Warning warning trojan is real !!! (no it is not, just the morons at McAfee think so)

Nev

Hi guys ,

Before any admin start denying this please read :.....

I have just spent ! hour in contact with BT Infinity support ok , they even took full access support of my computer by remote .

The anti virus package is BT Netplus Pro in association with Mc afee OK

Net plus will not allow Configurator EXE to run and instantly Quarantines the program in its vault , THERE IS NO GO AROUND OPTION !! Either

Bt say with checks from Mc afee and one of their tech support guys remotely using an checking my computer that its a virus END OF STORY !!

Ball in your court Aerosoft

There is no way that Bt Net plus or Mc afee are going to let this through SORRY !!

Any suggestions ???

Neville

Well, we checked the file again, but it definatly contains no trojan.

There is a rather simple reason why several different programs may think it is one though:

Probably some files in the Airbus got a similar or partly the same code as a real trojan has. If the Anti Virus programs are then checking for this kind of code they will issue a false positive.

The fact that there may be code included that is similar to a trojan does however NOT mean that it has a negative impact on your system!
The Configurator has to change some files in a way that may be similar to the way files are changed by a virus/trojan or whatever your Anti Virus thinks the configurator is (only files belonging to the Airbus itself are changed though and NO other files on your computer are affected by the configurator).

That don't solve my/us using Bt Infinity which I may add comes with Bt netplus pre installed ,

I agree I don't believe aerosoft wud launch this plane ect with a Trojan !! Just try an convince Bt / Mc afee from your end pls because I have just tried for an hour " AND FAILED "

To them an their records its a Trojan Sorry

Neville

Emi

I agree with your statement totally , unfortunately BT and Mc afee don't !!!

so the moment I try to run the config exe whoosh !! quarantined

ITS A NO WIN ISSUE !!

The only way I can access the config is turn off anti virus " kind of not recommended " yeah

Turn anti back on after using config Whoooooosh

Its a vicious an dangerous circle

Neville

Neville

We tried contacting the developers of these programs already, but we don't get any replies either. I'm sorry, but changing the configurator isn't an option either.

There is just one option what you can do:

Deactivate the Anti Virus during the installation and prior to that disable the scanning of the flight sim folder by your Anti Virus.

Well guys,

Its obv there is no answer to this suppose it comes from using Bt Infinity ( the fastest most expensive you can get here in England) an obviously the the most secure !!! they not gonna let this thru !!

By the way love the airbus its gr8 was gonna get the pmdg777 but chose this instead !!

Funny how pmdg products don't cause this kinda of problem when you down load them Eh !!

Topic closed guys

thanks

Neville

You don't seem to be reading the answers given by the team here. Either follow their simple instructions or like me use MSE for your AV. It's free and works as well as many payware AVs, which often slow your system down, plus MSE allows exceptions and it certainly improved the speed of my FS. Never had a problem with it. I wouldn't necessarily say that just because BT say it's a virus that it is. They are wrong sometimes.

Andrew

Emi ,

Thank for advice... honest tried that even stopping scan of folder result ,,, BT NETPLUS WARNNG.... "OPERATION NOT ALLOWED" thanks for your help guys seems " Im Stuffed " I think is the saying.

thanks guys If yous cant make an my impact an my hour on fone ect aint the those who run BT infinity and its virus package should at least benefit from our endeavours !!.. the next line is the holy grail on the matter , .......

BT and Mc affee aint gonna let this through Sorry

Neville

Ok, I feel sorry your Anti Virus doesn't let this through, but wouldn't you agree it's actually the job of the Anti Virus program developers to sort such issues out?

The Airbus clearly does not include a trojan, so if an Anti Virus falsely claims the program would contain a virus/trojan while there indeed is none, then it's clearly a bug in the Anti Virus, don't you agree?

Emi,

An hour on the fone and the odd prod from yous , you would think they would allow this thru , the answer is a definitive " NO " , sorry.... ive tried and failed sorry, may be if others jumped on the case "who knows !!" maybe just maybe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for all your advice

Neville

Just an observation. The first version of A319/318 McAfee did not have an issue with the config.exe nor did HotFix 1.01b. It was when HotFix 1.01c that the quarantine started for me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Neville,

I don't know BT Infinity. You say it's the most expensive and fasted one on the UK market. Well, that might be, but it clearly is not the best one. What do you have from all the money you've spent and a fast running AV if it doesn't allow you to configure exceptions?

