The Cat who liked water...is not anymore?

mvalotta

• Aerosoft
fs9 on my system is now as i want it.

i dont really need more addons and since its running fine i dont have to talk to others in the forums...

on top of that i dont wanna spend so much money again on a new system since i recently upgraded mine(just because of fs9).

but i know that with my current rig i wont be able to play fsx as i want to.

why the hell should i buy it then?

i mean i will buy it in a year or so, but now i wanna enjoy fs9 which costed me so much money...

and if u think im not a real simmer im fine with that.

No, you probably are a simmer alright. I know simmers who still fly FS2002 and they still write us who we do not release Mega Airport Frankfurt for Fs2002. It's hard to explain to them the platform just does not allow what we can do.

But the commercial fact is sales of FS2004 products will drop to nearly zero the moment FSx is out. You will still enjoy it, but there will be nearly no movement, new developments on that platform. Developments will move forwards at a rapid pace, but not for you. In our experience (personally 5 updates of FS while making money on that sim) most simmers will either drop out or upgrade. Almost none manage to stay on the old platform. It is all a lot of deja-vue for us. Same story with every update.

You ask why the hell you should buy FSx? But the same could be said for FS2004. Perhaps because it looked better, had more options, offered more new products? And why did you upgrade from Fs2002 to Fs2004? because you needed to burn money on hardware? Nobody will force you to upgrade, if you are happy with FS as you have it now we will loose you as a customer. Aerosoft has no option aside from a forward move.

Besides, if you just upgraded to hardware to run FS2004 really well, you will most likely be pretty close to what Fsx needs. Don't believe all the idiotic stuff you read, listen to people who now run beta 3 and have experience.

Perhaps hasegawa said in sarcastic mode what we all in depth think (more or less) and his “apocalyptic” vision is really funny :lol::lol: (at least for me). We are sick of running behind the carrot like donkeys.

In this case I think it’s only matter of “timing”, being patient.

I won’t wait anymore "the next Fs patch" fore getting it right as I did since FS5.1.

I express what I feel regard FS2004 above and only now I’m pretty happy with it. One of the factors that pushed me to buy and start the investment in FS9 was the amount of possibilities that it brought to developers.

I never saw such amount of incredible sceneries, new add-ons and superb aircrafts including aircraft systems, avionics and cabin crew environmental and interactive programs in former version.

Just because this potential I bought fs2004 thinking in rigging it instead of using it naked. But I started later, perhaps 6 months-one year after their launch. And I had not buy fs2002. I jumped directly from fs2000 to fs2004 (and I didn’t loose anything with this waiting compass)

I saw in FS9 some of my "wish list" becoming reality.

What I disagree with hasegawa is that perhaps an elephant is not important, but is the potential behind this elephant, a new function would bring to us, e.g., new “more real” rescue missions with the Seahawk, alive persons at misty Fjords docks, cars running under the plane while landing (or everybody didn’t love this function with Mega Frankfurt or Fly Tampa Vienna?!) and who knows what else!

At least me, and I think us, we always look for some “action” included aside the fact of just making a nice flight (something that you cannot do with flight combat simulators, pure action but no nice fly over Venice of Berlin at dawn). The success of FScargo and FS-passengers is one example of this interactive mission oriented function needed for simmers.

And I like nice water and everything that can make it "as real as it gets"...it was always our pushing force.

For me 1.500 Euros is a lot too, but 1000 u$ is not too much and perhaps I would afford it next year I hope. I’ll probably move slowly to FSX just when the product will be enough mature, DX10 running, harware companies fighting each other for selling us their “best” dx10 compatible card and the patches for my current add-ons (or new exciting ones) in the street or on-line. At that moment the hardware will rich some reasonable price. In the meantime I’ll still fly my nice FS9 configured as I said with the entire possible current rig.

But I will not run after the carrot like a donkey anymore. For sure...still waiting for the Catalina and the F16. First good reason I found for FSX.

Bests

Mario

• Aerosoft
Perhaps hasegawa said in sarcastic mode what we all in depth think (more or less) and his “apocalyptic” vision is really funny :lol::lol: (at least for me). We are sick of running behind the carrot like donkeys.

In this case I think it’s only matter of “timing”, being patient.

I won’t wait anymore "the next Fs patch" fore getting it right as I did since FS5.1.

I express what I feel regard FS2004 above and only now I’m pretty happy with it. One of the factors that pushed me to buy and start the investment in FS9 was the amount of possibilities that it brought to developers.

I never saw such amount of incredible sceneries, new add-ons and superb aircrafts including aircraft systems, avionics and cabin crew environmental and interactive programs in former version.

Just because this potential I bought fs2004 thinking in rigging it instead of using it naked. But I started later, perhaps 6 months-one year after their launch. And I had not buy fs2002. I jumped directly from fs2000 to fs2004 (and I didn’t loose anything with this waiting compass)

I saw in FS9 some of my "wish list" becoming reality.

What I disagree with hasegawa is that perhaps an elephant is not important, but is the potential behind this elephant, a new function would bring to us, e.g., new “more real” rescue missions with the Seahawk, alive persons at misty Fjords docks, cars running under the plane while landing (or everybody didn’t love this function with Mega Frankfurt or Fly Tampa Vienna?!) and who knows what else!

At least me, and I think us, we always look for some “action” included aside the fact of just making a nice flight (something that you cannot do with flight combat simulators, pure action but no nice fly over Venice of Berlin at dawn). The success of FScargo and FS-passengers is one example of this interactive mission oriented function needed for simmers.

