A320/A321 and AccuFeel

PikalaxALT

There have been some reports of performance issues and degradation in the A320 and A321 models that were observed by some but not all pilots. These include, among others, poor climb performance in IAE models and jerky ground movements. I hypothesize that AccuFeel v2 may be a link between these issues. If you are encountering any flight performance issues with the A320 and A321 models, try these steps:

- Perform a flight with AccuFeel turned off (either globally or for the selected model only) and monitor the flight performance. Did the aircraft perform normally with AccuFeel off?

- Turn AccuFeel back on and repeat the same flight, taking note of any issues you face. Did reenabling AccuFeel cause the original problems to resurface?

I'll start with my testimony. I was observing the jerky ground movements on the A320 CFM and the A321 IAE. While taxiing at KPHX in the A321, I turned off AccuFeel and noticed that over the next 180 seconds of taxi, speed gain and loss were as expected. When turning AccuFeel back on, the jerkiness resumed within 30 seconds. I then turned AccuFeel off to see if departing with FLEX thrust would cause a stall condition to exist. The aircraft climbed normally and was well under control from surface to my planned cruising level of FL340. AccuFeel does not affect climb performance. However, it will cause the aircraft to vibrate at higher altitudes. Depending on stutter, these vibrations could be severe enough to throw the bus out of control.

I posted in the other thread but I wanted to post my experiences here as well.

So far I have experienced the erratic taxi speed issue on almost every flight. The only times I have not encountered this issue is at default airports. I don't know if there is really a correlation in that or not but I find it worth mentioning.

My issues are two fold:

First, a persistent issue in which idle thrust is not enough to keep the aircraft rolling. In instances where this issue is not present, the aircraft gets going with a small application of power and then seems to roll along quite happily at idle thrust. When ever the issue appears, a precursor seems to be a change in this behavior towards needing repeated reapplication of power to keep the aircraft rolling.

Second are random speed bursts. The seem to be accompanied by an audible click from the the thrust levers despite not having physically touched them. The aircraft will also near instantaneously accelerate by as much as 20kts GS until arrested by braking. I need to pay more attention as to weather the engines actually surge or not- it all happens very quickly and I am instinctively more concerned with controlling the aircraft.

I have not encountered any other issues such as the climb performance problems others are reporting.

I will disable accufeel from here on and see if it changes anything and report back. Hopefully all of this information helps!

• Aerosoft

Any tool that changes the flight model, ground model or thrust model can have unexpected influences and it not support by us in any way. All of our software is designed for an unmodified FSX (with high mem tweak) or an unmodified P3D.

• Deputy Sheriffs

what is AccuFeel v2? I don't know what it is.

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=55

Gives some ground enhancements toaircraft. Good for default and some addon aircraft, bad for addon aircraft with its on realistic physics.

If you do not have, don't worry.

Good Morning,

I too have been having erratic taxi speeds with both the A319 & A320. After reading this post I removed Accufeel and can confirm that the problem seems to have gone away.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Mick Williams

• 2 months later...

Yes I have the same problem. I don't have AccuFeel installed, but most of times aircraft is starting to wobble in unbelievable way, autopilot is going off and aircraft has to be manage hardly in the manual and not realistic way. I have been suggested that sometime depending from the weather software installed. I use active sky, I don' think it is causing the problem, I checked if GS or TAS or altitude and wind speed could influence the wobble, from my test not at all. This issue did not happen with the extended series. And flying in the same condition with other installed aircraft (wilco, pmdg….) I have any problem. Nothing change installing v1.21 b or c.

• 2 weeks later...

lol...me either...thanks for this! :excellenttext_s:

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=55

Gives some ground enhancements toaircraft. Good for default and some addon aircraft, bad for addon aircraft with its on realistic physics.

If you do not have, don't worry.

Literally, the post right after the one you quoted. Please take the time to read the other responses before asking questions that have already been answered.

• 3 months later...
Hi Guys, hope you all doing good. I recently purchased A320/A321 and started facing above issue (abrupt sudden taxi speed and uncontrollable plane). Sorry if I am waking up a dead here but could not figure out if there was any solution to this ? (For me disabling/uninstalling accufeel 2.0 is not a solution, it is giving excellent feeling with other payware add-ons.) On other threads I found some cfg file changes were being suggested, well those threads were from 2012 so I believe fixes would have been retrofitted already in latest release that I downloaded.
Can you please guide and suggest what needs to be done here ?

