Framerate issues, revisited again

The beta testers are not de best readers i think. i have only install fsx se and remove nothing from my system.

of it be so as Mathijs told, you have conflicts with your system files (DLL) i think is depence in what order you install de aerosoft software.(airbus first on the moment)

The betatesters should not feel so called as they have not discoverd a Buck. we are all people.

and if you need one betatester send me pm. I'am kritiche but fair.

greetz

Chiel

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Chiel, with all respect, but you after you exhausted me you are now going after our testers. Now I am sure you will feel this unjust and that we 'silence' you but we are all a bit tired of the way you simply refuse to see issues from our side. You also refuse to answer the simply question on what you exactly expect me to do. That 's why I am putting you on moderation status. Your posts will not be shown unless we see new information or new arguments.

Of course we are always willing to assist you via email (support@aerosoft.com) but if you keep insisting it is sheer luck that tens of thousands of people do not have an issue you have and that only your system should be the benchmark I think we will not be able to assist there.

That's exactly what Mathijs told you multiple times in this topic: it's about what is installed on YOUR system.

Yeah, and the fact that it has to be reiterated multiple times is giving me a headache.

This is obviously completely on your end, chiel. Stop the moaning and complaining and troubleshoot the PC issues on your end.

Sorry, but given the amount of hotfixes since service pack 3 (hotfix a,b,c,d,e...... maybe all the way to z soon) the problem is not only on his side or on his PC. I just love this excuse "its not us, its your PC" hhahaha. Really?!

• Deputy Sheriffs

You miss an important point: Chiel just blamed and blamed and blamed, and haven't helped working constructively on the problem. No one ever said here that he is the only one with this problem, but without being able to reproduce it on our side there is not very much direct help possible.

And what does it tell if a problem doesn't show up on all machines, but only a few ones? It tells that it is not a general problem but obviously something that shows up only on a very specific set of environment parameters. And that's what Mathijs told Chiel several times and he refused to listen. The problem doesn't show up on any AS machines or the beta testers machines. Therefore the only chance to find it is on HIS computer. Right? So instead of continuous blaming it would have been a more wiser thing to be cooperative in the search for a solution.

And finally: YES, it is correct to tell a customer that a problem is related to HIS machine. As it doesn't show on all machines, but only a few ones, the reason for that must be on HIS machine. Something on it causes it. This is not an excuse but a pure logical explanation.

The answer to your question is Yes , really .

I don't have a super computer but Windows ( 7 ) is fully updated , FSX + Acceleration is installed outside " Program Files " , regularily defrag the disk , have only the highmemfix tweak in the fsx.cfg , have all logging switched off in the Configurator and manage to fly from " A " to " B " with an average of 20 fps . That others ( may ) have 100 fps with everything maxed out is of no interest to me and only leads to frustration when you can't reach anything near that for whatever reason . As for the hotfixes you don't HAVE to install them , only if you are having " problems " .

In another topic it has been explained that version 1.3 has been " a step backward " but as I have all the previous versions as zipfiles ( why throw them away ? ) , if I really need to , I could always take a step backward and re-install V1.2 but haven't found the need to do that .

I am just another paying customer like the majority here and the only connection I have with Aerosoft is that I have bought several of their products and nothing else .

• Aerosoft

Sorry, but given the amount of hotfixes since service pack 3 (hotfix a,b,c,d,e...... maybe all the way to z soon) the problem is not only on his side or on his PC. I just love this excuse "its not us, its your PC" hhahaha. Really?!

The hotfixes solved almost all of the open issues. One would think people would be happy about that.

And yes really, if one gets a FPS all the way down to 1 the issue and tens of thousands do not the statement 'it's not us, it is your PC' seems appropriate. Unless you prove us wrong we stand by that.

post-43-0-97939600-1431500617_thumb.png

This image was made on one of my machines that had was setup last week. Win8.1, FSX:SP2 (highmem tweak) and as only add-on a beta of Kilimanjaro. Now I think it looks more than okay and I think that with average fps of 72 I can proof the aircraft is NOT dragging the FSP down. A combination with other add-ons will for sure, but that's stands to be logic.

Chiel was not put under moderation because of the issue he had but by the fact he does not only blame me for the obvious issue with his hardware but also went after my beta testers. Now that's okay, I fully understand being frustrated about a PC problem, but not day after day after day.

hey guys, i found a "old" a318 v1.1 zip on my drive and will try if this works tonight... will let you know.

Hello all, and thank you for all your responses. First, let me get this out of the way: I'm not trying to defend anyone here and or cause any problems (I think people would say troll?) I'm just saying things that are IMO and reflecting on the feedback that I have gotten here so far.

