Removing Airbus Extended

• Aerosoft

Before installing the A320/A321 that will replace your Airbus Extended you will need to remove that old version. This is needed to avoid conflicts with aircraft names. It's best to use this series of steps to install the new A320/A321:

1. Save any files you want to keep, flight plans etc.
  2. Uninstall the A320/A321 Extended using the standard uninstaller
  3. Check if there are left overs and manually delete these folders when you find them:
    - FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\Airbus X Extended
    - FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes all folders starting with "Aerosoft Airbus X* There should be 9
  4. Reboot your system, log in with Admin rights
  5. Disable your virus scanner as some incorrectly flag a file as a trojan (believe us, it's safe)
  6. Install the A320/A321
  7. Reactivate the virus scanner
  8. Reboot your system
  9. Defrag your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD!)

If you want to re-install liveries please read this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87692-installing-airbus-extended-liveries/

Before installing the A320/A321 that will replace your Airbus Extended you will need to remove that old version. This is needed to avoid conflicts with aircraft names. It's best to use this series of steps to install the new A320/A321:

3. Check if there are left overs and manually delete these folders when you find them:

- FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes all folders starting with "Aerosoft Airbus X* There should be 9

5. Disable your virus scanner as some incorrectly flag a file as a trojan (believe us, it's safe)
  6. Install the A320/A321
  8. Reboot your system

If you want to re-install liveries please read this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87692-installing-airbus-extended-liveries/

for step 9, i guess you mean if FSX or P3D is installed on an SSD we should not defrag right ? because i have my windows on an SSD but FSX is on an SSHD (solid state hybrid drive, writing at 7200 rpm HDD speed and reading at nearly SSD speed)

• Aerosoft

for step 9, i guess you mean if FSX or P3D is installed on an SSD we should not defrag right ? because i have my windows on an SSD but FSX is on an SSHD (solid state hybrid drive, writing at 7200 rpm HDD speed and reading at nearly SSD speed)

Right, no need to defrag those.

Hi

I am just want to buy an airbus 320

Could u tell me whats the latest version?i am little confused between a320/321 and airbus x extended.

If i tried to buy the bundle it says no airbus 320/321 included?

Thx

So one more question

The bundle that includes the a318/319 +320/321 if i buy now they will provide me the a320/321 part when it is released?

Thx

6. Install the A320/A321
  8. Reboot your system

Please clarify from above:-

3. You say there should be 9. I only have 5 (i.e. A320 x2 A321 x 2 + Extended =5) Is this a problem when I uninstall in preparation for installing the new A320/1 ??

4. I thought log in with Admin rights referred to when actually installing a new programme not immediately after rebooting? I'm confused.

Regards

Archived