Pilot is now rude, and also pushback bug

S_D

Enjoying the A321 so far. :)

However, I noticed a couple of things.

Firstly the pilot calling for the after start and before take off check lists no longer says 'please' at the end (British sound set). This isn't a problem in itself, but the sound files have been cut so it sounds rather off the way his sentence is truncated, rather than having a 'new' recording.

The other thing I noticed is that for a 9m pushback (same as I use in the A319 for example) the turning circle is a lot bigger, so I end up on the grass. This is at Aerosoft's new EGLL, stand 512. It's like the 'steering angle' for the pushback is the same, so that with a longer wheel base the end position is different... A319 will end up dead on the taxi 'line' if I recall correctly...?

Thanks!

Simon

Edit to say after takeoff check list was the same.... no 'please' and a truncated sound. I confirmed it's not the sim, but the actual sound files that are like this.

The removal of the 'pleases' and 'thanks' was at the request of Aerosoft - there was feedback that the original calls sounded a little unprofessional and over-familiar.

Whilst we've all seen the ITVV Cockpit DVDs of the "nice old chaps" like Captain Dave Henry, and F/O Normal Port, in most of today's cockpit environments, you won't hear many pleases and thank yous. Not because the pilots are rude - but because they are doing a heavily repetitive job, and also because sticking to more simple conventions, like just saying "Before Start Checkist" reduces the opportunity for misunderstandings and miscommunication.

....., rather than having a 'new' recording.

The Std set is indeed all new recordings (recorded last week). But the shorter phrasing does indeed shorten the audio file length, which could be causing some phrases to sound very close to eachother.

Perhaps the Dev Team can look at the trigger timings for the audio playback, to see if they can be tweaked so that the audio interaction is a little more 'apart' ?

Hi David,

Thanks for your comprehensive answer.

I note that you're talking about the standard sound set. I'm using the British PF and PnF set, and have dug out the actual sound files in windows explorer and played them in media player... It definitely sounds in there like they're cut, rather than re-recorded (although I concede that the standard set sound better in this regard (although I'm accessing my home computer remotely from the office)).

I'll have a play with the audio when I get home...

So two questions:

Were all the sets re-recorded, just the standard one?

Would it have any impact if I brought over the British PF and PnF files over from the A318/9? I'm not worried about the over-familiarity so much, but don't want to break timings etc....

Thanks!

Simon

The other thing I noticed is that for a 9m pushback (same as I use in the A319 for example) the turning circle is a lot bigger, so I end up on the grass. This is at Aerosoft's new EGLL, stand 512. It's like the 'steering angle' for the pushback is the same, so that with a longer wheel base the end position is different... A319 will end up dead on the taxi 'line' if I recall correctly...?

Hi Simon,

PUSHBACK is another topic and does not belong into this category. Please open a new thread in MCDU RIGHT (ADD INNS) and I assure you that you will get a detailed answer......

Regards,

Rolf

Archived