No PTU sound when engine shut off ?

marks022

Hi Mark,

actually you don't hear the PTU at all in the cockpit of the real plane. So yes, this is a bug, but the only bug you hear is the PTU when starting the engines :)

Hi,

Emi so it will be corrected?

Why not model that same way as APU sound is modeled?

Also the brake fan sound will be modeled?

I have simply killed the PTU soundfile on my setup. I'll attach you the corrected file. Simply drop it into the [FSX Mainfolder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Sound_ASC

ASC_PTU.wav

With this new file you will not hear the PTU at all anymore.

Hi Ed,

that's correct, but as --- already said we only model SOP. Therefore the only time when you'd hear the PTU would be during engine startup/shutdown, but since there are so many louder noises during those you can't hear the PTU anymore.

• Aerosoft

From the cockpit, when the aircraft is not running and you turn the hydraulic pump on, you can hear the PTU, even with the cockpit door closed. It sounds a lot like this but abit quiter

Cheers

Ed

Our three advisors, all pilots with many hours on type, told us you simply do not hear it when the cooling fans are running. For this project I have had 3 jumpseat flights and on the last one I really did my best to hear it. I did not. A mechanic told me that on some aircraft the dog was really loud so that could be the difference. Your video has it extremely loud but as we got no reference to the sound recording settings or the work done to it afterwards it gives no serious information.

As all has been said on this topic (we'll look into it) I'll close it now.

Archived