Passenger capacity A321 ?

walter1158

Made a Flight with Finnair A321 CFM, .. the Fuelplanner shows max Passenger 186, the right MCDU gives a capacity to 220 Passengers --- the Loading procedure stuck at the amount of 147 Passengers ???

post-35923-0-41170500-1415705813_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

We changed the max pax to 220 in the R MCDU for people who want to fly "unusual" but still realistic pax number configurations. The default remains at 186 like in the fuelplanner.

We changed the max pax to 220 in the R MCDU for people who want to fly "unusual" but still realistic pax number configurations. The default remains at 186 like in the fuelplanner.

..beautiful..., and why is the A321 ending Load Procedure at 147 Passengers?

Please have a look into the StepbyStep guide (page 35) where it says: But it is also possible to enter the data for PAX, CARGO and FUEL manually (within the limits according to the model used – for pax those limits are A318 = 132, A319 = 156, A320 = 180 and A321 = 220).

Regards,

Rolf

I currently have the same issue, with the A321 CFM Air Berlin. The passenger loading is stuck at 147.

I attached a screenshot from the Fuel Planner with the settings I used. I clicked on Generate Loadsheet and used Init Loadsheet on the right MCDU, then started all three loading processes simultaneously. The only thing I did in the meantime was setting up the left MCDU.

post-103527-0-40359000-1415822763_thumb.

post-103527-0-91402500-1415822780_thumb.

..and how to calculate now the Fuel for 132 Pax via FuelPlanner who´s end at 107 Pax for the 318 ??

Passengers are also considered as weight e. g. 107 x 84 kg/person = 8.988 kg total. The 84 kg /passenger includes on-board luggage. And this is the "standard" considered in the fuelplanner. But some low cost airlines "pack" the planes much tighter (especially in Asia where passengers a much smaller than in Europe) or/and restrict the on-board luggage which is weighted during check-in - and then considered as cargo. So if you want to use different passenger numbers you should also adjust the passenger weight - in your case to 68 kg/passenger.

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to change the passenger weight permanently? I am asking because I use an addon program with a different passenger weight. Page 35 of the step-by-step guide may suggest that this is not the case, but I am not sure if I am reading this correctly.

Thanks,

Peter

Is there a way to change the passenger weight permanently? I am asking because I use an addon program with a different passenger weight. Page 35 of the step-by-step guide may suggest that this is not the case, but I am not sure if I am reading this correctly.

Thanks,

Peter

Not sure about the fuelplanner, but you can change the paxweight in the right MCDUs options.

Of course you could also simply change the weight per passenger in your flight planner.

Hi Emi,

thanks for your quick reply. The fuel planner is not too important, but I have to remember to change the pax weight using

Right MCDU -> Load/Fuel -> Setup

every time I load the plane :) It would be convenient to set the weight in some configuration file, for instance.

I am not sure I understand you remarks regarding the options, I looked through it and couldn't find a related option.

The program I am using is FSCaptain, not a flight planner. The weight could be changed there, but if I want to compare my flight results with other people I have to keep the weight at 170 lbs.

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

Hi Rolf,

thanks for the information. However, even without the option to permanently change the pax weight I will continue to thoroughly enjoy this plane. Thanks so much for developing such a great Airbus model.

Peter

Archived