Checklist Reset After Flight

alexchard757

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this but after the shutdown checklist has finished after a flight and it says checklist will reset in a certain amount of time, mine seems to get to zero and then just gets stuck saying "checklist will restart in 05:05" and doesn't reset or let you reuse the checklist. I have tried a fresh reinstall but nothing seems to work. Look forward to any help anyone can provide.

alexchard757

Hi,

I just tried to reproduce the issue but failed e.g. everything is working pefect: After app. 5 minutes the reset works and the Cockpit Preparation CL (after Turnaround) is available. Just one question: You did not touch in FSX any timing related settings during that 5 minutes?

Regards

Rolf

I don't think I changed anything time related why would that cause an issue?

Because we use the FSX set time to compare if the app. 5 min have been reached..... So if you change the FSX date or time the countdown could run for ever......

• 4 weeks later...

Because we use the FSX set time to compare if the app. 5 min have been reached..... So if you change the FSX date or time the countdown could run for ever......

Would there be an issue if the time is changed *after* the countdown has run out? I've noticed that if I change the date, I can start the checklists but the PNF doesn't ever make the challenge, meaning the checklist is perpetually stuck on the first item of the cockpit preparation checklist.

It is not logic e. g. a strange and abnormal procedure using the timer to reset for a new flight e.g. TURNAROUND and then after that manually changing the time...... So there are two normal ways:

• Wait the 5 minutes after the system has been set back and then start the COCKPIT PREP CL e.g. do not touch the FSX time settings
  • Immediately adopt the FSX time as required, load the ACFT STATE "TURNAROUND", set the CL and CP function to ON and start the COCKPIT PREP CL.

I just checked and both mentioned above procedure work well.......

Regards,

Rolf

• Immediately adopt the FSX time as required, load the ACFT STATE "TURNAROUND", set the CL and CP function to ON and start the COCKPIT PREP CL.

Do you mean change the time before the shutdown checklist begins? In my case, I am following a VA timetable. So I land, park, shutdown, wait the 5 min (I use this time to plan the next flight), and then change the FSX time to roughly the timetable so I don't have to sit at the gate or worry about being late/early on the previous leg.

Do you mean change the time before the shutdown checklist begins? In my case, I am following a VA timetable. So I land, park, shutdown, wait the 5 min (I use this time to plan the next flight), and then change the FSX time to roughly the timetable so I don't have to sit at the gate or worry about being late/early on the previous leg.

I ran into another issue today during a through flight without adjusting anything in FSX. Everything was going along fine until decent, when the PNF didn't make the transition altitude call. At one point, the PF called for the approach checklist but nothing happened. This was on the 2nd leg.

No, finish the PARKING CL, immediately after that change FSX time and then load the TURN AROUND aircraft state......then you proceed as normal plan your flight and start the COCKPIT PREP CL......

Regards,

Rolf

I ran into another issue today during a through flight without adjusting anything in FSX. Everything was going along fine until decent, when the PNF didn't make the transition altitude call. At one point, the PF called for the approach checklist but nothing happened. This was on the 2nd leg.

Never had this issue before that a TRANS ALT was missed......Please check again if all MCDU settings were OK ....... If this happens again I need all details of those flights as well as screenshots to investigate / reproduce....

Regards,

Rolf.

Never had this issue before that a TRANS ALT was missed......Please check again if all MCDU settings were OK ....... If this happens again I need all details of those flights as well as screenshots to investigate / reproduce....

Regards,

Rolf.

Noted. There's a newer thread with someone who had a similar issue who maybe got more details. Everything after "initiate decent" was never called. That other post mentions a lower cruise level; the approach I was on has an altitude constraint of FL250 on the first waypoint, and ATC kept me level there for a while before I rejoined the arrival. Perhaps the bus thought I was back in cruise mode?

Please this a complete different subject....... do not mix up various problems in one thread....... If the problem still exists please open a new thread......

So what did you do in the a. m. case? Did you change the FL on the MCDU? Or did you just set the "descent to altitude" on the FCU to FL250? But I do not understand the relation to the TRANS ALT problem you previously mentioned .......... The normal way in such a case would be to set the ALT on the FCU to FL250 and wait until you get ATC approval for further descent. Without ATC instructions to level off at FL250 you would have set a lower altitude on the FCU (p.e. to catch the G/S) the plane would have kept the ALT restriction and then automatically descent again - when passing the TRANSALT (based on your MCDU PERF APPR page) it should automatically start .......

Regards,

Rolf

First, I set the transition altitude (and other landing information) in the APP PHASE section of the PERF page of the MCDU. There was a crossing restriction of FL250 on the first waypoint of the STAR. So ATC clears me to descend to FL250 which I accomplish by setting the FCU to 25000 and pushing the knob for a managed decent at the TOC. ATC kept me at FL250 for longer than normal, but I was eventually allowed to resume the approach. The last checklist call was "Decent Preparation" which completed normally. Around 5,000 I manually activated the approach phase on the MCDU, and the PF called for the approach checklist shortly thereafter, but the PNF never responded.

It only happened the one time, and I assumed it had to do with the fact that I was on a though flight, i.e. landed, parked, then took off again without ending the simulation.

Archived