Out of memory issue?

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section.... First off, I love the A318/319!! Great job. I did a flight from KDFW to KLAX (FS Dream add on airports, Active Sky Next and Untimate Traffic 2 at 50%) and after landing at KLAX I heard a soft ding sound and the graphics started to black out in internal view and outside also. Is this a OOM issue? The sim never crashed but I could not see inside the flightdeck and outside was white and black buildings. Should I save the flight at the TOD and then try to finish it then?

Thanks,

When you hear the ding, change from fullscreen mode to windowed mode (or from windowed mode to fullscreen) and back, pressing 2 times ALT+ENTER before FSX freezes. The OOM will be gone. Takes 1 sec and works for me since 2 years without problems. Or if you fly in windowed mode, you can minimize and maximize the window with the same effect.

• Aerosoft

When you hear the ding, change from fullscreen mode to windowed mode (or from windowed mode to fullscreen) and back, pressing 2 times ALT+ENTER before FSX freezes. The OOM will be gone. Takes 1 sec and works for me since 2 years without problems. Or if you fly in windowed mode, you can minimize and maximize the window with the same effect.

I never knew about that tip. But I'll be damned it doesn't work! I gained half a gig of VAS using it.

Thanks!

I used the same trick for a while but then just switched to DX10, my OOMs are gone and overall FSX works better/smoother in critical stages, like in the turns or when on final in particular. So to summarize, DX10 cures OOMs and adds fluidity. It's because of DX10 I'm not rushing to switch to P3D.

Sabre10.

PS: I've also used the preventive care of course which is turning off of unneeded areas in scenery.cfg.

• 4 weeks later...

I am occasionally experimenting OOM problems in the last days. First I blamed NL2000 scenery, then the new A320/321, finally it occurred with 737NGX as well right after taking off from EDDT.

Can't test now, but I'll do it tonight for sure. If your trick works, I will contact in private to have your IBAN code...:-)

I have been using this switch from Full screen to windowed mode and vice versa for months now and I always get a significant increase in VAS available. I use FSUIPC to log VAS availability in the windowed banner line, so can confirm it works for me. I monitor VAS availability throughout my flights and it is interesting to see how it fluctuates.

Archived