I'm new to Aerosoft products (I have been using PFPX, not sure if its a part of the Aerosoft company or not, but that doesn't really matter in this case), I have been using PMDG for all my aircrafts in the past (737,777). Last week I have bought my first Aerosoft Airbus A320/1 and I like it. Very interesting A/C and does have a lot of potential. I will be purchasing additional products from this company in particular the Night Environment packages, as the feedback from other customers is very good! Also, I am considering getting the A318/9 (After the new SP, not interested in hotfixes anymore)

Now let me get to the points:

When I first got the A320/1 I had a lot of performance issues (very low FPS that would spike to 60 at times). I do have a relatively good system (I7 4790K@ 4.4, 8Gs of good RAM, GTX 760 FTW 4G edition, FSX runs on its own dedicated SSD with all its add-ons, Win7 64bit). When I ran my bus the first time, I was like WTF? Stutters, low FPS, horrible performance, after all my PMDG A/C gives me a solid 30-45FPS. So I thought that something is wrong with the Aerosoft software. So I came to this forum looking for answers. After reading all feedback, in particular "It works fine on my system, so the problem is your system" I decided to uninstall and reinstall the bus, but no luck. Then I thought that maybe something happened with the download, so I went back into the store and re-downloaded the bus again, unfortunately no luck. Then after, I have learned that Airbus came with Airbus Config Tool Manager and some people here suggested that 'Force ECAM Software Rendering' needs to be disabled. So I went looking for the Confing Manager Tool. I found it, but guess what, it didn't open. The error of some type of file not found was present. So again, I thought that it was 'my system" as others didn't report it. So I uninstalled and re-installed again!. Guess what? Same error lol. After being very frustrated, I came to this forum and posted that I have just bough the Airbus A320/1 and I have horrible performance. I got a response from Mathijs Kok saying how does this relate to anything? (the post is on page three) LOL. Okay. So, after two or three days I have finally figured out why the Config Manager does not open! Its because the customers that have only purchased the A320/1 (not the bundle or the A318/9) had a file missing witch was preventing the Config Manager tool to open. WOW! There was nothing in the Read Me file about that, nor any easy to find information present here and the so called hotfixes did not address this issue. What was even more frustrating that somewhere in this website it also said 'The amount of customers who only buy the A320 package is very small so that's not a big concern' (Something along those lines). But we are still customers, after all the product was not cheap and wasn't a gift from Aerosoft. That was very disappointing to me. So after disabling the ECAM in the Configurator the performance and the stutters went away. So was the problem with my system (as suggested by many IT geniuses) or the Aerosoft software?

Now regarding the present issues with the Bus:

Weather Radar- Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Two days ago I took a FLT from FRA-INN. On my approach into INN it was very cloudy and rainy, the weather radar did not detect anything. Other times there would be light clouds and the radar would show something like a storm. My system or Airbus? \

At cruising ALT the throttle would jump. My system? Or bus?

At decent the A/C throttles jump up, even when the decent speed is limited to 250Knts. My system or Bus?

****DOORS*** Sometimes I can close the doors of A/C via FMC other times I cant. My system or Bus?

In conclusion, I don't think that it is fair to put the blame on the customers PC systems, as many other products work good. And I doubt that many people would reinstall the whole Windows and the whole FSX sim with 100+ Gigs of stuff just to make a plane perform a little better. There has to be other solutions to some minor issues with the Aerosoft software in order for it to perform and deliver better.

Thank you.

Hi Mathijs, thanks for your response.

I believe that the first three paragraphs of my essay :) were regarding the performance of the bus.

ok guys, i tested several things now and the result is kind of strange. just to remember: I use FSX:SE on Win 8.1 with a i7 4770K at 4.4ghz, 16gb ram, GTX780 and all other Planes work fine (PMDG, Majestic, CS, etc). So its defo not the general setup or other addons which do not work proper.

I deleted all Aerosoft buses and started all over. Of course i allways did restart after install/uninstalls and inbetween started fsx so it can boot FSX with the new setup. Because the onlyolder Version I have is V1.1 of the A318/319 on my disc, I did comparisons with those two...(old A318/319 vs new A320/321)

A318/319 Verion 1.1 works perfect after install (no stutters at all --> because there was no fsx:se option during install process I installed as fsx)

A320/321Version 1.3 has mad stutters --> installed to fsx:se because available since this update // overall fps is 40+ but all 1 to 2 to 3 seconds or less, the screen freezes and fps drops

after that I tryed to install the A320/321 Version 1.3 to FSX instead of FSX:SE ( which you can choose during install process now), which I actually own...

guess what?! Same same.... :(

For me is clear now, there was a developers change between V1.1 and V1.3 which causes those stutters which make the plane unflyable... of course icant tell what change is the root of the problem but at least i know now, that its not my system nor my setup or anything else... its a change in the aerosoft product which cause the problem.

