---> Change Weather scanning options (solved)

• Aerosoft

Gents, I got to apologize as I was feeding you incorrect information.

The “WXBackgroundScan” parameter has only affect if WX RADAR is switched OFF! If RADAR is switched ON, it will work WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION!

• WXBackgroundScan=2 (or as default no “WXBackgroundScan” parameter line at all in INI): FULL SCAN in background when RADAR off (this allows faster access to current complex WX situation as soon as Radar is switched on). But generally the scan rate of collected data is lower if RADAR is off, if Radar is ON the rate is increased.
  • WXBackgroundScan=1: LIMITED SCAN in background when RADAR off. This reduces the background load when RADAR is off.
  • WXBackgroundScan=0: Disables ALL background scanning of all WX data if WX RADAR is switched OFF! If Radar is switched on, all scans are working unlimited.
  • WXBackgroundScanProto=1 enables logging options, activate those on our demand.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents, I got to apologize as I was feeding you incorrect information.

The “WXBackgroundScan” parameter has only affect if WX RADAR is switched OFF! If RADAR is switched ON, it will work WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION!

• WXBackgroundScan=2 (or as default no “WXBackgroundScan” parameter line at all in INI): FULL SCAN in background when RADAR off (this allows faster access to current complex WX situation as soon as Radar is switched on). But generally the scan rate of collected data is lower if RADAR is off, if Radar is ON the rate is increased.

• WXBackgroundScan=1: LIMITED SCAN in background when RADAR off. This reduces the background load when RADAR is off.

• WXBackgroundScan=0: Disables ALL background scanning of all WX data if WX RADAR is switched OFF! If Radar is switched on, all scans are working unlimited.

• WXBackgroundScanProto=1 enables logging options, activate those on our demand.

Hi,

Ok tested and approved all is working fine for me now....no more fps drop with WXBackgroundScan=0 and radar off.

Thank you

Christian

I think you meant this...? Because with those // in front of the lines, changing the numbers won't help. ;)

Thanks Jeroen - I also found that wxr can be turned on as stated by Mathijs but I guess its not doing much unless you turn it on - long as its off and not causing problems its good

but I guess its not doing much unless you turn it on - long as its off and not causing problems its good

Well, actually, it's the other way around: this tweak only has effect with the radar off. The problem is that with the radar off it IS doing much, in the background! As soon as you turn the radar on, this tweak does nothing anymore.

So if you usually keep the radar off, you actually should use this tweak! The nice thing is that you can always use the radar anyway: with this option at 0 you only have to wait a while before it shows the weather. I have this setting at 0 because I rather use the resources for something else and never use the radar anyway.

Thank you Mathijs for clearing that up and explaining the features, I suppose apart from the delay when using the WX radar, there is no harm when turning off the background scanning, one would still get the full weather radar, it's just about loading the weather data faster when turning it on?

• Aerosoft

Thank you Mathijs for clearing that up and explaining the features, I suppose apart from the delay when using the WX radar, there is no harm when turning off the background scanning, one would still get the full weather radar, it's just about loading the weather data faster when turning it on?

Yes, it might take up to 20 seconds.

Hi All

I do confirming the part of 2 / 1 / and 0....nut still when Wx Radar is on the FPS go dramatically down "for me it is from steady 30 to 15-17 only.....when start moving with the bus to takeoff it decreases even more.....I believe that my system is strong enough to not having performance issues like this :/

Could any one confirm that problem in V 1.00?? I didn't try it on my PC....just on my old laptop during my last vacation....it was stuttering as the laptop is old...so is it there in that version??

my PC:

i7 4770k 3.5
Nvidia Titan 6 gb ram
16 gb ram
250 gb ssd hard for system and fsx
1 T hard for data
1050 wt power supply
Antic liquid cooling system.
Maximus VI Asus motherboard
Windows 7 ultimate 64

any advise from experts to improve the performance?...I'm getting with AXE FPS : if afcad I got 30-50 fps, if mega 25-32

Thanks in advance.

• Aerosoft

Hi All

I do confirming the part of 2 / 1 / and 0....nut still when Wx Radar is on the FPS go dramatically down "for me it is from steady 30 to 15-17 only.....when start moving with the bus to takeoff it decreases even more.....I believe that my system is strong enough to not having performance issues like this :/

Indeed.

The only cause we have been able to come up with it related to simConnect. When that communication channel starts to get overloaded it might cause an overall degradation. Why this exacty happens on some system and not on the vast majority is still a mystery to us.

Do we have something to do with simconnect in this regard?

BTW, performed a clean windows install and installed so many thing to the system but not everything.

Noticed one thing, after installing axe, everything was just perfect (1.16 plus hotfix 19) fps were like 40 to 55....after installing the new bus, the fps dramatically reduced even also for axe itself...... Might this help you at aerosoft?

Do you think that this is an error in simconnect itself? I mean we can repair it for example? My view based on the changes happened in the the axe itself after installing the new bus.... As it was working normally with very good fps

• 2 weeks later...

Does this tweek need to be done again after installing the new A320/1, I don't see the weather radar entries in the AB_ND_GDI.ini file after installing the new A320/1.

Never mind mind just saw the other tread with same question.

That's correct. Those lines are only optional. So if you have no issues, simply leave it as it is.

I'm confused. So if I have issues (and my pc is not the most pwerfull) how do I delete the // if I don't have them to delete?!

I'm confused. So if I have issues (and my pc is not the most pwerfull) how do I delete the // if I don't have them to delete?!

Just add the lines posted above originally for the A318/319 an switch the Radar off. Just tried on the A321 IAE and it's working

• Deputy Sheriffs

BTW the lines you posted above are wrong. Please have a close look to the first post in this topic. And again, If you have no problems no need to change anything.

Archived