Different landing lights?

andyc565

Hi,

Tried a couple of landings with the new A320 now and in both I couldn't help but notice the landing lights do seem very different to the Airbus extended in fsx.

For starters the colour seems a more subtle white rather than the harsher almost light blue light previously used, and perhaps this subtle difference adds to the next odd thing which is the texture, the shader seems a little worse than before and a lot less smooth. One defining feature of the Airbus extended which put it ahead of the pmdg 777 was the landing lights, and it may be that during the uninstall of the Airbus extended a shader setting somewhere changed in my settings but seems unlikely.

Also, now the landing lights rise up as you approach the ground and this does not seem to vary with pitch but rather altitude whereas previously again the runway lights would come down from the end of the runway and moved with pitch I believe anyway.

Small point I may be a one off case but was the landing light change intentional or is there even a difference?

Many thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are correct. The landing lights are different from the AXE. They are the same as with the A318/318, totally redone compared to the AXE.

Hope it helps

You are correct. The landing lights are different from the AXE. They are the same as with the A318/318, totally redone compared to the AXE.

Hope it helps

Ahh that explains it yes, thanks!

Though my opinion moment, I did massively prefer the airbus extended lights, the new landing lights seem a big step back to me personally.

• Aerosoft

Out of interest, is there a way of going back to the airbus extended landing lights with the new A320?

Many thanks.

No, they are baked into the MDL files. The new ones behave a lot better in some of the more problematic conditions.

Archived