Installing the Peter Faase data base

I'm very impressed with this sim and, being a realism nut, eager to install this enhanced database. A couple of quick questions about that before I do:

i. I assume it will not present compatibility problems when Steam auto-installs updates because all the data goes in the user file but I may be mistaken...

ii. Will the published scenarios, including the excellent Gatwick tutorials, work with this different database?

iii. I noticed there is a "restore original files" (or something like that) button in the sim. Will this replace the new database with the old one?

Thanks again for a product that will surely gladden the hearts of hard-core sim-nuts everywhere.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I don't have a clue for the first or de last question since i have the original Aerosoft version and not the Steam version, perhaps Matthijs can give you some advice in that.

I think the basic tutorials will work, you will only get other planes then expected. My database is based on real world data, with the codeshare flights in it. So it can happen that you see an aircraft that is not in the fleet of the operator but flies under the codeshare flag.

Cheers,

Peter

1. Your files will be overwritten. When you first started Steam version of GATC you seen a window asking to install database files. The same window will pop up after updates and will overwrite your files in Documents\Aerosoft\GATC. To avoid this simply backup that folder, do the update and copy old folder over the new one. Other solution is to go to your Steam games location, find GATC folder and rename DocumentsFolderContents.zip file to DocumentsFolderContents_bak.zip. GATC won't attempt to install databases to Documents folder.

2. All scenarios should work with new database as it covers previous airlines and aircraft and adds new ones.

3. Yes, the option to restore original files will overwrite any changes made to Documents\Aerosoft\GATC location given that you didn't rename DocumentsFolderContents.zip from point 1 above.

Archived