Framerate issues, revisited again

Mathijs,

Ok, I moved my comment to this page as you suggested. However, I do not see any FSX Steam drastic stutter issues mentioned in this thread. To describe the problem: imagine a sticky pause switch going on and off repeatedly: on and off, on and off, with the period of each (running and stuck) each about a half second. That's the massive stuttering problem that several of us are having with your 318/319/320/321 installed on FSX Steam, single, not dual, installation.

Your help will be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'm close to dumping these aircraft since I have no other problems. In fact, my FSX Steam runs remarkably well except for these Airbus products. Thanks I you can help.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bohill

you can read it above not any change that we have the solution from aerosoft

very disapointed in aerosoft i tell the people on the internet that airbus from aerosoft needs dedicated system and you can nott install other addons

thats what i read above.

• Aerosoft

Bohill

you can read it above not any change that we have the solution from aerosoft

very disapointed in aerosoft i tell the people on the internet that airbus from aerosoft needs dedicated system and you can nott install other addons

thats what i read above.

Okay, you obviously no longer want any support and decided to spread 'the word'. That's fine. When people read back here what you wrote they will make up their own mind on who is right and who is wrong.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Ok, I moved my comment to this page as you suggested. However, I do not see any FSX Steam drastic stutter issues mentioned in this thread. To describe the problem: imagine a sticky pause switch going on and off repeatedly: on and off, on and off, with the period of each (running and stuck) each about a half second. That's the massive stuttering problem that several of us are having with your 318/319/320/321 installed on FSX Steam, single, not dual, installation.

Your help will be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'm close to dumping these aircraft since I have no other problems. In fact, my FSX Steam runs remarkably well except for these Airbus products. Thanks I you can help.

Stutters some in two forms, micro stutters that have plagued FS since version 4 and the larger framerate fluctuations.Both of these can be more obvious in the Airbus because we are running many calculations on a frame by frame base. When framerates gets low, it can cause issues that might cause the fps to drop even lower. There is nothing that can be done about this except simplifying a lot of things. We did trace these issue back to the simconnect bus. When many add-ons use the simconnect bus it's just not able to handle it.

We do expect framerates to fluctuate more on this product then other add-ons because of the frame by frame calculations. But on our machines we normally see them fluctuate around 15%. That's what we expect and accept. If it is more there is a conflict somewhere, again most likely in the simconnect bus. Let me show you two images.

post-43-0-59223100-1430929757_thumb.png

Here my fps is unlocked. I am running at 82 fps at the moment of the image, average fps is 70, lowest 41, highest 85. The fluctuation is 15.8%. Just as we expect and it cause no problem what so ever.

post-43-0-56257600-1430929746_thumb.png

Here I locked my fps to 35 fps and you see the fluctuation is down to 1.1%. In this case a locked FPS is a better choice, but you should only use locked if your fps is at least 40 average, below that it just lowers your fps.

If you see a much larger fluctuation on your system it means that at the moments of low fps there is some process (not the bus) that is eating a lot of CPU power or sending a lot of data over the simconnect bus. We know for example that ASN does that at certain settings, it just needs to send a lot of data. In our programming we try to be real careful about hogging the resources because they are so limited.

Mathijs,

I understand what you are saying, and it seems reasonable from a strictly "technical" aspect, except FS micro stutters would show up in other cases, not just your Airbus.

However, that does not serve the client well, because you seem to be basically saying that if we have a clean OS, if we have a clean FSX Steam, if we do not have other addons like ASN and/or (ORBX?,FSCapt?,REXe+OD?,AISmooth?,REXSoftClouds?,MCE?,EZdok?), if we do not use common config tweaks or NVidia inspector tweaks, then just maybe, your Airbus product will run well...hopefully.

If this were being properly managed, it would be ordered that the design team must force this product (alter/reduce/scale back, whatever) to work with these popular addons and tweaks, otherwise this product becomes a technical lab oddity; it only seems to perform well under the most stringent of sterile conditions, but not in the user friendly real world of flight simulation. If your product is that extremely resource greedy, then it is unsuitable for the mass FS public and it should be sold with such a warning that it is basically a standalone experimental effort. Alternatively, you could have provided a toggle "activate/deactivate" of the various systems and sub-systems.

