IAE engine wonderful..EGT a bit strange..

Andrea1

Hi,

I'd like to your staff for IAE engine improvements and realism.

You know, it's very difficult to realize a good simulation of a turbofan engine..

It's a terrible "non-linear machine" very difficult to simulate, its parameters depending on the infamous "compressor map" a curve, typical of each compressor giving i.e. corrected air massflow "sucked" by the engine vs corrected N1, compression ratios (compressor outlet pressure to compressor inlet pressure) vs.corrected N1% etc.

You can aproximate that by building "polynominal equations" (or "Matrix" systems) by starting by real values (i.e. using 7 or 8 corrected N1% vs. corrected airflow points etc.etc.) but it's really a difficult and time-consuming process...not easy at all and you need a lot of (realistic) data to approximate it...

But you succede in giving us a realistic model of that engine (and I'm looking forward, being an Easyjet costumer in real life, for the new CFM56 engine model...)

I've some doubt only with an IAE engine parameters (but it may be a choice not an issue): EGT, in fact in A318/9 IAE model EGT is very strange: at ground idle (ISA condition MSL) is about 410°C and rises just at 470-480° at takeoff rating. Naturally in real engine cannot be a difference from ground idle (i.e. 58-60% N2) to takeoff power (85-90%) of just 70 degrees (470-410) infact it seems to remember by an ITV videotape regarding a IAE V2500 equipped A320 that it was ranging from 250°-300° idle to 450-500° in takeoff range (but I can't verify not having a tape video-recorder anymore..

Maybe that could be just a choice to simplify and use only one "equation" (EGT minimum on the gauge) in the AIR file..I don't know...

Keep me informed...

Ciao

Andrea Buono

"Keep in mind this is a mid priced products..."

Hi Mathijs,

You're right! But you're guilty: your A318/9 is so realistic (I'm using a real Airbus Training manual and FCOM for "refreshing" nowadays) that I've forgot that it's a mid priced product.... :excellenttext_s:

Looking forward for your new A320...(just the time to delete the old one...)

Best Regards

Andrea

Archived