Twin otter extended and F1 GTN

Nirgal76

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G´day folks,

just made the step to get the GTN 750 for P3D2. I also have the Mindstar but the F1 GTN 750 is way more advance and i like it a lot. So count me in to pay for an GTN integration into the T Otter which is one of my most fav planes in my hangar.

I found this page where people integrate the 750 into VC´s. Ok these are interims solution but i will give it a try when im back

home. The T Otter is somewhere in the middle of that page.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-in-vc-panel_topic49354_page2.html

Greetz

MJ

• 4 weeks later...

Add me in I would pay extra for an upgrade. I have realityXP now but am thinking about upgrading to the GNS750 from Flight1.

Does anyone have a configuration to would add the 750 into then panel of the twin otter? Would be interested inseeing it.

Add me in I would pay extra for an upgrade. I have realityXP now but am thinking about upgrading to the GNS750 from Flight1.

Does anyone have a configuration to would add the 750 into then panel of the twin otter? Would be interested inseeing it.

I recall seeing one either in the AVSIM, or in the F1 GTN forums.

The GTN is most definatly a very recommendable addition, so if I'd be you I'd go for it!

Probably a month or two of work for two full time developers (keep in mind we have to test all the AP, COMs, etc. with it and have to include the possibility of additional work on them again). You can imagine the costs yourself then.

Why talk of "reconsidering" it though? We never said we dropped the idea of it, however right now all our developers are busy. Stefan (who would have to do the VC part) is currently on the A330. Once that is finished we'll see if the we have the time to look into this.

We do hear You and personally I would like this to ahppen too.

But as Emi stated - Stefan the 3D modeller is very busy on another project and without him it won´t really happen.

And again some tough thoughts needs to be made on this before any kind of decision wil be made.

Finn

Thank you Finn, no matter the time we would have to be waiting, but is a fact it will be integrated someday?

It´s not a fact !

It´s still under consideration, thats all I can say for now.

Finn

OK. I really don't think that this is such a big problem. The thing about making a big deal over creating a 3d button effect for the GTN 750 is rather senseless. After all this gauge is pretty 2d anyway.

Therefor, let's just make a few rather simple mods to the panel.cfg files VC cockpit and add a pop up window

If we are doing it, then it will be done the right way, though no shortcutting using flat 2D panels, that's history.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well.... Just to mention... A2A released an update today... The "old" C172 as well as the Cherokee has now the integration for GTN750, without extracosts....!

And ?

I think we told that we are still considering it, but developer ressources are not available at this time.

There is also a certain price difference between those products.

Let´s see what the future brings.

Finn

If You look closely to the top most pinned posts, then You will see that yesterday Hotfix 4 was released for both the FSX and P3D V2 version, so support for the Twin Otter has not been disbanded.

I still hope that we some time in the future can get the F1 GTN 750 integrated, but as I said - resources are not available at this time.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for GTN integration!

The awesome Twin Otter and the best navigation tool in simworld, they HAVE to stay together :-)

Thank you for not entirely outruling the inegration, maybe sometime there is some time and resources for it.

Greetings

Archived