Fix Page Radials and Circles how to guide

Ilya1998

Good day everyone!

I have another question :P

In the preview topic where the testers and developpers gave is a lot of pics and vids I often saw some (blue) dashes circles on the ND.

I've found an example of it:

3_zpsebce919c.jpg

Maybe there is information about this in the Documentation? Because I couldn't find anything..

If not, could someone please tell me what it actually is: What is the actual name of the circles? How do you enable them? And for what do you use it?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Ilya

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Ilya,

when you have a FPLN inserted, just go to one of the waypoints and press the Line Select Key (LSK) to the left of that waypoint. You are now in the Lateral revision page and there is an option called FIX INFO. now press the LSK next to that.

Now you can insert an VOR/NDB/AIRPORT/RUNWAY/WP as fix and define a circle or/and a radial. You have multiple pages so you can also define more than one fix.

Hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...

Let me just add a couple of pics, as this topic might be referred to more often in the future:

Fixes (example is: 27 DME arc NIZ):

Your trusty Aerosoft Airbus allows for entering a variety of fix types, to help increasing your situational awareness, monitor and/or back up your approaches, and help to make comprehensive decisions. For example, when setting up your approach into Nice (LFMN, comp. the tutorial flight in the step-by-step guide), you could enter the NIZ VOR as a fix, let your ND draw an arc around this fix that will overlay, and can be compared to, the DME arc to be flown during your approach between the IAF (Initial Approach Fix) and the interception of the localizer. By that means, the FMGS calculations and guidance will be backed up by "raw data", that is the signal from a navaid on Terra Firma. A malfunction of the FMGC during that approach leg, or any fault in the underlying navdata, should then be discovered quickly.

In order to accomplish that, press the LSK to the left of an upcoming waypoint. The LAT REV (LATeral REVision) page will be displayed, where you can choose FIX INFO ...,

post-63814-0-68163700-1416596228_thumb.j

which in turn brings up the FIX INFO page.

post-63814-0-06689400-1416596225_thumb.j

Enter the identifier (name) of your fix (NIZ in our example), if necessary choose the correct waypoint from a list of suggestions, and enter the required distance from that fix (27 nm in our example) in the appropriate field.

post-63814-0-46931900-1416596221_thumb.j

A blue arc will be displayed on your Navigation Display as soon as you are "in range" ...,

post-63814-0-93068000-1416596217_thumb.j

and this arc will be superimposed over the green 27 DME arc from your approach.

post-63814-0-51828100-1416596214_thumb.j

There are tons of situations where this feature can be put to good use, but the general procedure of "fiddling in the fixes" hopefully has become clear already.

Cpt. Lonestar: Thanks for the tutorial.

PikalaxALT: Yes, it is the Airbus way of doing the same thing. In my experience, the Boeing CDU is a lot more user friendly, you don't have to drill down into the menus so much!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could someone explain the abeam function in detail, please?

Should work (I haven't checked in AirbusX yet) like this:

3.4. How to recall ATC abeam a point
If ATC request to report abeam a specific point (e.g. LUC), use DIRETC TO function
o DIRECT TO
o LUC
o Choose abeam
Use the FIX INFO function (Lateral Revision on FROM POINT 1st point), then a point and
a bearing (maximum 5 abeam allowed)
o FIX INFO (LAT REV FROM)
o Scratch Pad : TOU
o Scratch Pad : 180°
I've found this FMS Quick start document: http://www.niceflight.free.fr/private/04_A320FMSQuickStart.pdf
Cheers,
Sabre.

Archived