Twin otter extended and F1 GTN

Nirgal76

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own the Twotter Extended, and I would pay a little premium to be able to integrate the GTN. So count me as a yay!

I would too, if the price is ok.. Let's say around 5€ extra. I am also a bit spoiled by A2As amazing customer support regarding frequent updates for old products..

Dear Finn, your Twotter is a masterpiece, lovely to fly, absolutely realistic, flight dynamics, avionics, systems behaviours, very accurate interior and exterior model, icing effects, engines torque, etc etc, if the integration would be possible, it would be something out of the planet. Please, any chance you be encouraging the team to, at least consider a tiny pause on the Airbus developing to get the integration working on? I am definitely convinced that it would be a good investment too, if you charge about 10 dollars to get the update and many many pilots, I swear, will be getting the package, and many pilots will purchase the plane for the first time, because of the IFR improvement, whereas with the default GPS many pilots consider it unflyable. Finn, thank you for ever and for your talent, man.

Cheers,

Raul Aubele.

+1

• Deputy Sheriffs

To make something clear again: the A330 project will definitely not be delayed to fullfill the wishes of a few users. And yes, compared to the total numbers of users of the Twinotter, the people requesting the GTN integration are only a handful.

While I personally would like to see the F1 GTN integrated with the Twin Otter, I also go with Mopperle to say that postponing the A330 is not possible.

I count 42 different people who have posted in this thread. Not that this is to be regarded as the total number of people interested in having it done, but still it doesn't seem to be overwhelming.

The Twin Otter is now more than 1.5 year old and we know from othet projects that sales are expected to increade noticable even if we do add such an upgrade.

Maybe after the A330, should there be a vacuum for the 3d modeller, but to be honest I fully understand Aerosofts standpoint on this.
They have employees to feed and a business to run if they want to continue surviving and therefor need to put there money where it makes most sense.

While I do find that the GTN would enhance the Twin Otter it's still wrong to call it a show stopper not to have.

The Twin Otter is the perfect aircraft for bush flying learning the skills of VFR or old style navigation using VOR's and NDB's.
While the features of the F1 GTN are lightyears away from the default FSX GPS shipped with the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extemded, the default GPS is still not useless.

The 2D version if the GRN can easily be added to the Twin Ottet, though I agree that it isn't perfect.

Finn

To make something clear again: the A330 project will definitely not be delayed to fullfill the wishes of a few users. And yes, compared to the total numbers of users of the Twinotter, the people requesting the GTN integration are only a handful.

Well a handful but all very loyal and steadfast Aerosoft supporters!

While I do find that the GTN would enhance the Twin Otter it's still wrong to call it a show stopper not to have.

The Twin Otter is the perfect aircraft for bush flying learning the skills of VFR or old style navigation using VOR's and NDB's.

While the features of the F1 GTN are lightyears away from the default FSX GPS shipped with the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extemded, the default GPS is still not useless.

Finn

We fly one of the largest twin otter fleets, only 1 has 2 430W's with WAAS capability in it and a couple don't even have de-ice capability. Not one of our airplanes have an autopilot/yaw damper.

Today, we flew 2+ hrs in constant IMC + moderate ice + turbulence which included an approach down to 210' mins in 14 gusting 22 with a 30-40 degree crosswind. With an MEL for the ONE 430 GPS database because it was expired, still usable and legal but we had to validate each waypoint, location, frequency in our flight plan. Then we had to get home too.

Heck we still have 30 pounds of manuals and charts with us in the airplane, Aircraft Operating Manual, Flight Ops Manual, Aircraft Flight Manual, VFR charts, BIG leather binder of Jepp charts, yellow 1" binder of jepp view plates for common airports, MEL book, Sandel TAWS/TCAS manual...etc. We can't use IPADs in flight as electronic flight bags either.

Long ramble to say, use what you have as a learning tool. Try flying it like we do and you will become a supremely sharper pilot.

If you ask me, I'd love to find a way to make the Reality XP ST3400XP work in FSX since we have it in our fleet.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Long ramble to say, use what you have as a learning tool. Try flying it like we do and you will become a supremely sharper pilot.

Thanks Mike, you hit the nail on the head. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Heck we still have 30 pounds of manuals and charts with us in the airplane, Aircraft Operating Manual, Flight Ops Manual, Aircraft Flight Manual, MEL book, Sandel TAWS/TCAS manual...etc.

Now THAT would be interesting to have some pdf's of B)

(hint hint)

Well well, no more words to say from my side, this topic can be closed now, RealAir, A2A, etc etc, could make this possible, ashamed the Twotter could have been achieved this level, many serious developers continuously makes updates to their projects like Majestic software, they do not win money but they win PRESTIGE. :byesad_s:...

Ashamed, really??? The twotter is a great plane. You have a finished product. You asked for more and were told that it would be cost prohibited. Aerosoft is a business, they have employees and bills to pay like all companies. Get real.......

Trachemys....

Please also consider the pricetag on those addons You mention.

Also note that those addons only comes with one aurcraft version, while the Twin Otter comes with 11.

All those 11 versions would need the "GTN treatment".

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to confirm guys, we are not opening this project at this moment. Commercially it just does not make sense, the costs would far exceed the additional sales.

Well, to be honest, I like the GTN 750 a lot, but for now I manage perfectly with the 2D pop-up of the GTN, it is also easier to read and does not eat frames.

If I would have to choose on what to spend the next available resources, I'd say "Beaver Extended"! B)

Why is guys that when i bring up the 2D pop up and want to slide it up on my 2nd monitor it's black-just blank ?. And it's the case with all pop up's

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why is guys that when i bring up the 2D pop up and want to slide it up on my 2nd monitor it's black-just blank ?. And it's the case with all pop up's

Don't hijack others topics. Use the search function or open your own topic.

It's a pity, but understandable from a commercial standpoint. Ok, let's move on, nothing to see here anymore :-)

Bummer ok, I will go fly the A2A planes where developers are making GTN750 available for 172 and 182 etc etc etc, and please note; in real live in 99.9% of cessna's the 750 is also not installed but that does not mean the developer now refuse to have it installed - to force us to fly it like in Real live. ( Exact same as in capt crash circumstances. Just becuase it is not installed in his fleet, we should now rather "fly it like he is doing it". - nothing against Capt Crash - I am merely using it to illustrate a point.)

Was good but it seems the fat lady gave her last song.

as a principle. I uninstalled - > and is moving on.

While I would like to see the GTN in the Twin Otter too, I still find it weird if it´s really the option to add the GTN or not, that makes the difference wether an addon is worth flying or not.

But it´s offcourse up to You.

Finn

Hi Guys,

I was looking to buy Twin Otter, but I wanted to checkout for GTN support and I found this...

Just to let you know that new customers still interested for "old" products as long as they remain great products. :)

I hope that support will come in the future.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

While I would like to see the GTN in the Twin Otter too, I still find it weird if it´s really the option to add the GTN or not, that makes the difference wether an addon is worth flying or not.

But it´s offcourse up to You.

Finn

Just in case someone would like to do a GTN retrofit... not perfect in the GNS frame... but it does work:

Try:

[VCockpit01]
//gauge10=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL/Panel/TW_GPS!GPS_530vc3D, 4,4,332,248
gauge10=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 4, -50, 332, 300, UNIT1

And, if you want to get rid of the HSI red flag:

In the VC model, find all instances of GPS IS FLIGHT PLAN, and change to GPS IS WAY POINT

Example

Please login to display this image.

Archived