And I like nice water and everything that can make it "as real as it gets"...it was always our pushing force.

For me 1.500 Euros is a lot too, but 1000 u$ is not too much and perhaps I would afford it next year I hope. I’ll probably move slowly to FSX just when the product will be enough mature, DX10 running, harware companies fighting each other for selling us their “best” dx10 compatible card and the patches for my current add-ons (or new exciting ones) in the street or on-line. At that moment the hardware will rich some reasonable price. In the meantime I’ll still fly my nice FS9 configured as I said with the entire possible current rig.

But I will not run after the carrot like a donkey anymore. For sure...still waiting for the Catalina and the F16. First good reason I found for FSX.

Bests

Mario

Mario, if you see any version of FS as a bugfix on the previous version I got bad news. As the new version is far more complex then any previous we'll see more bugs. The good news is that the FSx beta has been FAR larger and FAR more open then any before. MS has been really open and honest. So we can look forward to fixes.

I do not know what OS you use, but last week I heard from very good sources that XP has over 1000 'issues' (Win 2000 a bit less). All issues at least SOME customers consider 'bugs' and MS considers 'issues'. Still I consider XP a superb OS, just as I consider FS2004 to be a very good sim. And believe me, working with Fs for 60 hours a week I most likely know a lot more bugs and silly limitations then most customers know.

Like you say, missions will be a large part of FSx. Yes, they are a 'gamy' part of of, but wait until you fly the Amazon mission. It was some most enjoyable time I spend in FS ever.

No Mathijs, I’m not seeing any version of FS as a bugfix on the previous version. It’s just a balance between what is offering to me each new version compared with the former.

I was thinking that "dynamic scenery" was always present by one or other way in each version, including the old DOS fs5.1 (lovely…remember that “Hawaii expansion pack”? or “Paris expansion pack”?..hahaha :lol::lol::lol: ) with those ugly green 727 like airplanes ahead...but it was at least the unique function that brings to the scenery some touch of "life". We always looked for that I guess.

Amazonia...finally we will have some action here in South America, almost unexplored for fsimmers. If Europe was always missed by Microsoft with the exception of a couple of cities, imagine how South America looks.

Good news for my Brazilian neighbors and his "Amazonia Defenders" scenery series!

Interesting thread. Where the computer industry would be without FS, version after version busting its behind ? :lol: Second comment BTW the simmers were thus the main financial force in this technological thrust. Intel, Nvidia and the like owe us :twisted:

Seriously, you guys who are in the know when do you reasonably expect DX 10 boards to be pushed to the market ?

Interesting thread. Where the computer industry would be without FS, version after version busting its behind ? :lol: Second comment BTW the simmers were thus the main financial force in this technological thrust. Intel, Nvidia and the like owe us :twisted:

Seriously, you guys who are in the know when do you reasonably expect DX 10 boards to be pushed to the market ?

Well ... Sims have rather become a niche product, maybe they're coming back nowadays. But I do believe products like the Quake series, Farcry can Doom3 were the main pushers in recent years, if you can call it that - technological advance just comes with time, that's natural. (Of course money IS a main issue, so here the gamers come in play - but you can't always force technological progress either, it just "happens" - I think you can see that in CPU development).

FSX is a great step into the future of simming. Everything becoming more interactive and dynamic is wonderful!

I do believe the FS graphics engine is a winner from an artistic pov, maybe not quite from the performance standpoint ;o)

• Aerosoft

Well ... Sims have rather become a niche product, maybe they're coming back nowadays. But I do believe products like the Quake series, Farcry can Doom3 were the main pushers in recent years, if you can call it that - technological advance just comes with time, that's natural. (Of course money IS a main issue, so here the gamers come in play - but you can't always force technological progress either, it just "happens" - I think you can see that in CPU development).

FSX is a great step into the future of simming. Everything becoming more interactive and dynamic is wonderful!

I do believe the FS graphics engine is a winner from an artistic pov, maybe not quite from the performance standpoint ;o)

Right on all. The driving force of games hardware is the same for consoles and PC and sims are not important anymore in the great scheme of things. That's why I believe MS changed FS into what we'll see in the new version. A more gamy theme, most attention spend on getting it to look better. They leave it to us, the add-on builders, to provide for the more in depth simmers.

DirectX 10 hardware will start coming online near the summer of 2007, but it will not before Xmas 2007 it will become affordable. People who now shout about the price of hardware have got somehting coming, lol. They will need to wait more thena year before they can see FSx on their systems. Or they just do waht everyboy has always done, buy the hardware you can buy NOW and it affordable.

• 3 months later...
  • Aerosoft
Cool looking forward to the new screenshots.

Will the Catalina also be for FS2004 i hope so becourse i am not going tu use FSX for the timebeing

I am not sure about this at this moment, it all depends on how the market will develop in the next few months.

Would be great if there wil be a FS2004 version

Specialy more and more people are complaining about FSX and go back to FS9

Its nice to see that some of the company`s like Aerosoft still making FS9 products.

I think FS9 will be still a booming busines becourse people geting sick and tired to spend so much money on hardware and software and that they have to start all over again

So please Matthijs dont forget the FS9 users

• 4 weeks later...

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Today we will be cruising at a height of minus six feet - and drinks may be scooped from the aisle..."

My view is, and always will be, consistent:

"We only half live when we only half think."

Voltaire (1694-1778)

As humour is an integral part of cognitive appreciation and language, I find it...

...therapeutic. ;)