BTW: If i hit "pause" while sitting in the 1.3version i dont have any stutters (maybe helpfull)

I hope aerosoft can use my informations to help me, getting my airbuses in the air again

best

sebo

I see you say FSX:SE do you only run that version ?

No disk version as if you do not have the old disk version during instalation run it as FSX and not FSX:SE as if it´s not changsed it would write data to the folder FSX:SE the main problem is that this folder is only being used by FSX:SE if you have disk version installed at the same time.. els FSX:SE would use the old FSX folder name

Hope it works as it did by a test I priviusly made this year..

I see you say FSX:SE do you only run that version ?

No disk version as if you do not have the old disk version during instalation run it as FSX and not FSX:SE as if it´s not changsed it would write data to the folder FSX:SE the main problem is that this folder is only being used by FSX:SE if you have disk version installed at the same time.. els FSX:SE would use the old FSX folder name

Hope it works as it did by a test I priviusly made this year..

yes i meanwhile only run fsx:se.

think you missunderstood: by disc I mean i have an older downloaded version from the aerosoft shop on my hardDISC ;)

I only have fsx:se installed on my pc which is a downloaded software from the dovetail webshop...

thanks anyway my friend

best sebo

I don´t think I misunderstand more that i was not clear enough ;-) The reason I asked was that dovetail made the option for you to run a FSX:SE besides you have a old DVD disk version of FSX. so that the hidden folders it had seperat names. FSX or FSX:SE (not sure itś there right names but to give the explanation)

1. if you have FSX on DVD and Steam version installed you would end up having 2 folders FSX and FSX:SE in the hidden folder.
  2. if you only have FSX:SE you would end up having only 1 folder named like the default FSX DVD version = FSX.

So as you only have FSX:SE if itÅ› still that way as when I tryeid it last time you dont have a folder FSX:SE only the folder FSX like was it a DVD copy. this is because dovetail made there installer look for FSX DVD version and rename the folder FSX:SE if it detects a DVD copy. but I am not sure if itÅ› still that way as I have been constandly re-instaling so havent been able to follow but that was the situation.

So my consern was if the link between the older version worked was it only install it as FSX and thats the right direction for FSX:SE when you only have that installed. Thats why I sugested to install FSX insted of FSX:SE if there is stil no option to select during instalation if you have the 1 or 2 versions of FSX (FSX and FSX:SE) as the installer would compleat itÅ› task but dont tell you thats itÅ› a folder it just created and is only active if you have 2 versions of FSX

But itÅ› a long time since I installed it last time by FSX:SE so It can bee im not 100% updated, but think if I can just help a few in here itÅ› been a good day. but it can be in a other direction the problem is but 1 step at a time, and I know it can be time consuming I have done many test by manny add-ons to find causes.. so just dont give up we can jump in to your pc but we would do as much as we can, to give advise and sugestions..

But we got tens of thousands of customers who do have systems with all these add-ons. If the add-on is faulty how come all these people do not have the issue you face? Luck? Fate? I think not, I think it's because their system is not like your system.

And of course my own play machine has a FSX folder that is 850 gb and has just about anything possible (devs do tend to get anything for free) and I do not have many issues. Sure on a busy IVAO event, on Heathrow with complex weather I get low (under 20) fps. But to blame one of the 12 add-ons that run at that time is just silly. It's the combination.

Now our Bus has some specific elements that are due to the fact it's an aircraft with highly integrated systems and there is a huge amount of data that has to be shared between modules. We know that this causes problems for some users. But as I said, everytime we ask people to make a clean install the problem seems solved. And even more, there is no common factor that identifies the problem we have been able to identify. Why on some systems the WX causes FPS problems and on others (the vast majority) not, we simply do not know. We only know we have never seen it on systems we manage. Even when they are fully loaded up.

But again, if something works for tens of thousands of people and not for a few (at this moment we track low fps issues for 32 people, you being one of them), is it fair to blame the software?

Please let me know what the FPS fluctuation on your system is, perhaps we are able to indentify what is happening. It can be many things. Just last week I found a system where a printer wanted started a update process that was so messed up it used 80% of CPU on all 4 cores. Not too bad but it did so every 3 minutes because the system was not connected to the Internet. Poor guy had the worst FPS I seen in ages. Removing the silly Brother driver and all was okay.

Do you realy think ten thousands of people come here in the forum or open a support ticket when the got problems, no matter which one? And i know some of my friend with bad FPS too, but the are not interested to come here! The are still waiting for the next SP and hope things going better then! The are still readers!

I got also bad frames, but only with the Bus, not with PMDG and others! Yes i run tons of addons like ORBX, ASN, FTX Global,...but most of the Hardcoresimmers out there doesn't fly without those addons, because it looks better this times! Who is flying with the default FSX? The 9995 thousends of people you mean? If i test the bus or whatever, i test it with my current settings for sure!

