A little disappointed at inappropriate traffic

In the sim's "Classic" mode I pulled up Whiteman Airport in Pacoima, CA, a little mom-and-pop field with runway length/width of 4120 x 75 feet. There is no ILS and the IFR approach is suitable for GA aircraft only. Imagine my surprise, then, when the first aircraft I was asked to line up for a landing was this Boeing 788 Dreamliner. I understand that the sim is based on much larger airports with multiple IFR approaches and procedures but I installed the Faase database in the hope that this sort of anomaly would not occur. Can anyone explain or comment? Thank you!

Some airlines, and therefore aircraft, are not assigned to any airports and spawn at any given airport that can handle them. In Faase database all minimum runway lengths for Dreamliners are given in meters instead of feet which causes them to land and takeoff at small airfields.

You can fix that on your own. Simply go to your documents folder navigate to Aerosoft\GATC\AircraftFiles and edit xml files B783, B788 and B789 and change <min_runway> tag value from meters to feet by simply multiplying it by 3.3

As far as I can see only these aircraft are affected.

Thanks for reporting it as no one noticed it by far ;)

Archived