Manhattan and FSX

northtexas

Looking at that scenery, if that is the way most of the scenes will look on FSX, I'm staying with FS9!

Do remeber though, FS9 looked worse than tha when you first baught it, and thats a BETA.

Do remeber though, FS9 looked worse than tha when you first baught it, and thats a BETA.

I know it's a beta, that's why I said that IF, that is the way it will look on FSX, then I'm sticking with FS9.

Well I've seen other manhattan shots with a much higher scenery density which looked awesome. Of course, in FS9, we had a stock photo-texture, but maybe it's just not in the beta, or they left it out intentionally to get a more homogenic look ...

• Aerosoft
Looking at that scenery, if that is the way most of the scenes will look on FSX, I'm staying with FS9!

Well, we know MS use our Manhattan, so why should they spend a lot of work there?

But seriously, MS spend most time getting the autogen sceney a lot better because that covers 99% of the globe. Doing detailed scenery of specific places just does not make a lot of sense. People really need to start to understand that FSx is a platform, on OS for FS addons.

• Aerosoft
Mathijs, are you at liberty to comment on the original question? :D

Will Aerosoft's Manhattan work with FSX and do you have any plans to update this great scenery?

Ahhh, sorry, yes, an update (as in making it work) or an upgrade (getting new FSx compatible material in as well) is planned.

• 4 months later...

Bump!

Megascenery is going to release an FSX version of New York.

:)

It would be great to to have Aerisoft Manhatten (My first addon that introduced me to Aerosoft).

Manny

• Aerosoft
Bump!

Megascenery is going to release an FSX version of New York.

:)

It would be great to to have Aerisoft Manhatten (My first addon that introduced me to Aerosoft).

Manny

For now it is just out of the question I am afraid. even the default Manhattan in FSX is very slow, adding a lot of additional objects would make it a slideshow.