Twin otter extended and F1 GTN

Nirgal76

I'm just asking me, why it is such a problem to provide the integration for the costumers, who support Aerosoft with their buyings for years .. As Mathijs wrote some time ago: "the fine customers pay our earnings and rents..."

So A2A does an integration, Milviz offer an integration for 9.99$ with a special price for bundles, Alabeo offers it automatically with the latest Saratoga... Without asking how much costumers might take it.

I don't like these sale politics....they cannot be positive in long term view. We customers often wait for releases, we even buy them, when they aren't ready and patiently wait for the rest, we help patiently reporting bugs, help others users, and so on... So, a lot of us save your business...

IMHO it would just be a kind of "Thank you fine customers" to release such an integration, and here I don't even expect a "free thank you", but also "a handful" costumers are customers, who buy other stuff...

I for sure will choose in future dealers, who really take care of their customers and they exist!

I am also freelancer and do a lot without earning money, such for customer service which secure my business future, but everyone has to choose what's more important

I'm out of this discussion....

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I'm just asking me, why it is such a problem to provide the integration for the costumers, who support Aerosoft with their buyings for years ..

Hi Stephan,

Patience is a virtue... ;)

The GTN is a relatively new add-on and as far as I know AS is considering it, which is positive.

And then it is a matter of allocating rescources....

Let's just wait upon Mathijs' return and hear his opinion.

1. The Twin Otter is now a 1 year old product, where 3rd party GPS integration not was planned. Had RXP responded when we developed the Twin Otter, then it probably had been offered as an option.

2. The developers on the Twin Otter has now moved on to other projects. Using time on integrating the Flight 1 GTN 750 will mean that those projects will be at a standstill then - not very cost effective for a company that needs to pay their employees.

3. I did not say that it definitely will be an update for which people will need to pay. I just said that they probably might need to pay, since I´m not the one who decide if or how the Flight 1 GPS will be integrated and how this update will be distributed (Optional patch - free for customers, or payware upgrade).

Please give us the time necessary to consider this whole project and how it will be made available.

Nothing is free, not even - or rather particular not in this business, but honestly (note I´m not Aerosoft, but freelance) Aerosoft has always been large upon their loyal customers, giving rebate, free products etc..

Just because I have bought my last 4 cars at the same dealer, doesn´t mean he is willing to mount a new Radio/CD player for free in my car.

So please give us the time to findout what to do regarding this matter.

BTW: This entire thread are just some thoughts I got on enhancing the Twin Otter, and nothing that has been decided upon yet. Maybe You don´t even need to feel cheated, since the option of getting it simply won´t exist

Finn

Hi Mathijs,

would be great, if they could do it.

In any event the GTN is not a "dead" product, like RXP seems to be and so I believe it has a future. The developers of the GTN are very active and have an outstanding support.

Cheers, Stephan

I agree with Stephan, this GTN750/650 is VERY up and coming. It has very few bugs, and potential to have some new features added in the future. To integrate it now, (if possible), and in any future planes, the developer would definitely be doing himself a big favour.

The GTN is a fantastic piece of kit, and the New Twotter is equally fantastic as an all round aircraft. Together would be great.

I'm a +1 for paying for the upgrade to compensate for time spent by the developer to integrate it.

• 3 weeks later...

News are as EMI says here...

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89960-mindstar-gns/?p=643247

Problem is really time, but also how much wanted this really is..

I count 13 people in her who wants it and even want to pay for it. The actual number is definitly higher, but postponing the A330 inorder to get this done and then see a very low sale afterwards is riscy.

Finn

I count 13 people in her who wants it and even want to pay for it. The actual number is definitly higher, but postponing the A330 inorder to get this done and then see a very low sale afterwards is riscy.

Finn

Even though it hurts, this is logic any +10 year can understand... I've said it before, and I'll say again; in aerosoft we trust...

Mas

New version "F1 GTN" - 1.05b.

The list of the companies maintaining / compatible to "F1 GTN" grows: A2A Simulations, Alabeo, RealAir.
We very much hope to see the Aerosoft company in this list. :)

New version "F1 GTN" - 1.05b.

The list of the companies maintaining / compatible to "F1 GTN" grows: A2A Simulations, Alabeo, RealAir.

We very much hope to see the Aerosoft company in this list. :)

We will certainly do so on future projects where it makes sense, the problem is that the Twin Otter project is closed and developers who can do this are now on different projects,

Finn

• 3 weeks later...

money reserved to buy the Twin (i was waiting for GTN to do so) is gone to RealAir Duke turbine V2 and its full RXP and GTN integration.

I don´t know why we need to be informed about Your decision, but congratulation with Your new aircraft.

I own the new Duke Turbin V2 too and also find it nice together with the F! GTN750.

The Realair Duke Turbine V2 is also a newer developement where the developers had the chance to build the GTN in from the start.

As far as I know they have not decided if they will add it to their somewhat older Duke B60 V2.

Quote from Rob Young Realair on Avsim:

We can't constantly re-visit older products to implement new features in a current product, just as when you buy a new car the maker does not do a recall and install all the new features into an older model. However if there are bugs or flaws in a previous release we will provide a free patch. So for example we will be making a patch for the B60 V2 so you can recover default landing lights if you have constant clickspot errors when running our 3d lights.

Personally I as developer and avid flightsimmer would like to do and see the GTN in the Twin Otter Extended myself, but I´m not the one who has to pay for the time needed to do this with no assurance that this investment ever will pay itself back again.

It´s not just about good or bad customer support, but at the end of the day a comapny like Aerosoft still need to make money inorder to pay their employees.

Realair is a 2 guy "Company" most probably developening aircraft in their sparetime, and even for them it´s necessary to draw some lines as seen in Rob's quote.

Finn

Hi Finn, i agree, but the fact is that with the twin extended i have only the "direct to" way, and this is not enough for me, so i can't purchase the Twin extended, even the simplified Carenado models allow me créating a flight plan on flight, It's a shame but i will not spend my money on the Twin Extended although i want.

Flightplans for the Twin Otter Extended can be build with either FSX' own flightplanner, or by any other 3rd party flightplanner like PFPX or Flightsim Commander using uptodate navdata and then be loaded via FSX' flightplan menu.

While this can´t be done on the fly as You fly, realistic seen any IFR plan would also be done before flight.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Finn

I'd pay!

As an owner of GTN 750 and P3Dv2 I would definitely pay $10 or $15 for a GPS module pack for the Otter! As I am sure many would.

Charles.

First of all the Rob Young quote is right on point and makes a lot of sense. Strictly speaking of economics, I would hazard a guess that more than 13 customers would be interested in the GTN upgrade. How many it would actually be I have no idea. Perhaps an email blast to current owners might give AS some idea? Also maybe post a poll on a well traveled sim website to gauge potential interest.

All that said, the Twin Otter is not a King Air 350. It is mostly flown by operators with a tight budget on familiar routes. It is totally realistic to me that this hardworking spartan aircraft would have a less than "state of the art" nav system.

I'd pay...I'd prepay for integration. Start a Go Fund Me page...ha.

It would be nice to have no doubt but I understand the logistical problems off time, staff and money.

It seems I do it everyday on my projects..

Benjamin

Finn

In a forums about "Aerosoft Airbus" I didn't write Any message.

If to follow thought Finn, it turns out that the Airbus isn't interesting to me. ;)

Actually I bought:

Aerosoft - Airbus X Extended

Aerosoft - Airbus A318/A319

Aerosoft - Airbus A320/A321

I think that buyers will be more than here it was marked out users.

Can make poll about "GTN 650/750" on the main page?

P.S.

Sorry for my bad English.

Archived