LCD Monitor question??

seahawk09

Well that's about the fastest you can get, but I think more important is image quality, I'm thinking especially of color (especially skin tones look wrong on many TFTs). But I guess a 2ms monitor comes from a good brand ...

Yeah, but the question is - do we really need 2ms? Do you sea a noticable difference compared with an 8ms lcd screen?

No, and it depends on how they measure the response rate. There actually is no industry standard for the measurement. It's jsut another one of those `features` that have very little real-world impact that get seized on by technophiles to try and prove their technological knowledge is superior to yours and mine, but in reality just proves they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

The advice is: ALWAYS try an LCD Monitor in the shop with an equivalent to the apps you're going to run it on at home. Ask the shop to install FS prior to your arrival, and follow a test schedule. remembering you are testing visual quality of the monitor, not the visuals in-game. You want to test brightness, contrast, and the variation between light and dark. Make sure you use FS at night. Is the sky dark? Use it in bright high sunshine in summer - is it bright enough?

If they can't or won't do that, only buy a moniitor with a full money back no-quibble guarantee so that you can try ot on your rig before you finally are committed.

With that all said, most LCD's are more than capable of dealing with FS these days. Ghosting of the image isn't a problem at the fps and refresh rates we actually play at. What is important is the colour definition and the contrast. And to check that you really need to use your computer, your graphic card, and your settings.

Hope this helps!