Black vapor trails @ wing ends

After deinstalling v1 and installing v1.10 of the product - as described by Mr. Kok - I noticed that the vapor trails at the end of the wings are black. It seems that a texture is missing.

Best regards,

R&H

It seems like textures are corrupted somehow :( I had same problem with black contrails once, i managed to fix them by reinstalling default FSX contrail textures again.

I don't think that corrupt textures are the reason for my problem because I copied and overwrote the two mentioned files from P3D to FSX with the same result: Black vapor trails. In P3D the vapor trails of the A318/A319 are fine.

Best regards,

R&H

hi,

look in your Effects Folder/Texture. This is a missing smoke effects.bmp! I have the defaults bmp on a save place. when you need it, PM! I had this problem after installing MyTraffic 2013, black exhaust and vapor trails. In the Effects/Texture folder the smoke.bmp was missing.

Regards,

Peter

• Aerosoft

This should fix it, very usefull utility: http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/8/256

You have there a very nice explanation why this happens and how to use this utility to fix it

Great tool, did not know that one.

Archived