MDCU(L) Unable to enter Arrival Runway and STAR

Scotflieger

Connected with the previously reported fault of a frozen Next Waypoint on ND, I found I was unable to see the arrival runway at my destination (EDDM) or any STARs on the MCDU(L). I had not previously entered these details until along my route and prior to descent. The Next Waypoint on the ND had frozen at FERDI about 350NM from EDDM.

Route used: EGLL - DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 AMASI UM149 BOMBI T104 ANORA - EDDM.

Additionally, I tried to enter a new route after landing only find that the other reported problem of the destination airport (EGLL) was not in the the database was also present.

post-103067-0-74184700-1413889337_thumb.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to make your: You're sitting in EGLL on the ground, loaded the above flight paln and could not choose the arrival runway?

That is correct. As in real life, the arrival airport was 2+ hours away so arrival runway and STAR not entered until well in the cruise (30 mins from EDDM). This is very much the case when flying with VATSIM when ATC dictate which runway/STAR is in use on first connect. In the reported case above, I could not entered the arrival details.

For the return flight (EDDM/EGLL), I found that I had to close and reopen FSX to get Airbus A319 to reload the Database (16OCT12NOV/14 1411). Reloading A319 and selecting Cold and Dark failed to load the database.

Mid route VATSIM London Control came on line with ATIS data and arrival runway. I was able to change the arrival details (27L to 27R) as normal. Shortly afterwards the Next Waypoint froze at TERLA with the distance to go increasing. Checking the F-PLN arrives page, the new runway and STAR were visible at the top of the MCDU(L) display but no runway options were visible. See photos. I am still able to fly my route but cannot see the correct next waypoint on the ND or change my arrival airport should ATC instruct me to. Additionally, when I went to the F-PLN to delete the Discontinuity line, the remaining route from LAM to EGLL was not displayed on the ND.

Route Flown: EDDM - GIVMI Y101 OSBIT UL984 LOHRE UL610 BATTY UL608 LOGAN - STAR LAM3A - EGLL

post-103067-0-77268300-1413895093_thumb.

post-103067-0-05998800-1413895105.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived