Framerate issues, revisited again

How are you doing? disabled RAAS

If you have RAAS installed you should see it in the menu "Add-Ons". Click on RAAS professional and untick the box "Master Switch (On/Off)"

/Christian

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The aircraft start at cold and dark...just ok, fps high and stable...start cockpit preparation, and fps slow down and pass from 30 stable to 20/18 and it's orrible...In the same situation, but with 1.21c i don't have any issue and fps are good with or without ASN or other weather engine...any idea for fix this issue?

I also had Active Sky Next on my machine (test version), and it dropped the frame rates with all these Cumulus clouds. Aerosoft Airbus was close to unflyable (FPS around 5) and the default airbus was slow (FPS 10-15). I now use Global Real Weather, which does not create that much Cumulus stuff and looks a lot more realistic to me. Note that my system is on the weak side, and I have to be careful not to overload the graphics.

I did some tweaks to FSX.CFG too. I wonder, if you could post some details on this, what do do and what not to do. Many of the tweaks I took back after seeing that they do not work.

I also had Active Sky Next on my machine (test version), and it dropped the frame rates with all these Cumulus clouds. Aerosoft Airbus was close to unflyable (FPS around 5) and the default airbus was slow (FPS 10-15). I now use Global Real Weather, which does not create that much Cumulus stuff and looks a lot more realistic to me. Note that my system is on the weak side, and I have to be careful not to overload the graphics.

I did some tweaks to FSX.CFG too. I wonder, if you could post some details on this, what do do and what not to do. Many of the tweaks I took back after seeing that they do not work.

If you are using ASN, you could tick the option "Prevent creating TS when CB is reported" which is more realistic in my opinion

Hm, for me the only time frames get extremely bad/ unsuitable is when using ASN and flying close/near large chunks of storms. and the cb clouds form. That's when the aircraft starts to climb/turn rapidly. (Especially during cruise), however any other time it works great, even at big airports. It's weird, it seems as if you fly anywhere close where a scenery/wx turns demanding the airbus loses a lot of frames. However, I'll try adding these fixes and see what happens. I'll also decrease some of my settings in ASN and or repair FSX (which I've already done). Another thing that I found strange is that the A320/21 never shook when literally FLYING through a big storm and it seemed to fly through it without climbing/turning rapidly (just turbulence effects), which makes me believe even more that ASN has something to do with this... (or a setting was removed from the AXE to prevent this).

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

could someone please confirm that SP3 improves the fps issue turning WXR on with ASN in severe weather conditions? It would be great if someone tried this out - I guess "real time weather" in Germany is too good to try this out:-)

Kind regards,

Chris

• Aerosoft

Hello everybody,

could someone please confirm that SP3 improves the fps issue turning WXR on with ASN in severe weather conditions? It would be great if someone tried this out - I guess "real time weather" in Germany is too good to try this out:-)

Kind regards,

Chris

There are some tweaks that might help in certain conditions but on some computers it will remain an issue. On an untweaked FSX (other than the needed HighMem fix) the system will have most freedom to assign resources where needed. Many tweaks will increase FPS by limiting options and on those systems the SimConnect bus might overload and cause low fps.

• 2 weeks later...

last night I got frame rates well below what I useually get after installing 1.30e. im not 100% sure if it was the hotfix of just because a mixture of being in CFD streaming to twitch at 1080p and vatsim being a little busy. I also looked and for some reason i had the ECAM rendering to CPU rather than GPU so will try again today.

i still got the problem with my frame rates on the airbus320.

I start only Prepar3d 2.4 nothing else, and have install any suggestion here made and hotfix 130e

there are any other options at the moment??

I had a good product but it is now unworkable

i can not imagine that i'm the only one who suffers from this,

is aerosoft looking for a solution????

Me Three.

I have just got the Airbus 320/321 yesterday at the FlightSim store and my FPS is really bad. 10-17.

My system:

Win7/64bit

I7-4790K @4.4

GTX760FTW 4GB

8GB of ram.

Please help.

• Aerosoft

Me Three.

I have just got the Airbus 320/321 yesterday at the FlightSim store and my FPS is really bad. 10-17.

My system:

Win7/64bit

I7-4790K @4.4

GTX760FTW 4GB

8GB of ram.

Please help.