You can disable accufeel for this aircraft only. Saying it’s not an option when it’s the solution is ridiculous. This add-on is not designed to need any enhanced feeling it has it built in. I also have accufeel 2.0 and just disable the individual aircraft profile for the 319-321 and have no problems.

You can disable accufeel for this aircraft only. Saying it’s not an option when it’s the solution is ridiculous. This add-on is not designed to need any enhanced feeling it has it built in. I also have accufeel 2.0 and just disable the individual aircraft profile for the 319-321 and have no problems.

I get your point. However I have another add-on aircraft which I think is equally heavy design (and heavier aircraft A330 and A340 !!) as Aerosoft A32 and AccuFeel 2.0 functions perfectly giving real life Taxi/Runway experience with sounds and bumps. Thus it is hard to believe that AccuFeel is doing something terribly wrong to core FSX design, otherwise it would have cause issue for others as well. With all respect, I think some investigation at least can be done.

Also are you trying to say that A321 itself has all effects of AccuFeel built-in (including sounds) ? If yes, happy to know that, will definitely try that out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

With all respect, I think some investigation at least can be done.

There is actually nothing to investigate.

Accu-Feel interfaces on a very low level into FSX and changes lots of parameters there to fulfill it's needs. The AS bus tries in certain ways to achieve similar results, but on other ways. Both applications now interfere negatively with each other. They simply are not meant to run simultaneously.

Also are you trying to say that A321 itself has all effects of AccuFeel built-in (including sounds) ? If yes, happy to know that, will definitely try that out.

The AS bus comes with it's own ground friction simulation.

There is actually nothing to investigate.

Accu-Feel interfaces on a very low level into FSX and changes lots of parameters there to fulfill it's needs. The AS bus tries in certain ways to achieve similar results, but on other ways. Both applications now interfere negatively with each other. They simply are not meant to run simultaneously.

The AS bus comes with it's own ground friction simulation.

Hi Tom, OK that clears the cloud. I will disable AccuFeel for specific Aerosoft planes. Thank you for clarifications. Sorry if this has caused trouble. Take care.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have accufeel installed at all never heard of it yet it continues to be a problem even with hotfix 1.30F can we get some clue as to what is going on here?

Jody

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not sure what you want to know.

But again: Accufeel influences the FDE of aircrafts, this is good for default aircraft and addons who do not have their own FDE. For all aircrafts coming with their own FDE, it is highly recommended to turn Accufeel off for those aircraft.

And there is no intention to change anything regarding this for the Airbus.

Not sure what you want to know.

But again: Accufeel influences the FDE of aircrafts, this is good for default aircraft and addons who do not have their own FDE. For all aircrafts coming with their own FDE, it is highly recommended to turn Accufeel off for those aircraft.

And there is no intention to change anything regarding this for the Airbus.

Otto,

I not sure what there is to explain. I have had the product since day #1. AND NEVER OWNED ACCUFEEL, however when I updated to 1.30E the aircraft began to taxi exactly how people are saying it does when accufeel is turned on.NOW as a result the aircraft lurches and has erratic taxi problems (any IAE, CFM ). So If i don't own accufeel why is it doing it? I don't understand what is going on with the dynamics. This product is useless. To say its accufeel related when you don't have accufeel is garbage.....

Otto,

I not sure what there is to explain. I have had the product since day #1. AND NEVER OWNED ACCUFEEL, however when I updated to 1.30E the aircraft began to taxi exactly how people are saying it does when accufeel is turned on.NOW as a result the aircraft lurches and has erratic taxi problems (any IAE, CFM ). So If i don't own accufeel why is it doing it? I don't understand what is going on with the dynamics. This product is useless. To say its accufeel related when you don't have accufeel is garbage.....

1. Nowhere in his post did he suggest you had accufeel, he merely stated the reason for such a suggestion.

2. Its not accufeel related but addons claiming to improve the flight dynamics of the aircraft and they are not limited to accufeel, other products from FSPS that claim to do the same are under the same blacklist.

3. I suggest you contact support@aerosoft.com or use the link in my signature below for any other support issues.

What if your having this exact problem and DON'T HAVE AccuFeel? The lack of acknowledgment is astonishing. This aircraft is useless until this is solved!

Archived