michalis

First two shots from FSX :

CXzyf.jpg

Lznr.jpg

Three from Prepared3DV2.4 :

FpEf1.jpg

pE578.jpg

BApqs.jpg

Look at the afterburner effect , Is this normal , there is a big difference from fsx to Prepared3D ?

Thanks ,

Mike

I think it is just the inbuilt affect in the sim rather than the aircraft itself. Not an expert though. What is interesting however is the use of flap on takeoff. I've seen a few reheat departures on various videos and I sometimes don't see flap being deployed. I would have thought it could cause a bit too much drag in case you lose one of the reheats during the run? I know the pilot notes as supplied say to use it, but maybe later versions of them had it changed?

Anyone know?

Look at the afterburner effect , Is this normal , there is a big difference from fsx to Prepared3D ?

Thanks ,

Mike

The reheat is a multiple effect , and it looks like P3d is only displaying half of it ! the animated flame inside the pipe is missing, I'll check it out .

Flaps were optional for take-off with the F3, and in practice rarely used

I think it is just the inbuilt affect in the sim rather than the aircraft itself. Not an expert though. What is interesting however is the use of flap on takeoff. I've seen a few reheat departures on various videos and I sometimes don't see flap being deployed. I would have thought it could cause a bit too much drag in case you lose one of the reheats during the run? I know the pilot notes as supplied say to use it, but maybe later versions of them had it changed?

Anyone know?

The reheat is a multiple effect , and it looks like P3d is only displaying half of it ! the animated flame inside the pipe is missing, I'll check it out .

Flaps were optional for take-off with the F3, and in practice rarely used

Thanks guys ,i appreciated it ! I am waiting for your reply .

Mike

Thanks guys ,i appreciated it ! I am waiting for your reply .

Mike

Hi Mike

With regards to your reheat see here ..........

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=8628

If p3d do not provide a fix , it is an easy task to simply make the flame bigger by adjusting the .FX settings .

Dave R

Hi Mike

With regards to your reheat see here ..........

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=8628

If p3d do not provide a fix , it is an easy task to simply make the flame bigger by adjusting the .FX settings .

Dave R

Thank you very much Dave for your reply! However i have no idea how to make the adjustment in .FX settings ! Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks again , Mike .

Thank you very much Dave for your reply! However i have no idea how to make the adjustment in .FX settings ! Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks again , Mike .

Hi Mike ,

As this is an ongoing discusion over on the P3d forum , and the 50% reduction affects ALL FSX based effects it might be an Idea to await their conclusions .

If it appears to be going nowhere though I'll edit the reheat fx and post it .

Hi Mike ,

As this is an ongoing discusion over on the P3d forum , and the 50% reduction affects ALL FSX based effects it might be an Idea to await their conclusions .

If it appears to be going nowhere though I'll edit the reheat fx and post it .

Thanks a lot Dave, I will wait then !

Thanks a lot Dave, I will wait then !

Hi Mike

I can't have you flying around with a weedy reheat :o . LM cut it by 50% , so I have simply restored it by X2 the particle X and Y scale parameters ..

That should do the trick .

Lightning F3 reheat _P3d V2.4 resize.zip

Simply unzip and drop the fx files into the effects folder ( or the P3d equivalent) and overwrite ,

I have included a folder with the old settings , so they can be reinstated in case LM provide a comprehensive fix.

Cheers

Dave R

Archived