And you have read the comments in this post about that?

• Aerosoft

i still got the problem with my frame rates on the airbus320.

I start only Prepar3d 2.4 nothing else, and have install any suggestion here made and hotfix 130e

there are any other options at the moment??

I had a good product but it is now unworkable

i can not imagine that i'm the only one who suffers from this,

is aerosoft looking for a solution????

And what of the advise in this topic have you already followed? With what result?

• Aerosoft

last night I got frame rates well below what I useually get after installing 1.30e. im not 100% sure if it was the hotfix of just because a mixture of being in CFD streaming to twitch at 1080p and vatsim being a little busy. I also looked and for some reason i had the ECAM rendering to CPU rather than GPU so will try again today.

With over 7000 downloads of the hotfix and not 7000 complaints I really do believe something else has to be involved.Using Vatsim and streaming at the same time could very well be causing it.

hello Mathijs

I do everything you advise in this post. and i start only prepar3d 2.4 nothing else.

with no results.

I'm happy for you that you have few complants. But on the internet I read that other people go some where else asking because they get no answer from aerosoft.

Pete Downson from Fsuipc have do researche en tell people that the problem is by the addon.

greetz

Chiel

• Aerosoft

hello Mathijs

I do everything you advise in this post. and i start only prepar3d 2.4 nothing else.

with no results.

I'm happy for you that you have few complants. But on the internet I read that other people go some where else asking because they get no answer from aerosoft.

Pete Downson from Fsuipc have do researche en tell people that the problem is by the addon.

greetz

Chiel

But sometimes there IS no answer. If we got tens of thousands of customers who do not have framerate problems (I fly mine at around 40 fps) and a few that have issues there is simply no way the problem can be the add-on. Now I fully understand that people get frustrated but other then what we have done there is not a lot that can be done. I got no idea why the Airbus is slow on your system.

Now I could play nice and say we are looking at the 'problem' but that would be a lie. We are not. Unless we can replicate an issue on the testbeds we have here (clean OS and clean FS every day) there is nothing we can do. On our systems, at identical settings (that means far from max in P3D to get to max in FSX, a lot of people forget that), we get about 10% better fps in P3d compared to FSX.

I'll attach an image I just made on my computer while testing at our Kilimanjaro airport. As you see I got 87 fps there (okay it fluctuates down to 60 there). It's so high because it is a small airport in a very empty environment. But that exactly how you should test these things, you need to exclude other elements to see if the aircraft causes the FPS to be low. In more dense areas with other addons etc things will get slower because all these elements need their resources.

post-43-0-64415600-1430918548_thumb.png

Hallo Mathijs

my framerates are jumping from 1 to 40.

i am disapointed that aerosoft say the same what microsoft say many years "it not our stuff but it's your system.".

i have other expectations of aerosoft .

Who have 1 clean system to fly, everybody have also other addons .(watts working well)

I have take many ours to find out what the problem is and i now what i doing with computers

the only thing I ask , Aerosoft take your responsibility and help people who suffer.

Greetz

Chiel

• Aerosoft

But Chiel what exactly do you want us to do? Fly to your house to check out the system?

See as I explained we simply are unable to recreate this issue on our clean test beds. As I explained these are virtual machines that are loaded every morning with a clean and updated OS and a fresh FS (only the high mem tweak and FSUIPC) installed. If we are unable to recreate an issue we need to wait until the customer has given us enough information to try to find out what causes the issues on his system. Now we have given a lot of advice and thought, they are all in this topic. We can't think of any more. If I get 86 fps and you get 1 fps, how can the addon be to blame? It's the same code on your machine as it is on mine. They only thing different is the hardware and software that we do not control, right?

If you check this topic you will find more than a few people who had FPS issues and who we could not help any other way than to say a fresh start would be the best option. And if you follow up on those people you will see almost all their problems were solved.

I am sorry you feel we should do more. I would gladly do more but I simply have no idea what to do. I am open for any suggestion.

mathijs

i wash giong back because off this problem van prepar 2.5 to 2.4 is that the clean install you mean? en i install only aerosoft software and pmdg en fsuipc, what can i do more tell me.

my system is I7 with 8gb and R9 200 radeon and SSD

mayby the SSD is the problem?? (to fast for aerosoft)

Archived