While I admire your technical desire to produce a highly complex airbus, I am greatly disappointed with this Aerosoft result, since you have over-engineered it to the point of almost uselessness in the actual FS world.. I will not consider flying FS without most of these mentioned addons and/or tweaks...what would be the point?

Thank you for your time.

• Aerosoft

But we got tens of thousands of customers who do have systems with all these add-ons. If the add-on is faulty how come all these people do not have the issue you face? Luck? Fate? I think not, I think it's because their system is not like your system.

And of course my own play machine has a FSX folder that is 850 gb and has just about anything possible (devs do tend to get anything for free) and I do not have many issues. Sure on a busy IVAO event, on Heathrow with complex weather I get low (under 20) fps. But to blame one of the 12 add-ons that run at that time is just silly. It's the combination.

Now our Bus has some specific elements that are due to the fact it's an aircraft with highly integrated systems and there is a huge amount of data that has to be shared between modules. We know that this causes problems for some users. But as I said, everytime we ask people to make a clean install the problem seems solved. And even more, there is no common factor that identifies the problem we have been able to identify. Why on some systems the WX causes FPS problems and on others (the vast majority) not, we simply do not know. We only know we have never seen it on systems we manage. Even when they are fully loaded up.

But again, if something works for tens of thousands of people and not for a few (at this moment we track low fps issues for 32 people, you being one of them), is it fair to blame the software?

Please let me know what the FPS fluctuation on your system is, perhaps we are able to indentify what is happening. It can be many things. Just last week I found a system where a printer wanted started a update process that was so messed up it used 80% of CPU on all 4 cores. Not too bad but it did so every 3 minutes because the system was not connected to the Internet. Poor guy had the worst FPS I seen in ages. Removing the silly Brother driver and all was okay.

hello Mathijs

I want have support thats where i asking for but some how i don't get it here thats my frustation.

i have only problemens with the airbus, the same airbus wash working fine.

• Aerosoft

hello Mathijs

I want have support thats where i asking for but some how i don't get it here thats my frustation.

i have only problemens with the airbus, the same airbus wash working fine.

I understand frustration, I do not understand why you want to share nonsense about Aerosoft. I have explained several times what the limitations of support in this case are. If you have an issue that thousands of people do NOT have and you insist the thousands are the aberration and you are the norm discussions and support become real hard. When you then 'threaten' to tell the world how bad we are our incentive to support you does not increase.

If people give us clear information we can assist. For example how big the fps variation is. Or as I discussed in this topic tell us how your FPS results are when you isolate the Bus and compare it to the default FSX bus. But it seems nobody actually reads this things because it's just shouting and not listening and reading. If you just start to read and follow up on the people who posted here you can see that for the vast majority the issue was explained or solved.

hallo Mathijs

Ik ga even over naar het nederlands anders wordt het verkeerd begrepen.

Ik vind het niet leuk dat je in je antwoord naar mij, mij probeert weg te zetten als een nobody.

Ik lees dingen erg goed en heb alle suggesties opgevolgd, ook ben ik zelf al meerdere dagen bezig naar een oplossing aan het zoeken, maar mijn hele systeem opnieuw opbouwen is voor mij geen optie.

Het enige wat ik van aerosoft vraag is neem even de helft van de tijd die ik afgelopen dagen aan dit probleem besteed heb en laten wij proberen samen naar een oplossing te zoeken.

Bijvoorbeeld neem eens contact op met Pete Downson waarom hij denkt dat het aan de addon ligt, Die moeite vraag ik als klant van aerosoft.

In de tussen tijd blijf ik ook zoeken (ik heb zelfs voor dit probleem fsx se aangekocht want ik wil er uit komen).

groeten

Chiel

• Aerosoft

Chiel, as I asked a few times, what do you expect me to do? We got tens of thousands of customers NOT having an issue you have. So logic dictates that the issue is on your setup and thus beyond our control. All the advice we can give has been given in this topic.

Mathijs

I am Disappointed because I think also individual people needs help they have paid also for this product.

