NATS UK & Ireland Standard Routes

I have updated the NATS UK & Ireland Standard Routes for PFPX from the latest SRD - June 2016. I was a bit quicker this time. ;)

Please let me know if you find any errors and I will correct them as soon as possible.

Regards,

Serge

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I have been providing the NATS SRD routes as a download suitable for import into PFPX. I use a spreadsheet I created to translate the data from the provided PDF to a text file in the correct format for importing into PFPX. Although the spreadsheet semi automated the translation there was still a bit of manual editing required due to the inconsistent way the PDF imported into Excel and because of this I never shared the spreadsheet, just the outputted file.

It was recently brought to my attention that the NATS SRD file was now a XLS file rather than a PDF (thanks Ken for the heads up). With this XLS file I was able to modify my spreadsheet to fully automate the translation with no manual editing required. Ken also brought to my attention the availability of the preferred routes document the FAA provides for routes in the US. This is a CSV file so I created another version of my spreadsheet that would work with the FAA preferred routes document. After some testing (thanks again Ken) I am now fairly confident that these spreadsheets are suitable to share with the community. You can find them here to download...

They were created with Excel 2016 but should still work with earlier versions. Instructions are contained in the spreadsheets but hopefully its fairly straightforward to use (please remember to enable macros). Also note that I'm not a programmer and know pretty much nothing about VBA. I put this together by googling examples of what I wanted to do and sticking code together. I'm sure there is a better way to code this but somehow this works. Please let me know if you find any issues or have any suggestions.

Regards,

Serge

Hello Serge,

I have just tested using Excel 2007 with both files and no issues at all :)

Is it possible to expand the SRD ( maybe as an option ) to bring in the overflight/exit and entry routes ?

G'day Stephen,

Thanks for the feedback on using it with an earlier version of Excel. Great to hear that it still works.

To be honest, I'm not sure about the entry/exit routes. I'll look into it and let you know.

Cheers,

Serge

I have updated the NATS SRD Translator Spreadsheet with an option to include sub-routes (thanks Stephen for the suggestion and testing). Including sub-routes in the output will increase the outputted routes from over 6000 routes to over 24000 routes. To clarify, the default output is full routes only (Airport to Airport) however with the include sub-routes option checked you will get full routes and sub-routes (Airport to Airport, Airport to Fix, Fix to Airport and Fix to Fix).

Regards,

Serge

• 1 month later...

I have updated the NATS UK & Ireland Standard Routes for PFPX from the latest SRD - August 2016. You can get it here:

Remember, you can also convert the routes yourself including sub-routes using the PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheet available here:

Please let me know if you find any errors and I will correct them as soon as possible.

Regards,

Serge

Archived