And if you have tons of addons installed and everything runs smooth why we should do a fresh FSX install? It needs a lot of time do to this, maybe a week with tons of addons!

Today for a test starting in LOWI, rainy day, bad weather at all and i got 10 FPS!!!!! I close the sim and start the same situation with PMDG 737, CS 767 and A2A Piper! NEVER ever under 20 fps! So, is it realy my system? No more testing needed because this situation says all to me.

System

Win7

I7 3770k, not overlocked

8gig RAM

Geforce 660

This is my opinion

cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well...

I have almost the same system than you with more or less the same add-ons and have "good" FPS but in areas with high density of airports.

One thing everybody here would be grateful is if we lleave that fuzzy language about "good" and "bad" and begin speaking in figures, where, with traffic or not, with heavy cloud coverage or not...

Do not know if doing so will help to find something out or not, but sure if we don't will not

Regards

LOWI

Bad weahter, rainy

RW 26 ready for take off

FS Passengers

ASN Default settings

FTX Global/europe

Traffic destinity set to 25/ GA to 2/flying with MT 6 prof.

FSX Settings @medium to high (Autogen dense)

LOWI Addon Approaching Innsbruck

only Highmemfix in FSX.cfg

Everything up to date like drivers, the bus,...

With A318 10-12fps locked at 30

With PMDG 18-20fps locked at 30

greets

• Aerosoft

Do you realy think ten thousands of people come here in the forum or open a support ticket when the got problems, no matter which one? And i know some of my friend with bad FPS too,

So many exclamation marks.....

The actual FPS you get depends on many things. On my main system our bus is seriously faster then the PMDG 737, but on my gaming laptop it is slower even though the add-ons and settings are 100% the same. It's most likely because the two add-ons are very different in setup. What is clear is that there is no way we can simplify things to make it faster in FPS without losing the opportunity to get all things running at serious simulation level. If anybody can do that with Airbus systems in the depth we simulate them and gets better fps we'll gladly look at that. There is no easy fix. There never will be an easy fix and a Boeing will always be faster than a Airbus in FPS. If it is slow on your system you will have to adapt the settings, just as I have to lower them for the PMDG 737. If that if unacceptable to you I am sorry, as said there is no simple fix and comparing aircraft that work totally different make no logical sense at all.

But I really think that if tens of thousands of people would have problems this forum would look rather different would you not?

Depature! Yes i have tried many settings, lower traffic, autogen, cloudlayers, wathever! gives me maximum 1-2fps with the bus!

ok i know the bus needs more resurces, i read this some month ago! hmmm, really sad

• Aerosoft

LOWI

Bad weahter, rainy

RW 26 ready for take off

FS Passengers

ASN Default settings

FTX Global/europe

Traffic destinity set to 25/ GA to 2/flying with MT 6 prof.

FSX Settings @medium to high (Autogen dense)

LOWI Addon Approaching Innsbruck

only Highmemfix in FSX.cfg

Everything up to date like drivers, the bus,...

With A318 10-12fps locked at 30

With PMDG 18-20fps locked at 30

greets

If you got a complex weather pattern and you are low on VAS (seeing all that you have loaded that is probably true), the impact of the weather radar could be important. What have you set in the configurator? Keep in mind PMDG does not read the weather, it just displays what the weather addon feeds it. That is simplified and thus much faster (it simply does not hide weather patterns against each other, does not do ground clutter etc). You also do not write what you have displayed in the ND. 250 nav points or 2500 navpoints? Terrain display? RAAS active? webserver active? Logging on?

So many variables.... and in the end it could very well be that our bus is slower then the PMDG on your system. Sure.

But if you have FPS locked at 30 and get 18, I strongly suggest unlocking the FPS, your results will be a lot better!

• Aerosoft

Depature! Yes i have tried many settings, lower traffic, autogen, cloudlayers, wathever! gives me maximum 1-2fps with the bus!

ok i know the bus needs more resurces, i read this some month ago! hmmm, really sad

As I explained, on some systems it does, on others not. It is really hard to predict but for sure we need a lot of CPU cycles and less GPU power. The PMDG aircraft tends to fall the other way. And I do not think it's sad, lol.

No Raas, deactivatet in xml, terrain reduced at 40, In ND only the route, no VOR or whatever, no webserver no logging on, hardware rendering, all set well in the config and yes in lowi many cloudlayers yesterday and the addon is not fps friendly because it is a bit old, lol!

yes you right, unlimited frames gives me in this situation like 20-30 frames, but stutters because of high variation!

the bus is a big thing! for me only the Autothrottle problem and the poor fps is a problem! first problem gives me sleepless nights lol

Archived