So what's the sim you are using?

What's your sim?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. what simulator are you using to run the Airbus in?

• FSX (SP2, Acceleration, Gold)
    • P3D (V2)
    • P3D

Quite interesting to see that many people (and developers) keep claiming that Prepar3d v2 users are a small minority. I guess, they are wrong. More and more people are switching to Prepar3d v2 and even more will do so once PMDG is on board...

Personally I think FSX plus REX weather and ORBX scenery is hard to beat without going down the P3D route. Now we finally have decent hardware it's pretty easy to get top visuals and high frames. I have now got mine running very smoothly with the Airbus and I am not going to do anything to break it now !

(Those shadows look nice I admit but to be honest I think they would be a distraction now)

X-plane here , for me simulating is far important than eye candies .It is a developing platform , PMDG is also investing on it ,No license issue,free nice addons,... .I believe this is the future.

P3D is still a 32 bit exe and eventhough pimped by LM it isn't the future as long as it isn't a 64 bit exe which uses the hardware to it's full potential ... just my 2 cents :)

And keep in mind that doing a 64bit version will brake compability will ALL addons. It won't simply be easy to port them over anymore then either.

Basically if a 64bit P3D is done you'll have to start from 0 with addons again.

AA needs sorting, SLI, 64bit(one day!), Ezdoc or a new version of it, AES, PMDG, RealAir, and a big one....AI traffic

All need sorting. My traffic version or UT version for P3D

Above, all very big factors that make this ;-

P3D v2 was not right, P3Dv2.3 > is "the" flight sim to use. It puts FSX to shame, the only reason I still use FSX and its a big one, PXXG don't work with P3D, when they do like many other I will bin fsx.

P3D is the future of flight sim'ing

......a gross over-generalization.

there are some very nice features in P3D2.4 and reasons to enjoy it of course. But if you value PMDG etc at this point, then it means the hassle of running 2 platforms (installations, config, etc). Whereas there is nothing yet in terms of addons that is only and exclusively available to P3D ..... for that reason, although I own P3D2.4 I don't use it (yet) as I prefer to keep my 'sim life' in one place, and with FSX, everything is still there and working like a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think FSX plus REX weather and ORBX scenery is hard to beat without going down the P3D route. Now we finally have decent hardware it's pretty easy to get top visuals and high frames. I have now got mine running very smoothly with the Airbus and I am not going to do anything to break it now !

(Those shadows look nice I admit but to be honest I think they would be a distraction now)

FSX plus ASN plus ORBX plus REX4 textures, all in DX10.

DX10 manages VAS perfectly well with tons of addon aircraft and scenery, let alone DX11 in P3D 2.4 even while it is 32-bit.

Sabre10.

Hi Ahmed

I have tuned my monitor settings using my NVIDIA Control panel. I decreased the brightness, increased contrast and changed digital vibrancy until things looked a lot darker out the window. I am experimenting with Shade to see if it works with P3D using the pay ware Migration Tool. I like things to look very dark at night, especially over unlit surfaces.

Good luck and if you get a really good look do let me know.

Andrew

PS I have just returned home from a holiday in Sharm el Sheikh. It was really lovely.

Hi Andrew

Wow glade that you enjoyed Sharm.... I was there but a bit East between Sharm and Dahab "Ras Shytan"

Hope to see you in the next time :)

For settings..... Do you played in the control panel of NVIDIA..... mmmm OK I will try this

For shade, affirm, it is working with the migration tool, I'm using endless summer "as what I used to do with fsx" but seems not giving the same look.... Um missing the sweetfx as well.... Used to hang out p3d during clicking the menu... I will see what to do and will send u photos on private to check :)

Archived