You now only have eyes for the large group customers, who must realize that they now have Lucky but the next time ..... maybe their standalone also

you now very well that i not have alone this problem about 100 custmores have also problemens but here on the forum you play with me that i'm the bad guy

even here on the forum ther are more threads with the same questions and answers and also other forums

even the question: tell my what I can do for you, is a question that you not supposed to ask. Because I've told you serveral times already, but then you play the game the good and the bad guy, in front of your other customers

and remember that the people had a good working product.

i hate it but. i am giong to understand the existence of torrent sites. Because if it does work you throw it away and have no expetations.

i"m not a happy customer, but that will probably do nothing with you, and trow awy this thread.

i don't want my money back i want support.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Short of somebody coming to your house, what do you expect? "Support" is too broad a word to use. What do you think we can do from "here" to solve the issue you are having? You can not say we are not trying.

@ Chiel

Reading your posts it is clear that you haven't followed any of the advice given . Acting like a 5 year old isn't going to help you either . After " bad mouthing " Aerosoft you still want them to drop everything and come to your aid , good luck with that attitude . Do you expect someone from Aerosoft to come to your house and " fix " your problems for you ? I am sure there are plenty willing to volunteer for that job ( sarcasm mode OFF ) .
There are by now thousands of people who have the Airbus ( AirbusX , AirbusX Extended or the latest version ) and the vast majority do have it working without too many problems ( notice I do not say without ANY problems ) . Mathijs has pointed out in many threads on the forum that they test on a PC with just the operating system ( fully updated ) , FSX and the Bus , that will not be the case for most of us but that does not mean to say that Aerosoft is wrong with testing in this way .
Have you looked at how many processes are running when using FSX ? Sometimes when I check there are more than 60 , most of them are updaters for programmes not running at that moment , so I switch them off . Having all sliders moved to the right might look good for taking screenshots but for me ( and most others ) FSX is turned into a slideshow . Same thing with sceneries , we all want it as " real as it gets " but there are limits . I have a lot of Aerosoft Mega Airports and UK200 but cannot really expect to have a high framerate when using them even though the are part of the two most important the airport is there for the most important part of the flight , namely taking off and landing .
Running FSX as Admistrator ? All unnecessary programmes ( email , IE , Firefox etc ) turned off ? Every programme not needed to run FSX is taking fps away . Same with the Airbus configurator , switch everything off that you don't need . My processor is an i5 , so I need all the help I can get but still average 20 fps , not great but enough .

As for your comment " understanding the existance of torrents " , I am willing to bet that you also have NL2000 installed and without torrents , how would you be able to download it ? Torrents were " invented " for downloading large files , not for the " other " use you allude to .

@ Frank ,

You beat me to the " house call " .

EDIT : For some reason part of my post went " missing " after being composed with notepad .

• Aerosoft

Chiel seriously, I bend over backwards to explain to you our point of view. If you do not accept the basic facts there is really not a lot I can do. Sorry you are unhappy but it is caused by an issue out of our control. I believe that has to be the last said about that.

I have the feeling that I state toward childeren who dare to call anything across the street but if you close them run away. (scarcasm off)

@John read before you writing something I did a clean install of Prepar2.4 i don't have Old fsx and certainly no NL 2000.

and i do al the advices writing here .

@ Frank i dont"t have the problem alone and you now that, I therefore i don't understand those stupid sensible remark of yours not.

@Mathijs

I understand your problem but I am deeply disappointed in aerosoft. I've never had this experience with aerosoft software and i have a lot of it.

With FSX SE everthing worksfine i hope to see you in lelystad, and take Frank en John also with you, then i can talk to them :argue_s: ;-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs

I am Disappointed because I think also individual people needs help they have paid also for this product.

You now only have eyes for the large group customers, who must realize that they now have Lucky but the next time ..... maybe their standalone also

you now very well that i not have alone this problem about 100 custmores have also problemens but here on the forum you play with me that i'm the bad guy

even here on the forum ther are more threads with the same questions and answers and also other forums

even the question: tell my what I can do for you, is a question that you not supposed to ask. Because I've told you serveral times already, but then you play the game the good and the bad guy, in front of your other customers

and remember that the people had a good working product.

i hate it but. i am giong to understand the existence of torrent sites. Because if it does work you throw it away and have no expetations.

i"m not a happy customer, but that will probably do nothing with you, and trow awy this thread.

i don't want my money back i want support.

Just wondering Chiel, why don't you go back to a previous state of your pc if everything was working correct? Why don't you follow the instructions on your account and make back ups of your files? You would be able to get acces to them when things go wrong, if you back them up.

