ASN SP1 + Aerosoft Airbus Frame Problem: Here an example

Martin Müller

Hello Guys!

After some testing, I can notice that Aerosoft Airbus (1.02c) and ASN with SP1 have a framerate problem. This problem occurs only if you have SP2 on ASN installed and ONLY, if you have Aerosoft Airbus selected.

Here a concrete example with a comparsion between Aerosoft Airbus and PMDG NGX.

Same Sitation, Same Weather and you can see a difference of 10 fps!

PS: With ASN without SP2, there are no problems. I downgraded ASN to the old version, but this cannot be the solution for all times.

pmdg-asn.jpg

airbus-asn.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you show the external model and our external model uses a lot more polygons. If you compare use a model of equal complexity.

It's the same Problem in VC!!!!!!

And this don't occur with ASN withut SP1!!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to put this into a logical order:

A318/A319 was released two weeks ago, ASN SP1 just now.

Plain ASN works fine for you. ASN SP1 gives you trouble.

Maybe you should raise this at HifiSim? They have obviously broken something.

This is of course an interesting finding, as ASN obviously changed something that gives the WXR trouble. But when the WXR was developed it still worked. At least for many people, actually everyone who was involved in the development/testing the A318/A319.

• Aerosoft

And again you compare two aircraft that are not of the same modeling complexity. If your system is having problems reaching the FPS you ask (as you do not reach 38 fps with any model) I am not at all surprised of these results.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are a lot of posts of people in the fps issue thread who where already on the ASN SP Beta version.

But who ever knows what HifiSim has changed... They dig very deep into FSX/P3D and I can easily imagine that the WXR scan somehow interferes with that now. HifiSim are obviously very able people, and they are most definitely not doing things badly on purpose. I guess they found a performance fix for their ASN which comes for AS with the bad side effect.

The comparison with the NGX does not tell too much of course, as it doesn't contain a WXR and is therefore of course totally independent from any weather tool.

I guess that there's no solution.

Same platform different developers.

This can happen but who has to change the code?

737 ngx doesn't have a wx radar.

Check with another airplane with radar like the 777 pmdg.

This would be a more relevant test.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unfortunately also not really. As the 777 interfaces directly into ASN to grab the weather from there. The Aerosoft WXR interfaces into FSX/P3D, so it gets it's information on a totally different way. A comparison between the bus and the 777 is therefore from a technical perspective worthless. Unfortunately.

• Aerosoft

I guess that there's no solution.

Same platform different developers.

This can happen but who has to change the code?

737 ngx doesn't have a wx radar.

The 777 does not scan the weather in FSX but it has a direct connection to one single weather creation tool. It just displays what that tool creates. We simply did not want to be locked to one weather add-on (and there is no need for that) and we actually read the weather as it is in FS. That's what you see and that is what the aircraft experiences. So if the weather is made with ASN or is the default weather in FSX does not matter. Of course that also allows us to show ground clutter (yes you can navigate with our weather radar in some conditions!) that the 777 cannot do.

So comparing with any other aircraft in regards to the WX is not really possible as nobody else is using what we have now. Some are licensing the technology of course and will implement it.

Hi Mathijs,

i don't agree so!

I have the same problem with the fps. ASN with SP1 is not flyable; without SP1 it's ok (but not very good)

When I use the FSGRW, then I have no fps problems!

So i think, there is a problem btw. ASN (SP) and A318/A319.

But is it a ASN problem or an Aerosoft problem?

I'm not sure, but I think you can help here to find the problem, because the problem is only by using the Airbus. Maybe you could tune a few things on the Airbus for us, to get better fps with ASN. Even HIFI have to do something on their code?!

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mark,

but there is nothing wrong with Mathijs statement. He just pointed out that it depends on the machine if you have a problem or not. As there are proven lots of users with the mentioned software combinations (including me) without having these problems.

Mathijs didn't said that there are no problems at all.

• Aerosoft

I mean this text; your answer to Martin Müller, post 13:

Well you might not agree, but on my system it simply does not happen. We got thousands of customers who do not have these problems, but there is a clear effect (though acceptable in my opinion) on Martins system. That why I feel it makes sense to make it clear that these reports do not show a problem with the Airbus, but they indicate an incompatibility between our bus and other add-on(s) on some system.

The 777 does not scan the weather in FSX but it has a direct connection to one single weather creation tool. It just displays what that tool creates. We simply did not want to be locked to one weather add-on (and there is no need for that) and we actually read the weather as it is in FS.

This would be the better solution!

ASN is quasi standard in weather simulation and pmdg has done the job ver perfekt! Absolutly no fps impact with WXR.

So another addon was updated....that affected an addon that was running fine before the other addon changed.

Now you want the developer to change and work for the other addon that was changed, to fix an issue that happened not by their own software?

I wish the world worked like that lol. :D

ASN is quasi standard in weather simulation and pmdg has done the job ver perfekt! Absolutly no fps impact with WXR.

Don't generalize, I use FSGRW and I'm very disgusted that PMDG didn't even try to make a universal WX Radar. Is one of the reasons that keeps me from buying the T7.

• Deputy Sheriffs

How compares the quasi standard to 11% market share within Aerosoft customers as Mathijs pointed out the other day? Of course AS can't know it 100% correct, but even if it is 20% or 30% or 40% it still is not the standard.

I am with you saying that it seems to be the best one currently. But that doesn't makes it automatically to the standard.

AS is looking for a wider approach and I fully agree with this.

If there are currently problems in this approach they have to be fixed. No one ever said that they won't. This is a highly complex problem, that occurs only on a certain amount of machines, and unfortunately not on any of the AS or beta testers machines. This makes it extremely difficult to chase the problem down. But it is possible, it just needs time.

So all it's needed is patience.

• Aerosoft

As I witten, perhaps somewhere else, in our last market research only 11% of our (Airbus + Twin Otter) customers use ASN. It will be a bit more by now.

If you feel that PMDG has done it perfectly we disagree, I do not feel a WX should need a expensive weather add-on and feel an aircraft should function with all add-ons.

• Aerosoft

Don't generalize, I use FSGRW and I'm very disgusted that PMDG didn't even try to make a universal WX Radar. Is one of the reasons that keeps me from buying the T7.

In their defense, we expected to spend a few months on developing that and it's now over a year and we are still tweaking it. For a Service Pack that is absolutely not commercially possible.

Archived