"Non-moving" versions of PFD/ND, ECAMS and MCDU

Hi Mathijs and other Development Staff,

I'm building a sim cockpit based on your terrific A320, using a "scenery" PC linked to a "flying" PC.

On the "flying" PC, I have the PFD/ND on a separate landscape screen, the ECAMs on a portrait screen and the left MCDU on a portrait screen, with a 4th screen for the VC.

The biggest problem encountered to date concerns the so-called "momentum effect", in which changes of heading cause the PFD/ND etc to slowly move around the screens.

I know this is an FSX problem, not an Aerosoft problem, but perhaps you can help....

I have tried all the fixes discussed on many forums regarding setting the [DHM] parameters to 0 (and to 0.0 and to -0.0 just in case FSX had a numeric parsing problem) and setting all "MomentumEffect=" lines to FALSE (and to No and to 0, just in case!!) and there's still the slow movement of about +/- 10% of the screen, in any direction.

I wonder if your team has considered producing versions of these three gauges based on the "Cockpit" rather than the VC? If that stops the movement, I'm sure hundreds of cockpit builders would switch to your product!

As a second approach, what would be involved in moving all the panels and gauges aft, to the position of the CG? I can move the eypoint around easily enough, but there doesn't seem to be any "main panel" position data in any config file, so I assume it's part of your MDL file.

Eagerly awaiting your thoughts,

BB.

Archived