Aerosoft gives support but you can't expect a company to come by your house and 'fix/solve' your specific issue (which thousands don't have). You can, as mentioned, try to air your opinion but try to do so in a respectful way as this will bring you more as you want the company to help you, instead of using the attitude you are using at this moment because that doesn't work in your favour.

I understand it's frustrating if things aren't working as needed and you're one of the few that have this issue but the road you're walking on now is not going to change anything.

Give Aerosoft some time and read this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95083-thoughts-of-a-project-manager-after-sp3/

• Aerosoft

@Mathijs

I understand your problem but I am deeply disappointed in aerosoft. I've never had this experience with aerosoft software and i have a lot of it.

With FSX SE everthing worksfine i hope to see you in lelystad, and take Frank en John also with you, then i can talk to them :argue_s: ;-)

I have asked you several times what you expect me to do. I have no idea where your system is different is such a way it causes problems with the product, problems tens of thousands of others do not have. And still you feel we simply have to know what the issue is and you do not want to see the fact this is illogical and unreasonable.

There is something on your system that cause the issue. We got no idea what (other then all the hints and tips given in this topic) and I if you just keep repeating you are unhappy I believe it's better that we close the dialog, it will not bring us closer to a solution.

hi mathijs

i dont think this is the right redirection for my previously opened topic.

Iam suffering from stutters, all 2 to 3 seconds there is a short stop of everything. never had that issue before... its since the 1.3 update. i run a i7 4770k at 4.4ghz, 16gb ram, gtx780. i have overall good performence, also with your airbus. fps at around 40 to 50. everything works fine it just feels, that there are sent some data all 2 to 3 seconds which cause a stutter. unfortunatly the stutters are not periodicly with same rate... sometimes 2 seconds, sometimes 3...

i did install all hotfixes yet

what could it be?

• Aerosoft

Have you checked the settings in the configurator? They are reset most probably with the update. Disable all logging and webserver, plus set the wx to the lowest setting. Those are elements that write to disk and when your disk IO needs cpu cycles it can cause periodic drops in the fps. There are no other elements that run on a 2 or 3 second cycle.

Jeroen

tmy system is oke because i have installed fsx se en it working normal without install the system again, thats the microsoft way. en help with every problem but you find never the real problem.

and now i install fsx se everything worksfine i tell that before in my post.

but the solution is not install one hole system again.i think the solution is wat you install before or after the airbus. i think that you find there the solution. and what i have install is only aerosoft stuff.

• Deputy Sheriffs

but the solution is not install one hole system again.i think the solution is wat you install before or after the airbus. i think that you find there the solution. and what i have install is only aerosoft stuff.

That's exactly what Mathijs told you multiple times in this topic: it's about what is installed on YOUR system.

Have you checked the settings in the configurator? They are reset most probably with the update. Disable all logging and webserver, plus set the wx to the lowest setting. Those are elements that write to disk and when your disk IO needs cpu cycles it can cause periodic drops in the fps. There are no other elements that run on a 2 or 3 second cycle.

yes checked all the settings and theyre ok. did now a new install of the a318 and still have the exact same problem. I really have no idea what it is... as i said the airbus are the only addons which have this problem. ngx and t7 from pmdg work smoothand fine with exactly the same environment...

is there a chance to redownload the previous airbus version? i deleted the previous folder after downloading the 1.3 update. i want to try if i have the same problem with an older version now. i never had that before...

btw i use asn and pfpx. of course i tried fsx:se with those addons running and without them. its clear that the problem contains the soultion as always but maybe a pro around here can help to find the right path to fix that problem.

• Aerosoft

yes checked all the settings and theyre ok. did now a new install of the a318 and still have the exact same problem. I really have no idea what it is... as i said the airbus are the only addons which have this problem. ngx and t7 from pmdg work smoothand fine with exactly the same environment...

is there a chance to redownload the previous airbus version? i deleted the previous folder after downloading the 1.3 update. i want to try if i have the same problem with an older version now. i never had that before...

btw i use asn and pfpx. of course i tried fsx:se with those addons running and without them. its clear that the problem contains the soultion as always but maybe a pro around here can help to find the right path to fix that problem.

What's your Windows user name?

Archived