It is useless to compare the Airbus configurator with PMDG by saying they never had such problems. Sooner or later EVERY software vendor does! It is a system immanent problem. AV looks for signatures of viruses or trojans. These signatures are code fragments that are part of such viruses or trojans. From time to time those code fragments also show up in other software, far away from being a virus or trojan. Just by chance they look similar, but nothing else!

There is actually nothing a software vendor can do about this, as this is a problem of the AV vendor generating a so called false positive.

Such false positives happen from time to time and the solution is to exclude the current program from scanning if you are sure it is clean.

As an AV vendor is not able to prevent such false positives (again, it's a system immanent problem) they at least have to give you the chance to get around their wrong detection.

To be honest, if they don't offer such a way they are not really worth the money you pay for them...

just my 2 cents...

I wouldn't have Macaffe on my system for free if it was given to me.
Fact is, what would Aerosoft , or any software company for that matter have to gain by planting viruses on your system for?

It would be for no monetary gain and loss of long-term revenue for what?

All antivirus programs have false positives at some stage.- trouble is that BT (I've dealt with them before) are not very savvy when it comes to specific issues. They are a call-centre with a specific script to follow when things go wrong.

It took me three months for them to change my broadband from a distance of less than 5 km away :(

• Aerosoft

Nev, basically McAfee is saying that we should fix something that is clearly not broken. They have been doing that for many years and it's one of the reasons that we advise everybody not to use it anymore. They lied to you or they are not able to identify a real treath to your system, there is no other option. I do not know what is worse, but if a company would do that to me I would never deal with them again.

There is just nothing we can do and McAfee can put the ball as often in our court as they want but that won't change it.

• Aerosoft

Check out the freeware versions of Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast! and Malwarebytes.

We always had excellent results with MSE. I fully understand that it is not the best in detection of the more exotic threats but as I don't travel the dangerous parts of the net I feel absolutely secure. It's very light on resources, excluding the FSX folder is a doddle and it has never (!) given us any false positive.

Rather than all this back and forth on whose to blame. It is obvious that the Configurer includes a a bit/byte pattern that is matches a Trojan by a number of the leading anti-virus suppliers on the market. On my system both Norton Anti-virus for Mac and Kasparov reports a Trojan and quarantine it.

Can I suggest Mathijs that the source code for this important utility be juggled around a little (ie. Move some of the function positions in the code to new positions)? The utility could then be recompiled/built and tested against the AV software. Hopefully the recompiled code will have a different, non-Trojan like signature. This is an Aerosoft issue not one for the AV Software producers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Aerosoft

Rather than all this back and forth on whose to blame. It is obvious that the Configurer includes a a bit/byte pattern that is matches a Trojan by a number of the leading anti-virus suppliers on the market. On my system both Norton Anti-virus for Mac and Kasparov reports a Trojan and quarantine it.

Can I suggest Mathijs that the source code for this important utility be juggled around a little (ie. Move some of the function positions in the code to new positions)? The utility could then be recompiled/built and tested against the AV software. Hopefully the recompiled code will have a different, non-Trojan like signature. This is an Aerosoft issue not one for the AV Software producers.

Yeah but... we got no idea what they detect so we would have to start a long cycle of try and test (nobody here uses that scanner so we would have to buy and install it) to find what they find offensive. After we found it we would have to test the resulting exe on Windows Vista/7/8, 32/64 bit, FSX/P3D, at least in German and English etc etc.

We are talking serious time, at least many days (and a delay for the release of A320/A321) and serious money here. AND WE DID NOTHING WRONG! They messed up, not we.

There is no virus/trojan. There is just a shitty virusscanner that thinks there is made by a company that is either lying to one of our customers or not able to detect a real problem. I am sorry if I am very undiplomatic here and use foul language, but s**** them.

Suspicious file sent to BullGuard Support, they found no virus, apologized and corrected the problem by updating.
This happened in the "first wave" of alarms.

João Alfredo

Archived