Lost radio frequencies

Panxua

When preparing a flight with the Twin Otter, especially for a short hop, like for instance in the Western Indies between St Barth and St Marteen, I provide for all necessary radio frequencies, either voice or nav.

Of course, there is the active one, and the one stored for further use. On each radio set. The same for the NDB frequencies.

Two events may then occur: either I need to save the flight and close FSX, or at destination, I stop at a gate and shut down the engines and turn the battery off.

The problem arises when turning the energy on.

On the radio sets, all active frequencies may be lost, and are for instance showing 136.00 Mhz, instead of the last ground frequency.

The same for the nav frequencies. On the ADF receiver, the last active frequency remains but the stored alternative frequency is changed into a four digit number.

Same phenomenon if I start the saved flight, as a.m. mentioned.

Is there a way to save the provided frequencies?

Unfortunatly not.

The reason why that frequencys revert to 136.00 is that this is the only way we can simulate that the radios are turned off.

FSX does not have seperate Power logic for radios.

Only the avionics switch can turn off radios, but that works for all radios.

So right now whenever a radio is turned of, it will be set to 136.00 Mhz and we then hope that no nearby ATC radio transmit on that.

Finn

Archived