A318/319 IAE Startup sound Loops before spool up

asegm08

Ive noticed today and have replicated several times that the IAE sound is not starting up in the timeframe that the crank is starting. The crank sound starts and then it finishes then you can hear the sound for the cranking restart and on that second cycle the engine starts. It really is unrealistic as it basically goes to the 2nd crank sound and then all of a sudden it quite and a few seconds later you hear the engine spool. It sounds as if the sounds where not created for this aircraft as if the crank times where not calculated for the spool up times. This is with SP1 and it was on P3D. It was only the IAE version that I noticed this in. The CFM version seems to work fine.

Hi there,

I have also noticed this issue too only during IAE engine start (CFM works fine). I can confirm with asegm08 also, it seems to happen at around 7.4-7.6% N1. The sound cuts out with a speaker crackle sound and then the crank startup sound loops and you cant hear the spool properly. I also noticed that it seems to happen when the STS flashes on the ecam and then the N1 drops and jumps up again its like it cuts out (that would explain the looping maybe?). I have tried using different sounds just to test if it was soundset related but the whole ecam jolts with the STS flashing and the N1 % drops down and then jumps back up. I think it could be a coding error or related to ecam. Thought I was the only one.

Did another flight today with the same result. I installed the latest hotfix and I continue to hear the same loop on the crank then on the second loop it starts but the spool up sound is silent so all you hear is silence and then an idle engine coming into life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to fix mine easily by doing two things; I have both CFM and IAE sets. I edited them with audacity to make the pre-combustion .wav last longer, and did a small edit to the .air file to make the engines combust normally without that weird stutter. If anyone wants guidance PM me.

The sounds actually work just fine, all I did was adjust the idle fuel flow vs cn2 i believe, and obviously a backup of the .air file would be advisable..

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is an AS present on this forum during the weekend but do realise it is weekend after all. I am guessing on Monday you will see more activity here.

Archived