New A319 Inflight Refuelling Capability

Scotflieger

Having completed a 'slow' boarding and refuel, I flew for 1:15 hr only to notice on landing that my VA ACARs report showed the same fuel load as when I started.

Checking the ECAM(U) it showed 7000 kg of fuel.

post-103067-0-15896800-1414430204_thumb.

Checking the MCDU® Load page showed that boarding/loading was still in progress. These were checked before door close and engine start as completed.

post-103067-0-32976500-1414430203_thumb.

It appear that the fuel tanker remained attached throughout the flight keeping my tanks topped up.

Perhaps no load or refuel should be allowed once taxi commences and certainly once airborne.

Flown with HF1.12.

Hi,

sorry but just tried to reproduce the issue but cannot confirm the "in-flight refueling capacity". If you are able to reproduce please tell me step by step with which ACFT STATE you started and what you did......... Maybe it helps you to have a look into the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 4.7 where the functions are explained in detail.....

Conditions to use the LOAD/FUEL functions (except LOAD INSTANT) are:

All Load Requests: Engines = off and parking brakes or chocks are set
Pax boarding: Front or aft door is open
Cargo: Both cargo doors are open

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived