Using keyboard as overhead panel

Hello..i have a question here.can we use the keyboard as overhead panel for airbus x extended aircraft?if can,how can we do it? Thanks..

P/S: Sorry for my bad english since i came from Malaysia :)

It would be possible by assigning all overhead functions to keyboard keys by using FSUIPC, but that would mean they wouldn't work for the rest of the cockpit anymore. It's not possible to use two keyboards (one for the overhead panel and one for the rest of the cockpit). FS would not see the difference between the two keyboards, so a key on one keyboard would always have the same function as the same key on the other keyboard.

It would be possible to make some kind of a switchboard and assign all of these switches to FS funcions. Of course, you'd need FSUIPC to do that.

• 1 month later...

Hello Patrick,

thats a very good Idea of nazmie! :hi2_s:

I'm planning to use an illuminated keyboard as Overhead for the new Airbus A320!

How does the opearting system ( WIN7 ) react with 2 keyboards?

Is there no chance to configure a second keyboard with FSUIPC ( registered ) for the FSX?

Maybe configure keyboard 2 as USB HID device! :big_boss_s:

• 1 month later...

You can use hidmacros (http://www.hidmacros.eu/) software to use a second keyboard.

I use my second keyboard for the overhead panel with PMDG 737, its really easy to configure it as you can find all PMDG 737 events on the Simconnect events list

Now I want to use it for the new Aerosoft Airbus, but...there are not the Airbus events list...

I've just post a request for this issue on their forum : http://www.hidmacros.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=228

Hope we can find a solution for this.

Archived