Annoying Sound During Taxi

Hi everyone,

First off I want to say I absolutely love this airplane, I'm flying it almost exclusively now in the private scheme.

However, I'm experiencing an annoying sound while taxiing, I've listed all of the information I can think will help below.

- The sound is similar to the one made when the throttle enters various detents, such as MCT or MAN TOGA. It's a quick, subtle, clicking sound.

- The sound is very random, it will go off maybe three times quickly then stop for a few seconds, then follow a completely different pattern.

- This occurs only during taxi on the ground, below MAN TOGA speed (On takeoff, the clicking also stopped at high thrust).

- Hitting the brakes will cause it to cease mid-way through the click, but it will pick up again shortly afterwards.

- This occurred at Williams Gateway KIWA airport, I'm not sure if that is exclusive to there, further testing will be needed.

- I was using the "Private" ACJ A319 when this happened.

- I operate Windows 7 x64 bit on a i7-4770 @ 3.9GHz with a nVidia GTX 645.

Let me know if there is anything more I can provide, I listed everything I could think of in order to try to prevent needing to go back and look again.

I've had this using Saitek throttles. I have the left lever set as airbrakes, and if not calibrated correctly it clicks intermittently, particularly when armed ie right clicked. It only happens when taxying.

Rob.

Thanks to the above posters for your responses.

UPDATE: I experienced this on landing in Centennial Airport in Colorado. After restarting FSX I was able to taxi without these issues, so I'm assuming these issues were just a fluke in some way. I'll respond if I have any other issues.

Archived