Anti Virus Software kicking out Confiuration manager A318-9 v1.10

charliebravo

Hello,

While I had no problem at all with version 1.0 of the A318-9 Extended software, on de-installing version 1.0 and installing V1.10 my McAfee Anti Virus software (which was disabled on the installation of the software) quarantines the A318-19 configuration manager (which as you know is an .exe file).

This .exe file is identified as a Trojan with the name "Artemis!F5B04DC361" and removed from the Aerosoft base A318-19 base folder within FSX.

What ever I do, I can not get this very much needed .exe file to take it's proper place within the installation in order to configure the aircraft.

Can you advise me as to what to do to get this version of your product to install correctly without this important file being kicked out by my anti virus software each time of installing or simply opening its location folder.

Thank you for your help with this problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Configure your virus scanner in a way not to scan this file or the respective folder. Also please report this false positive at McAfee. Aerosoft can't solve this problem.

Hi,

we have heared time kind of report from time to time, but apparently we don't recieve any replies from the developers of these Anti Virus software.

Therefore we can only advise to deactivate your Anti Virus temporarily while installing the Airbus and afterwards to exclude the FS folder from the scans of your Anti Virus software.
We far there has not been any virus aimed at flight simulation, so it won't do any harm to your computer to disable the Anti Virus from scanning your FS folder. It will make your FS a bit faster too!

Thank you for your replies.

I have already reported this problem to McAfee.

If anyone knows how to make McAfee bypass this folder on its scan, I would really appreciate that.

I have not been able to find a way to do this, neither have I been able to see how you add a file to the "Trusted" list within McAfee's software.

Any further help appreciated as it will not only help me but , very likely other too who have up to date McAfee anti virus software on their computer.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Link above seems only to cover full version of McAfee. I have BT NetProtect Plus..anyone know anything about that one? Further to that I have the configurator for the A320/321 and this looks identical to the one for the A318/319. Can it be used for a318/319? It is accepted by McAfee!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Further to that I have the configurator for the A320/321 and this looks identical to the one for the A318/319. Can it be used for a318/319?

No, as the configurator does not only change ini files used by both products but also other files only relevant for the specific aircraft family.

I just can't get the configurator to run with the A318, keep getting "Unknown Hard error" message, despite being exempt from my Kaspersky antivirus and having done 3 re-installs(with antivrus off). Is there a way to manually enter preferences in the ini file and is there a list of values to change.

A318error_zps169fea90.jpg

Archived