Twin otter extended and F1 GTN

Nirgal76

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Bert. I do a lot of flying with the Twin Otter and I have the GTN 750. I have done the retro like Bert said and I have it in the wheeled-300, the 300-tundra, the amphibian and the wheeled-100. I have a twin saitek throttle quadrant and have a switch setup to pop it up to make changes. It does work great and I  enjoy my flying very much.  There are a lot of variations of the twin otter so I could a possible added expense to re-do the plane. 

Please login to display this image.

On 8/7/2015, 10:11:29, Bert Pieke said:

In the VC model, find all instances of GPS IS FLIGHT PLAN, and change to GPS IS WAY POINT

I've successfully changed the gauge reference in the panel.cfg but I'm not sure where (what specific file) I should be looking for "GPS IS FLIGHT PLAN" in order to amend the HSI red flag.

Regards,

Brent

How disappointing, you tell us that you cannot integrate the RXP units because developers wont respond to your requests, but Flight1 will, and you make up more excuses. Come on, as paying customers why can you not give us this option of GTN integration?

6 minutes ago, gear up and off said:

How disappointing, you tell us that you cannot integrate the RXP units because developers wont respond to your requests, but Flight1 will, and you make up more excuses. Come on, as paying customers why can you not give us this option of GTN integration?

That was during the development of the Twotter, when Flight1 came up with the GTNs the development was over since more than a year.

It's always amazing how different the approaches to such topics are from different developers.

Aerosoft seems to only see the money side. Others like A2A or Majestic, just an example, keep their planes up to date on a rather frequent basis. Adding more features, fine-tuning flight dynamics, fixing bugs. Even rather old product are still getting their updates. This keeps customers attracted to the company and helps selling new products, because when the support for old addons is still great, it will also be the case for the new releases. And you know what? I am gratefully paying a bit more to get a plane which isn't a hangar queen after a year because it won't integrate with new avionics or stuff like that.

What really bothers me on this topic isn't the fact that I can't use my GTN in the Twotter- actually I can, having it undocked at my touchmonitor. What really bothers me is the sheer unwillingness to keep an older addon alive. This is a shame, because the Twotter itself is a good addon! And this makes me think, if I should get any more AS planes (except Marcel Felde's, of course), if they are forgotten after 6 months when the major bugs are fixed.

To keep products alive, keeps customers happy- and happy customers happily buy new addons. While I am happy with the Twotter, as I got what I paid for, I still will rethink buying any more 'niche' addons from AS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2015, 1:27:34, MatzeH84 said:

It's always amazing how different the approaches to such topics are from different developers.

Aerosoft seems to only see the money side. Others like A2A or Majestic, just an example, keep their planes up to date on a rather frequent basis. Adding more features, fine-tuning flight dynamics, fixing bugs. Even rather old product are still getting their updates. This keeps customers attracted to the company and helps selling new products, because when the support for old addons is still great, it will also be the case for the new releases. And you know what? I am gratefully paying a bit more to get a plane which isn't a hangar queen after a year because it won't integrate with new avionics or stuff like that.

What really bothers me on this topic isn't the fact that I can't use my GTN in the Twotter- actually I can, having it undocked at my touchmonitor. What really bothers me is the sheer unwillingness to keep an older addon alive. This is a shame, because the Twotter itself is a good addon! And this makes me think, if I should get any more AS planes (except Marcel Felde's, of course), if they are forgotten after 6 months when the major bugs are fixed.

To keep products alive, keeps customers happy- and happy customers happily buy new addons. While I am happy with the Twotter, as I got what I paid for, I still will rethink buying any more 'niche' addons from AS.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/problem-with-gtn-750-version-113_topic53985.html

Hope this helps

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2015, 11:32:07, mopperle said:

And for what exactly did you pay in this case?

Exactly, for nothing.

;)

Then do as others like Milviz does and charge for an avionics upgrade. I would gladly pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dirk,

I also thought what a wonderful addition the GTN would be. I tried the link at Post Nr. 130 and got it to work. BUT: it's much to small, it's 1000 times better to use the F1 GTN in a pop up window.

So for me, no need to integrate the GTN in the Twin Otter anymore.

Hey Werner,

i also test the link now. Its ok, but if the GTN would be implemeted like in the Comanche 250 from A2A, the Screen would be not too small and you do not need the pop up window so often.

Greatings

Dirk

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this is a long thread ... put my vote in for GTN 750 integration in VC ... not a fan of the popup.

Thought about doing my own hack, but that would violate all kinds of EULAs ... willing to pay also.

Cheers, Rob.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not flown this lovely aircraft since getting the GTN750 a couple months ago simple because I can no longer sim without the 750! At least for my GA flights! This has left me quite saddened as the Twin Otter is one heck of a craft! Please make this a reality! I will pay full price again for the Twin Otter if full VC GTN750 compatibility was introduce!

This image is from google but imagine this beautiful stack in-sim! :clapping_s:

Please login to display this image.

On 15.11.2014 at 22:06, Finn sagte:

This is how I sugest it could be done:

PLEASE NOTE !!!

This is only my personal suggestion and not something that is planned or agreed upon with Aerosoft.

I cannot promise that it ever will happen !

The reason is not unwillingness, but it will take some developer resources, and these must be availabe, as well as somehow someone need to pay for it.

So it´s not something that will be done for only a handfull of customers who shows interest.

Upper screenshot is my suggestion for the GTN 750 and the lower how it looks currently.

Note that the old transponder can be removed together with the Audio selector, since they are integrated in the GTN 750.

Twot_GTN750.jpg

Finn

@Finn

please could you show us the panel.cfg for your suggestion or is this picture solution made by photoshop or something else?

thx

• 1 month later...

hi, since a330 vc model process it seems to be near ending, will aerosoft reconsider to released unless a pay ware option to integrate the GTN GPS? its seems to be amazing! and im know that many users will pay for it. only in my small VA we count 15 pilots o 25 that would pay for it! the GTN RULES and for VA imagine how could be use the twin with sids and stars

Archived