that does not suit into this topic.

Dear Tom;

Thank you for your answer. No, WRX is paragraph four :) Which, in your case you are right, the problems that are addressed in it, do not really relate to FPS (but who knows?, If a small file somewhere in my system could cause a problem with the performance of the Bus, then its only logical to think that a bug in the Aerosoft could also lead to FPS loss, for example: WRX, Doors not working, throttle jumping...etc ) But I know nothing about programming and software engineering. As you said, those issues don't really belong here.

Please let me be clear, In my original post (#134) Im asking the following:

1) Why isn't there a read me file in the Airbus A320/1 about a file missing regarding the Airbus Config?

2) When I originally posted here (Page three, post#89) stating that I have just purchased the Airbus A320-1 and my FPS was very low, why did I get a response 'And you have read the comments about that?". Instead of being offered a possible solution since the person writing that did know about a missing file with the A320/1. Something along those lines :'I see that you only have A320-1, did you download the missing file from......? If not, please download it and try Disabling ECAM in the Airbus Congif Manager'

3) FACT: The problem on my system was caused DIRECTLY by Aerosoft software, not by anything else. After downloading the missing file and being able to start the config manager, and disabling ecam option, I did not experience any performance loss. So the question is: Was it my system or the Airbus program?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

V.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Vasily,

1) if at the time the setup has been made and the read me file been written it has been already known that a file is missing, the file would have course been added to the setup. That's what this forum is for: to document problems and provide solutions that can quickly be found by using the search function or Google.

2) Do you really think that from your first post anyone would have been able to pin point the reason for your problem immediately down? We have a saying here in Germany: "afterwards you are always more clever". There could have been a thousand reasons for your low FPS. And Mathijs just asked if you have read the topic to that point to be able to exclude already a few of them (assuming you would have tried already the weather background scan config). At some point one needs to get started to search for the solution, and this point is not always the closest possible one to a problem.

3) In this case it was the bus, i.e. the installer and the config. But that's not necessarily always the case. As I said, there could be tons of different reasons, some related to the bus, some related to other add ons, some related to the hardware, and some are even just mystic and obviously related to sun wind or what ever.

Vasily, please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to keep the fault away from Aerosoft. I just try to say that in a complex environment it is nearly impossible to give the finally correct answer already immediately after getting a problem report like yours. One has to start circling around the problem, exclude things step by step to finally pin the problem down.

This message has been edited by jrotaetxe.

Reason 1: This is an English forum. If you have something to say, say in English

Reason 2. Matters thar are "nominative" (in this case, Mathijs) can be perfectly solved by PM

Reason 3 It is a clear off-topic.

Please, consider your attitude. Think you can do it much better.

jrotaetxe

Staff Moderator

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would like to refer to the reported stutters every 2-3 seconds.

I just read about a similar problem in the X-Planes forums where they came up with the following advice:

• Disable the "Threaded Optimization" within the Nvidia Control Panel

If someone here who suffers from the problem could please give it a try and report back?

Thanks!

Reading through this post, and testing my own sim, it is very clear that the majority of FPS issues are linked directly to either the Weather Radar or an old/ weak computer, if not both. For me it is the weather radar.

In the next hotfix, or maybe just create a download, could we get a ND gauge that has no weather radar in it at all? None of this .ini tweak stuff (which has since stopped working for me for some reason), just an actual gauge as an alternative for people who have issues or do not want the weather radar? I think that could help with a lot of the FPS complaints, imo.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the weather radar .ini tweak doesn't work when it is set to 0, but strangely works ok when set to 1.

why not make an option of using this weather radar or the asn weathe rader? I also have bad frames when the weather radar is on

very good idea but hardly feasible with aerosoft.

Sabre.

well if you are a Activesky user and tryeid the option by to turn off the weather radar (edit the numbers as told) but still have problems. Do a test where ASN is not running and here comes the importan thing I found for some reason affected my system even ASN was off, but is related to 2 files ASN create in order to run. Inside your hidde folder where the FSX.cfg file is located there is only a file by the name dll.xml and exe.xml (often you just se the name as dll and exe) first make a safety backup of both files in another location.

After you got backups first delt the exe.xml as it´s generated by ASN only if you have goflight stuff that use the same file you need to run the goflight softaware afterwards to make sure it´s running corect it´s better than manualy edit. now open the dll.xml by wordpad or such text editor and edit the content of activesky just look at the names and look at the structure of the file to se how much you need to remove, it´s not that difficult as it might sound. or you could for this test just delt dll.xml as well just remember it is for test only as many add-ons use the dll.xml and remember the airbus is 1 of them but can run the test perfectly whit out that file it refers to by the airbus. just remember to go back after the test or manualy edit it and what I strongly advise you to..

okay but how do I find those 2 files I was talking about? when they are hidden..

first go the start icon open the small search and type: %appdata% press enter now a folder opens C:\Users\Snuppy\AppData\Roaming then navigate as follow Microsoft\FSX or Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 depening on if it´s P3D or FSX.

it´s then time to test how it runs whit out ASN and only default weather engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I just finished a 5 1/2 hours flight From La Palma to Bucharest.

During cruise I had constant 70 frames, on arrival in really bad weather (ASN) it was still 35-40 frames.

This was a flight with 1.30 hotifx e, no additional patches.

No frames problems, no oscillation problems, no over or under speed problems.

The final was a bit rough, but that was the weather as well...

post-92344-0-46206400-1433522490_thumb.p

My System can be found here.

• 1 month later...

Tom you are testing with unlimited frames i guess? Sure then i have 50 fps! But also stutters as you posted above! When i write those lines i am airborn over germany to London with the A318cfm locked at 30 and got 18 frames! Don't have this with any other addon! maybe it is my system, more realistic is, because i know my system is the Airbus addon by itself!

By the way, clicking your link brings me to your profil, but where i can take a look on your hardwaresettings?

• 4 weeks later...

Ive Just joined BAV and it seems the 319 is there Short haul aircraft. So I've just DL the 1.3 version. Also the Hotfix. 

I use to turn off the WX but in the ini file the entry is gone. Forgive me for not reading all 174 reply but is this fix not needed anymore and that's why it's no longer in the ini?

I use ASN and am happy to turn it off.

Do I copy and paste the entry in to stop scans and disable the WX?

Thanks.

Archived