More Unusual Route Display on ND

Scotflieger

To add to your collection of odd route displays, this happened to me as I got airborne from EGLL 27R. The planned route for a SID DET3F departure was fine during data entry and taxi.

On take off the left turn to INTCPT became broken and a loop and track to the next waypoint EPM was drawn behind the aircraft.

post-103067-0-71523300-1414071327_thumb.

This shows the geometry of the route drawn after left turn through 100 deg onto 140.

post-103067-0-07357300-1414071338_thumb.

Planned route was EGLL 27R SID DET3F DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 AMASI UM149 BOMBI T104 ANORA - EDDM

Database Aerosoft NavData Pro 1411

Afaik things like that happen in real life too in the Airbus. (A few examples of this were already posted by Aerosoft before the actual release, so we would know what to expect.) That's why they decided to not fire the pilots in command... ;) I also get some odd route displays, usually with STARs or SIDs and if I have them, I simply deal with them (if possible by doing a direct to to the next 'normal' waypoint or else by using manual heading mode or if everything else fails by manually flying the plane).

J van E, the "fly the aircraft first" always applies. I am just reporting examples of faults to improve this great aircraft from Aerosoft. Although the ND route display is drawn incorrectly, the aircraft actually follows the expected ground track using the AP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah, ok. ;) But I don't think Aerosoft will improve this because afaik it's a real life bug! ;)

This is what I understand as well, from more than only one thread in this forum.

This knowledge makes me chuckle whenever I read about "autonomous flight" and "pilotless passenger planes" that are under development in research departments.

It seems the guys doing the software engineering for real-world planes still have a long way to go.

Just a by-note.

• Aerosoft

Each of these reports is checked and when we see a pattern changes can be made to the code. So the amount of these issues should reduce slowly.

Btw, you will often see that the route the aircraft flies is correct, it's just the display that's wrong.

Archived